fletcher out ! | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

fletcher out !

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
Tugboat":171p42ho said:
He's got (and rightly so) a whole season to put down his stance and vision to see where he can take this club. The only thing that will stop him is a realistic threatof relegation after consistant run of poor results come the new year I think. Either that or getting the club near the top of the table and getting pouched by another club that see's his potential.

Januray will be a real show of intent into the direction this club is going. I'd wager a little squad re-shuffle to iron out a stronger team for the second half of the season that should hold us up into the top half of the table. The problem between now and then is not letting the gap further widen between where we are now and mid table
Exactly!

stewthenoo

Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
ejh":2nfabh6r said:
esmer":2nfabh6r said:
Fletcher is the man for the job.

By the sounds of it we had a bad day today (the first for a while), that's football, get over it.

Exactly - You wouldn't want Argyle fans beside you in the trenches would you?

All the calls for 18th isn't good enough, we should be 10th at least - well we're 3 pts off 10th! A further point off the playoffs. We still have over 30 games to go.

That was our first poor performance since AFC Wimbledon 5 games ago. Fletch has got us playing well - good attacking football 4 games in 5 with 3 wins; that's a good formula for the season.

We outplayed Cheltenham by most accounts and were unlucky. So that's 4 games straight of decent attacking football, 2 league wins, a cup victory but with an unlucky loss AWAY at last season's playoff finalists.

But with a below par showing away at another tough team, all fans can see is 0 points from 6, waaah, relegation form, 18th and going down! Get a grip.

We are not going down. We are playing well, playing better. We are dominating games where last season we were clinging on to grind out points. This is a top half team and our points will show it at the end of the season.

Well said and a bit of realism added to the debate. There is no doubt that there is a transformation taking place and that it will take time to achieve that. We are seeing some decent football at times, but we are also experiencing some dire stuff. At the moment we can be thankful that in Jake Cole, we have someone who has prevented a much higher goals against tally. What is required is to build on that and convert slick possession into goals. Many teams in Div 2 are big, bruising sides and we struggle against these due to our lack of height. If we are to follow the "sexy football" approach, like Swindon last season, we are going to have to have regular goalscorers like Charlie Austin or Simon Cox and feed those forwards more often, attacking the penalty area. We are starting to see that (evidence the number of pens for) and will continue to do so as confidence spreads throughout the team (along with a couple of shrewd Jan signings).

We are Argyle and we always believe.

COYG

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Fletcher in. We need stability in order to progress and build confidence. Too many on here want success yesterday or they throw their toys out of the pram, whilst others merely hold their breath and stamp their feet. Patience people, we are on the right track.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
I've been saying fletcher in for ages. Then i get slated for opinions i dont hold and have not expressed. Grinds my gears!

Jul 4, 2008
newton abbot
Patience is a virtue. Personally, I think fletch and co are doing a good job. I would rather see us promoted this season, next season or even the following but done within the club's means. We are not the club we used to be. We have an owner who wants stability and self sustainability. I really don't want to see a side promoted on a massive overdraft! We know as a club what that means! I want to see success like everyone else but let's build a team of players who wear their hearts on their sleeves and want to do it for PAFC! Rather than impulsive spending on players that want to play for their own pockets!

N

newquaygreen

He can't be on mega money so I wonder who else we would get for the same money, a lot worse I expect.
Stick with him for now and it will be okay I am sure :greensmile:

Jul 6, 2011
Womble":39jxamdu said:
Brian i have never made s vicious attack on any player or manager, ever. Quote me or apologise. You are a poor fibby wibby teller sir.

I never boo players, i never slate them online, i dont make personal attacks on the manager, and i am heartily sick of trolls like you implying otherwise. Pleade either quote me or drop your attacks on me.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough, so I guess it's my fault. Guilt by association is where I'm coming from (with jerry...whatever), also you called me a muppet when you don't know me or my history, you now call me a troll, when once again you don't know me or my history. I've been associated with Argyle since the early 70's, been at Home park etc in some horrible weather and survived some horrible performances as well, but also experienced some great days & successful campaigns.
Over the past 40 years as man and boy I've had plenty of reasons to complain and sometimes I have, but I never saw the need for personal attacks on the players and management, not saying that you've done it, but there are plenty on here who do and they know who they are.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Fletch has to be given time!!

After Wimbledon I said give him until Jan, but I now feel unless we are sucked into a deep relegation battle he deserves the whole season. I firmly believe there are more positives than negatives to take from the season so far.

Obviously I havent seen a game yet due to loaction, but having read this website and match reports and heard post match analyses it seems to me that things are looking up. We have a young, ehtusiastic manager AND team. Get behind them, give them the time they need.

COME ON YOU GREENS

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Brian- you still haven,t answered me, yet have chosen to mention me yet again. You complain that Womble called you a muppet and a troll without knowing you or your history yet choose to accuse me of things with nothing to back it up and without checking my history. I have stood on the same terraces for almost 40 years from 1965, in the same weathers and seen the same highs and lows and I neither see the need to make personal attacks on the team or Fletcher and I repeat yet again Brian I HAVE NOT. So please desist from the scurrilous allegations as you are really grinding my gears too as Womble put it. I said to you a long time ago I do not pass comment on team selections, tactics or individual performances as I do not have the opportunity to see the team play other than on rare visits home.

Jul 6, 2005
stewthenoo":19mpjre8 said:
ejh":19mpjre8 said:
esmer":19mpjre8 said:
Fletcher is the man for the job.

By the sounds of it we had a bad day today (the first for a while), that's football, get over it.

Exactly - You wouldn't want Argyle fans beside you in the trenches would you?

All the calls for 18th isn't good enough, we should be 10th at least - well we're 3 pts off 10th! A further point off the playoffs. We still have over 30 games to go.

That was our first poor performance since AFC Wimbledon 5 games ago. Fletch has got us playing well - good attacking football 4 games in 5 with 3 wins; that's a good formula for the season.

We outplayed Cheltenham by most accounts and were unlucky. So that's 4 games straight of decent attacking football, 2 league wins, a cup victory but with an unlucky loss AWAY at last season's playoff finalists.

But with a below par showing away at another tough team, all fans can see is 0 points from 6, waaah, relegation form, 18th and going down! Get a grip.

We are not going down. We are playing well, playing better. We are dominating games where last season we were clinging on to grind out points. This is a top half team and our points will show it at the end of the season.

Well said and a bit of realism added to the debate. There is no doubt that there is a transformation taking place and that it will take time to achieve that. We are seeing some decent football at times, but we are also experiencing some dire stuff. At the moment we can be thankful that in Jake Cole, we have someone who has prevented a much higher goals against tally. What is required is to build on that and convert slick possession into goals. Many teams in Div 2 are big, bruising sides and we struggle against these due to our lack of height. If we are to follow the "sexy football" approach, like Swindon last season, we are going to have to have regular goalscorers like Charlie Austin or Simon Cox and feed those forwards more often, attacking the penalty area. We are starting to see that (evidence the number of pens for) and will continue to do so as confidence spreads throughout the team (along with a couple of shrewd Jan signings).

We are Argyle and we always believe.

COYG

Get the green glasses off and look at the stats, we did not "dominate" Cheltenham or anybody else either apart from bottom of the table Barnet.

Swindon had neither Charlie Austin or Simon Cox last season, they got their goals from a number of players.

They also had plenty of height and strength in their side, particularly the 6'6" Centre-Half who won almost everything in both boxes.

As for the football, most teams will let you pass it around in your own half and up to the half way line, that's no great feat.

It's what you do in the final third and the quality you deliver into the box that counts and we are very poor in this area, as the feeble 1 attempt on goal on Saturday showed.

Even our set plays are poor, with corners and free-kicks just chipped into the box for the goalkeeper to claim easily.

At this level, set plays are an important source of goals

Like it or lump it, history tells you that small, lightweight sides do not succeed in this Division.

And as for those who say, "wait until January", what's changed since August when Brent made his statement about competing for the play-offs?

Players under contract aren't going to go willingly to allow Fletcher to bring in anyone else apart from the odd loan signing.

If January doesn't work, what then, wait until April?

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
briangreen":369ka7o0 said:
Womble":369ka7o0 said:
Brian i have never made s vicious attack on any player or manager, ever. Quote me or apologise. You are a poor fibby wibby teller sir.

I never boo players, i never slate them online, i dont make personal attacks on the manager, and i am heartily sick of trolls like you implying otherwise. Pleade either quote me or drop your attacks on me.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough, so I guess it's my fault. Guilt by association is where I'm coming from (with jerry...whatever), also you called me a muppet when you don't know me or my history, you now call me a troll, when once again you don't know me or my history. I've been associated with Argyle since the early 70's, been at Home park etc in some horrible weather and survived some horrible performances as well, but also experienced some great days & successful campaigns.
Over the past 40 years as man and boy I've had plenty of reasons to complain and sometimes I have, but I never saw the need for personal attacks on the players and management, not saying that you've done it, but there are plenty on here who do and they know who they are.

Guilt by association? Wtf are u on about?!!!!

I am angry because you have trolled me and lied about me. You lie about my opinions, you lie about my posting history and then you lie about having "associates". I couldnt make it up.

I dont care about your history, I just want you to stop spreading disinformation about myself and my opinions, and telling lies about me slating players and managers.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Well Brian, Womble and Jerry many thanks for an entertaining couple of hours, the spirit of Monty Python lives on.

Jun 19, 2006
Somewhere or other
Here we go again,

I admire those of you who are still blindly staying loyal to Fletch, that's your choice but quite simply the tactics, playing style, quality and more importantly results are just embarassing, and I have had enough of it,

I will be there next Saturday, I will not boo the team or the manager, but I fully expect us to lose....again

We can carry on watching carp, or we can do something about it and get someone else in, we are not good enough under Fletcher.

Brent has my full support, he saved our club and I will never, ever turn against him. but he need to realise we are going nowhere, sorry backwards under this manager, we need a change...now!