Grandstand - main contractor appointed | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand - main contractor appointed

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Quizmike":1lvqyjb4 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":1lvqyjb4 said:
If a main contract for the actual Grandstand refurb is all signed - excellent. Every close season day that passes without the actual main development build happening is a huge waste.

Very very odd that such a milestone is not noted at all on the official site, or any of the local papers.

Why? What is it wasting? The stand won't be ready until August 2019. Are you afraid already that it will overrun?

Do you not think that they should do the other work first before the work on the main stand?

Well yes there are clearly concerns that itā€™ll overrun, not least from Brent himself who has already conceded that itā€™s on a tight schedule. The GTā€™s bar is already months behind the original target. Luckily with that the ramafications arenā€™t huge. But with the Grandstand, itā€™d be a major issue if for example, they are unable to sell season tickets next April, because there was a possibility of it not being finished.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
But Grumpy you and a few others would rejoice then wouldnā€™t you? The NAGS could puff out their chests and say ā€˜we were right all alongā€™

Whatā€™s the worry? Itā€™s not your or anybody elseā€™s concern apart from the club officials and the contractors is it?

Chill out man, 1000ā€™s of us are.

Unless of course you simply enjoy manking on and on about it.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
The Grumpy Loyal":2fep5y3v said:
Quizmike":2fep5y3v said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2fep5y3v said:
If a main contract for the actual Grandstand refurb is all signed - excellent. Every close season day that passes without the actual main development build happening is a huge waste.

Very very odd that such a milestone is not noted at all on the official site, or any of the local papers.

Why? What is it wasting? The stand won't be ready until August 2019. Are you afraid already that it will overrun?

Do you not think that they should do the other work first before the work on the main stand?

Well yes there are clearly concerns that itā€™ll overrun, not least from Brent himself who has already conceded that itā€™s on a tight schedule. The GTā€™s bar is already months behind the original target. Luckily with that the ramafications arenā€™t huge. But with the Grandstand, itā€™d be a major issue if for example, they are unable to sell season tickets next April, because there was a possibility of it not being finished.

IF it did overrun the club could just ask the EFL to play the first few home games as away games, as other clubs have previously done. Season tickets could still be sold.

It appears you want the refurbishment to fail.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Wanting it to fail? As soon as it became apparent Hallett would be financing it, I came round to the idea that it'll actually happen. (As opposed to the farcical plans Brent failed to impliment) So no, if the club are to be saddled with 30 years of debt, then of course any fan would like to see something concrete to show for it. The issue of course is the on-going saga of what the bottom line is - i.e.what exactly will get built for the amount Hallett has lent, and when.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æ
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 15, 2003
The Grumpy Loyal":wwldb5kk said:
Wanting it to fail? As soon as it became apparent Hallett would be financing it, I came round to the idea that it'll actually happen. (As opposed to the farcical plans Brent failed to impliment) So no, if the club are to be saddled with 30 years of debt, then of course any fan would like to see something concrete to show for it. The issue of course is the on-going saga of what the bottom line is - i.e.what exactly will get built for the amount Hallett has lent, and when.

Boring, boring, boring.

Give it a rest ffs!

C

CADMAN

Andy_S":xug40w0y said:
The Grumpy Loyal":xug40w0y said:

Boring, boring, boring.

Give it a rest ffs!
Why give it a rest? This is a discussion board, isn't it. To be honest Andy I have found your posts to be some the most boring on here.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
"I won't be happy until the main contract is signed"

"I won't be happy until the work is underway"

"I won't be happy until the club update us daily on whether its on schedule"

"I won't be happy until the work is done"

"I won't be happy until Phase 2 starts"

One of life's few certainty's, the usual suspects moaning about Argyle on here :yawn:

Aug 5, 2015
I think you missed,

ā€œ I wonā€™t be happy until we get a new chairmanā€
ā€œ I wonā€™t be happy until we get a new managerā€

B

Bonehead

Unbelievable, 4 pages of complete horsehit , just build the stand ffs.

May 16, 2016
The work going on up there at the moment is the preparatory enabling work and until the main contract is signed and all the other Planning obligations are met, no more work will happen. If any does then there will be so much sh8t hitting the fan you wouldn't believe it.

Ive seen a proper email with a blokes name on it and everything, he's the main man in Planning stuff and wants to be informed the second they do anything they dont have permission for. If they do then the project is well and truly delayed or sunk like the car crash of the melting iceberg that it is.

I'm currently hiding up a tree in Central Park, I've got my brothers binoculars, a notebook and the camera I had for Christmas. If I see anything wrong , I'm straight on the blower to Planning HQ I can tell you.
I'm also prepared to do a bit of sticker patrolling if that's of any use.

I'm thinking of raising a go fund me page for stuff like a sleeping bag, a pen and some string. Its a bit chilly at night, i forgot my pens and can't actually make any notes and the pallet i swiped from outside the old far post and dragged up here is a bit wobbly.

It's about time people took this seriously.

PS. Has anyone got a phone charg

We could win the Champions League Final - and that very evening someone would be on here moaning that itā€™s all very well, but when will we get full disclosure about those ice skating rink plans from 2015 - and why was there a dandelion growing out of the brick they purchased in memory of their late Dad - and that that would never had happened had (insert name of their mate here) become chairman. And, most of all, where are the buses ?

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Itā€™s all to easy to criticise and complain these days. A few unfounded taps of a keyboard and some get an easy fix.

Iā€™ve beem guilty of it. Sadly itā€™s the modern world we live in today.

Stuart House

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Thereā€™s been so many false dawns some fans wonā€™t believe it until their sat in it.

And thatā€™s fair enough.

No need for the usual suspects to batter them for having an alternative view or outlook.