For those who can't be there on Saturday, how will you be following the game? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

For those who can't be there on Saturday, how will you be following the game?

Mat

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
Sep 22, 2003
Sidney, British Columbia,, Canada
My god I definitely do not envy you that moment one little bit.

How are you going to approach it? Pasoti first? LiveScore or BBC? I would probably load up the league table, cover it with my hand and slowly move up from the bottom, one position at a time.

Christ, I'm hyperventilating just thinking about it!
Interesting way of doing it intriguing , it’s 4:30am game for me and I don’t think I can bear it, so may just wake up rip the plaster right off.
I was considering just loading up the scores and scrolling down, Birmingham result will come first so even if they win/draw there’s still a chance as I scroll.

i was unable to follow the Leicester game and just checked the score after, so maybe this tactic will work again.

Reactions: WoodsyGreen
Jul 15, 2011
My 3yo daughters birthday party early in morning leaves the afternoon free to listen or maybe watch Argyle here in Riyadh.
All fingers and toes will be crossed.
COYG

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I will be working alongside P and O ship Iona at Ocean Terminal, Southampton, welcoming passengers to our valet parking service. Fortunately, early in the season when we were briefly ahead of Southampton in the table, I did not crow about it. So I will be surrounded by workmates who generally sympathise with our position and will give me regular updates. I will wear my Argyle baseball cap which is a good ice-breaker with passengers and will ensure I get regular updates from that source too. However, I remain astounded at how many passengers cannot tell their Naval cities apart and I am sure there will be several who congratulate me on our promotion from League One!!!

Apr 30, 2011
I'm away so couldn't go to the game anyway but what has really gripped my turd is seeing people on Facebook desperately trying to off load tickets. A mate of mine has posted asking for one ticket for tomorrow as his Mrs wants to go...

Then in the replies (people I don't know) there are 4 or 5 people happy to off load multiple tickets. Someone even said 'I'm desperate to get rid of these, I'll even sell them at below face value'.

Like I say, it hasn't massively put my nose out of joint as I couldn't make the game anyway. But it does represent a real flaw in our season ticket sales that there can still be so many tickets floating around. You'll always get the odd few tickets where some is now not able to go and obviously it makes sense for them to be sold but when multiple people are offering multiple tickets for our most important game of the season, then surely something somewhere has gone amiss. I still suspect that it is adult season ticket holders buying kid season tickets next to them so they have a bit of extra leg room or they can upgrade the ticket to an adult if one of their mates wants to come. I still see many empty seats in the lower Mayflower on match days. Whilst it must be annoying for those who want to attend regularly but can't afford or access a season ticket (my circumstances mean I can't go all that often but I do have Evergreen so generally get a ticket when I need one) there must be a financial cost to the club having empty seats (even if it has technically been 'bought' for the season for a child).

Reactions: LipsonJock
Aug 14, 2014
Back in1969 I was playing for Penzance F.C. while the Cornwall v Lancashire Rugby County Championship Final was being played at Redruth. A radio commentary was broadcast and a spectator on the touchline had his transistor turned up loud so those around him could hear. Our center-forward spent much of the first half close enough to the touchline so that he could keep in touch with the commentary. As the respective kick off times were a hour or so apart, he had no need to do the same in the second half.

I will check the half time results and decide whether or not to keep in touch; if the outcome looks promising I will keep in touch with BBC Sport on-line or go away and mope if I feel there is no way back.

Apr 6, 2009
I'm away so couldn't go to the game anyway but what has really gripped my turd is seeing people on Facebook desperately trying to off load tickets. A mate of mine has posted asking for one ticket for tomorrow as his Mrs wants to go...

Then in the replies (people I don't know) there are 4 or 5 people happy to off load multiple tickets. Someone even said 'I'm desperate to get rid of these, I'll even sell them at below face value'.

Like I say, it hasn't massively put my nose out of joint as I couldn't make the game anyway. But it does represent a real flaw in our season ticket sales that there can still be so many tickets floating around. You'll always get the odd few tickets where some is now not able to go and obviously it makes sense for them to be sold but when multiple people are offering multiple tickets for our most important game of the season, then surely something somewhere has gone amiss. I still suspect that it is adult season ticket holders buying kid season tickets next to them so they have a bit of extra leg room or they can upgrade the ticket to an adult if one of their mates wants to come. I still see many empty seats in the lower Mayflower on match days. Whilst it must be annoying for those who want to attend regularly but can't afford or access a season ticket (my circumstances mean I can't go all that often but I do have Evergreen so generally get a ticket when I need one) there must be a financial cost to the club having empty seats (even if it has technically been 'bought' for the season for a child).
That's why they brought in the rule for the u8 tickets. either have to be used or put on exchange or you get a yellow card. I think it's 3 yellow cards and you can't renew it next season.
I thought they should bring that rule in for all tickets to maximise availability. if you can't go it almost has to go on the exchange just the same. emergency circumstances meaning you can't means you can get 1 or 2 yellow cards but when I so much as mentioned that on here I was shot down. everyone precious that they've paid for thatseat for the season etc

Reactions: Penmaster

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016

People has been scamming others on Facebook regarding tickets

Mar 8, 2024
Walthamstow
First league game of the cricket season. We start at one. Hoping we field first so I can volunteer to boundary ride and get the commentary, assuming we're not rained off. The dream would be for Norwich to be 3-0 by then, obviously