Grandstand - main contractor appointed | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand - main contractor appointed

May 22, 2006
memory man":38aft6e6 said:
Keepitgreen":38aft6e6 said:
dunlop":38aft6e6 said:
There's a hole in my bucket dear Lisa a hole. :sad:
Liza** ;-)
Is the end of the grandstand where it meets the Barn Park end going to be called Pedant's Corner - lol?
Surely it would be Pedants' Corner unless we mean pedant in the singular?

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
Guiri Green":17laetrr said:
ghost of hughie reed":17laetrr said:
Neilz5419":17laetrr said:
IJN":17laetrr said:
They certainly seem to know what they're doing.

https://www.glevents.co.uk/experience/n ... -fc-stand/

Very impressive, so was that a whole new stand from scratch, or did they have an existing stand and demolish all but the structure and do makeover as per our plans.

Pretty sure that be a whole new stand capable of expansion. They describe the roof as " temporary".
Behind one of the goals they have a 6,700 capacity stand paid for by selling a player (Paul Furlong ?) for 1 million. Back in the day obviously.

After building it, did anyone ask 'where's the money gone? ' ;)

:lol:

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
Tugboat":2ukvm8cs said:
Quintrell_Green":2ukvm8cs said:
IJN":2ukvm8cs said:
They certainly seem to know what they're doing.

https://www.glevents.co.uk/experience/n ... -fc-stand/

Elton John's Stand in Yellow Brick bold. Looks superb. I expect Argyle's to look equally good. I just hope it is not spoilt by a wide proliferation of advertising hoardings when 'tis finished.

That’s surely what enhances the extra revenue were aiming to attract?

Francine's fish bar :thumbup:

A

andyr1963

greenmeadie":3fxxdyck said:
The PCC planning portal can be a bit of a pain, so I took a screen shot of the schedule of works

41418250115_e228e3582f_b.jpg

@Leon Horn - Yes, all of the Mayflower is being refurbished. If you look on the image, the Mayflower extension and internal work is scheduled between Jan - Aug 2019.

BUMP

Item 3 Main Contract Works Start date June 18th 2018

Obviously no start date until the "enabling" completed. The last time I heard (Here or Facebook) the problem was sorting out the drainage at HHP. Nothing appears to be happening regarding "drainage". So the main work of rebuilding cannot start.

I was going to go to the meeting to ask on progress, think I'll find the time to write to James Brent and ask.

Still no "Main Contractor" signed to do the re-build.

Still wondering WHY :sigh:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Would this be the case if the refurbishment of the stand had been a separate planning application or are these delays because of the lumping together of the HHP development? A genuine question from an exile.

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Reading the program of works it says preparation and demolition - which has actually started and progressed.

The PoW suggests 'construction' of anything isn't due to start until the 3rd September.

Still on schedule then.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Stuart House":y338mulq said:
Reading the program of works it says preparation and demolition - which has actually started and progressed.

The PoW suggests 'construction' of anything isn't due to start until the 3rd September.

Still on schedule then.

I read that as demolition of the actual parts of the grandstand (everything other than the top tier), where what we’ve seen so far is enabling and site clearance.

Could be wrong though, but these noise about drainage concern don’t seem to be going away. Will be good to get an update and/or reassurances in Jon’s next blog.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
samjones":2g8yhjjh said:
Are Bodgit and Scarper still on holiday or do we have a build contractor signed up yet ?

Sam - If you’re going to troll Luke that, you’ll be treated with the ‘respect’ you deserve.

You’re very near a night off!