Goodbye Freddie (signs for Rotherham) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Goodbye Freddie (signs for Rotherham)

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
demportdave":uupkuvp0 said:
macleanie":uupkuvp0 said:
Very worrying. Soon this squad could be severely lacking in talent.
Do you mean the "talent" that gutlessly surrendered our hard-fought for status as a League 1 club over the last 3 months of the season.

I would suggest that all of the players who have departed in the last couple of weeks had already made the decision to move on well before the end of the season. That is the only logical explanation for our dramatic capitulation and relegation.

When it really mattered, they didn't care and it culminated in the shameful performance at Accrington. In fairness, the only ones I would exclude from criticism are probably Songo'o and Carey.

Argyle fans have been gushing in their praise of some the players who have left which I cannot understand looking at their performances last season, both as individuals and as a team.

Wimbledon were all but dead and buried by mid-season and Rochdale weren't in a much better position, but their players dug in, showed some real fight and "played for the shirt".

If only some of our recently nominated "legends" had shown the same fight and commitment, perhaps we would still be a League 1 side.

If Ladapo wants to go, let him go. Take the money and move on with people who want to be here. I'll share the driving with IJN if it helps gets him away quicker.

I'll second that.

Sep 7, 2006
Get as much as we can for him, but no love lost whatsoever.

We completely lost our identity as a team last season, and he was a big part of that. I know I sound like his love child (except I am not ginger) but Tayls would have been the better bet for us last season. I remember seeing a stat that Ladapo scored practically all of his goals against teams in the bottom half of the table. Yet we kept playing him in every game, home and away. And as a result, we couldn't hold the ball up and relieve the pressure on our - admittedly dismal - defence. We also couldn't use our best assets - Carey and Lameiras - to maximum effect. Taylor can be very effective in Lgs 1 & 2, with talented players around him; I hope Lowe treasures him for the asset that he is.

Final point: if I were Adams, I would feel most let down by Ladapo. Adams basically resuscitated his career, which was headed nowhere. What he got in return was half-hearted effort on the field, and backchat on social media.

Mar 16, 2009
London
demportdave":iwxl2cdw said:
macleanie":iwxl2cdw said:
Do you mean the "talent" that gutlessly surrendered our hard-fought for status as a League 1 club over the last 3 months of the season.

I would suggest that all of the players who have departed in the last couple of weeks had already made the decision to move on well before the end of the season. That is the only logical explanation for our dramatic capitulation and relegation.

When it really mattered, they didn't care and it culminated in the shameful performance at Accrington. In fairness, the only ones I would exclude from criticism are probably Songo'o and Carey.

Freddie was on the bench against Accrington. We were 3-0 down when came on.

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
Freddie scored 5 braces last year...half his goals coming in just 5 games.

After seeing how many chances he should have converted in other games, imagine if he shared those goals out across the season a bit more?

500k if true is decent business to allow RL to get his own team together.

Oct 16, 2016
Raul 1":24l3v5jz said:
Get as much as we can for him, but no love lost whatsoever.

We completely lost our identity as a team last season, and he was a big part of that. I know I sound like his love child (except I am not ginger) but Tayls would have been the better bet for us last season. I remember seeing a stat that Ladapo scored practically all of his goals against teams in the bottom half of the table. Yet we kept playing him in every game, home and away. And as a result, we couldn't hold the ball up and relieve the pressure on our - admittedly dismal - defence. We also couldn't use our best assets - Carey and Lameiras - to maximum effect. Taylor can be very effective in Lgs 1 & 2, with talented players around him; I hope Lowe treasures him for the asset that he is.

Final point: if I were Adams, I would feel most let down by Ladapo. Adams basically resuscitated his career, which was headed nowhere. What he got in return was half-hearted effort on the field, and backchat on social media.

I rate Taylor but he was diabolical last season when given the chances, shocking

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Sadly I don’t see RT being RL’s type of player either

Jan 30, 2016
Let him go -never warmed to him although must admit he scored a couple of brilliant goals. Was not consistent enough.

Mar 14, 2009
So we are getting 500k for a player who has only had one season like he has in the whole of his league career.

Seems a good deal to me considering how poor the Southend fans thought he was.

At times took his chances well. Gave us an extra dimension with his pace. Remember the guy was isolated on his own up front a lot of the time so when talking about his play to being in other teammates into the game, l think it’s harsh.

Taylor is exceptional at hold up play, and we are lucky he could do that job on his own so well.

I’d worry about Ladapo’s attitude though especially at critical stages of the season. With only a couple of games left though we also have to wonder if he did “down tools” which isn’t great for a professional footballer.

For a guy who has had one decent season in his whole football career, l’d snap your hand off for 500k and say thanks Freddie for last season.

May 16, 2016
Take the money.

We've had one reasonable Season out of him, in the grand scheme of things, we're worse off despite his goals, but It also serves as a pointer to the spending patterns that took Pompey and Sunderland to the levels they're at and are remaining at for at least one more Season.

Jul 6, 2005
Justin":2fjks8rn said:
demportdave":2fjks8rn said:
macleanie":2fjks8rn said:

Freddie was on the bench against Accrington. We were 3-0 down when came on.
Read the full post Justin.

I said that the players lacked fight and commitment for 3 months, Accrington was the cumulation of it. In far too many games leading up to that woeful performance, the players almost seemed to accept defeat and showed very little respect for the many fans who followed them up and down the country on a regular basis; hardly the stuff of “legends” I would suggest.

The wheels had come off well before that day in Accrington, but when myself and a few others posted our concerns we were derided by the likes of you because of a few wins in January. Early into the New Year I posted “we are sleep-walking to relegation” and got slaughtered by green tints telling me we are in mid-table and will finish in the top half.

When you have seen Argyle relegated as often as some of us, you recognise certain ominous signs and they were all in evidence for much of last season. Key among them was a lack of heart from too many of the players and the feeling that they could and should be doing much better.