G Cooper | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

G Cooper

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
George Cooper seems like a very talented player and so could really boost the team. I think he is more suited to attack than defence however- wing back is probably not the place to bring out the best in him.
I still think George Cooper should tried out at RM. He can cross with either foot and has a good shot with his left foot if he chose to cut inside. He’s also capable of beating a man and finding a key pass to either a wing back in a wide position or through balls to the strikers. Conor Grant should be our number 1 LWB imo.

Reactions: GreenThing

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
I still think George Cooper should tried out at RM. He can cross with either foot and has a good shot with his left foot if he chose to cut inside. He’s also capable of beating a man and finding a key pass to either a wing back in a wide position or through balls to the strikers. Conor Grant should be our number 1 LWB imo.
Wasn't Exeter away that that experiment was last tried?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I've always thought this - it seems like a no-brainer to me (I always felt that Graham Carey gave his most damaging displays playing on the right side and cutting in to shoot on his left foot). It also seems to me to be a good idea to have (say) a right wing-back who is most comfortable on their right foot (so great for crossing from overlapping positions) and a right 'inside forward' who is most comfortable on their left foot. That way you naturally get both kinds of crosses, the wider player naturally 'envelopes' that side of the pitch and the 'inside forward' is naturally set up to both shoot and to lay the ball wide to the wing-back with their strongest foot.

Reactions: philevs

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I've always thought this - it seems like a no-brainer to me (I always felt that Graham Carey gave his most damaging displays playing on the right side and cutting in to shoot on his left foot). It also seems to me to be a good idea to have (say) a right wing-back who is most comfortable on their right foot (so great for crossing from overlapping positions) and a right 'inside forward' who is most comfortable on their left foot. That way you naturally get both kinds of crosses, the wider player naturally 'envelopes' that side of the pitch and the 'inside forward' is naturally set up to both shoot and to lay the ball wide to the wing-back with their strongest foot.
Totally agree. I’m really surprised that Lowe never tried this when Mayor was fit last season when it was clear we had very little attacking impetus down the right hand side and everything went down the left. I think George Cooper would be perfect fit as a RM in our team and formation.

Reactions: philevs

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It looks like George Cooper has deleted his Twitter account.

Screenshot_20210925-195646_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 27, 2012
The poor bloke has been out for a year. Whatever happened with his knee must have been very serious. I hope it isnt career threatening. As I have said previously in this thread, he can be a great player when fit.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Looking like that transfer fee has turned out to be a massive waste of money.

• Wow
Reactions: leeroy221
Jun 27, 2021
Looking like that transfer fee has turned out to be a massive waste of money.
Maybe, but if so it is unfortunate and part of the risks of football. However I feel he is young enough to get back on track, fingers crossed has the mental strength to get back to it

Aug 5, 2015
Sign of the times. Too many people jumping to conclusions in the real world in response to something in the unreal world of so called social media.