G Cooper | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

G Cooper

McQ

May 10, 2005
Plymouth
Amongst all the deadline day the status of George Cooper has gone a little under the radar. There are anecdotal stories of him being in plaster and yesterday was definitely a game where he would have expected to get game time yet was absent.

Nobody was him expecting him to become a starter again soon but you can't end the journey if you don't start and if the stories are true he could have just landed on a snake taking him back near that start.

That is 3 long injuries and 1 medium in a squad that is already light of experience.
Lowes interview after last night was telling...going for the younger pros performance. He sounded like a man who had a frustrating time and was seeking some solace in the second line players that he has, and hadn't got it.
The learning curve for some of these players is getting steeper...let's hope we can bring them in bit by but still but that is down to fate to a large degree.

Reactions: cheshiregreen

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
2 new signings right there
If both George Cooper and Danny Mayor are fit and raring to go that is the best news ever!! It means Broom can be added to our striker options as he can play a number 10 role if needed.

Reactions: philevs

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I'm not sure anyone is suggesting that Cooper is fit and raring to go... I think it will be a very gentle process of gradually easing him back in. We might see him make a 10 minute sub appearance in a league game if we are a couple of goals ahead. I guess the EFL trophy games are where he is most likely to pick up minutes.

Feb 13, 2021
Lowe said after Coopers cameo that he is way way off it! And that was before he got put in a boot for his foot! So can’t see him being up to much even if he can make the bench for Sheff Wed

Mar 14, 2009
Where do you need probably the highest fitness levels in our team? Wing back.

And yet Lowe thought it was a good idea to play a not fit enough G Cooper at LWB. The guy was gonna struggle because in that system at LWB you have to do a lot of running.

Instead of changing the system to accommodate him when bringing him on, especially when surely knowing his fitness situation, our manger wont adapt and insists on putting square pegs, in round holes.

Jan 27, 2012
George Cooper seems like a very talented player and so could really boost the team. I think he is more suited to attack than defence however- wing back is probably not the place to bring out the best in him.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We’ve got our new LWB in the making.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Where do you need probably the highest fitness levels in our team? Wing back.

And yet Lowe thought it was a good idea to play a not fit enough G Cooper at LWB. The guy was gonna struggle because in that system at LWB you have to do a lot of running.

Instead of changing the system to accommodate him when bringing him on, especially when surely knowing his fitness situation, our manger wont adapt and insists on putting square pegs, in round holes.

Unless I've missed something, I think you've made a massive stretch (assuming the 20 minutes against Swansea was what caused this setback) to bang your drum about the manager's tactics.

Mar 14, 2009
Unless I've missed something, I think you've made a massive stretch (assuming the 20 minutes against Swansea was what caused this setback) to bang your drum about the manager's tactics.
Not really. The fact he didn’t play against Fleetwood said he wasn’t ready.

So if you going to put the guy on the field at least provide him with some cover. In a wing back system you having to cover losts of ground and track runners whether it’s for 10 mins or 80 mins. At least put him in a position where a team mate can provide support. Especially after the injury he has had.

As for banging my drum. There is no agenda. If Lowe turns out to be Argyle’s greatest manager then it’s great. It’s just l see things differently and l prefer substance over words. If he provides more substance lm quite happy to admit l was wrong.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2004
Not really. The fact he didn’t play against Fleetwood said he wasn’t ready.

So if you going to put the guy on the field at least provide him with some cover. In a wing back system you having to cover losts of ground and track runners whether it’s for 10 mins or 80 mins. At least put him in a position where a team mate can provide support. Especially after the injury he has had.

As for banging my drum. There is no agenda. If Lowe turns out to be Argyle’s greatest manager then it’s great. It’s just l see things differently and l prefer substance over words. If he provides more substance lm quite happy to admit l was wrong.
I didn’t realise you were an expert in player recovery. Not only does Lowe know nothing about tactics, his staff know nothing about injuries. We are doomed.

Mar 14, 2009
I didn’t realise you were an expert in player recovery. Not only does Lowe know nothing about tactics, his staff know nothing about injuries. We are doomed.
I’m not. But if you/they think G Cooper is a LWB in the first place we are in trouble. Then to put him in that position after being out for so long out, the mind boggles. LWB you need to cover ground. At least give the guy a chance by playing in a position where his body doesn’t have to do as much running after such a long lay off.

And your right. I’m just a fan but knows sweet f.a.

Reactions: Tugboat

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
GC is most certainly not a LWB.

Neither are Edwards or Grant but they’ve somehow adapted better to the role.