fletcher out ! | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

fletcher out !

IPA

Aug 26, 2012
The 'real' capital of Devon
Pafcintheplace":385rolsf said:
Fletcher;

“I think they worked their socks off. They really worked hard."

“We’ve worked hard and dug deep in tough conditions. We put a shift in."

P45. Now

Fletcher's post match press conferences have never been exactly inspiring but if he's said that then he's either been swigging something pretty strong or he's deliberately insulting the intelligence of the green army.

Either way he clearly has to go!

Melbourne Mark

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Mar 1, 2006
Melbourne
IPA":2ut1yx1r said:
Today was a total flippin disgrace.

Even with 10 men we should have had enough to have at least held our own against a team from the Conference South but we didn't even test their keeper once.

Hourihane is an over rated buffoon and even though his second yellow was a complete joke from a referee making the most of his tv appearance he could easily have been sent off for the first one which was wreckless.

Either way we should have been too strong for them and we really need to find a new manager because Fletch clearly aint up to the job!

So Lowry's long range shot, on target, just before half time was a figment of my imagination then? :thumbs: :thumbs:

The conversion of the squad and style of play from the dross that was inherited after the M7 is a long-term project. At least we tried to play passing football when in possession.

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
Thankfully, I haven't been able towatch our matches over the last few weeks. The decision re a manager hinges on whether or not he is taking us along the right road, not whether or not we win or lose individual matches.

I don't feel, although from afar, that Fletch is moving us along the right road, worse I am not sure he he is able to. I expect he is on borrowed time now.

P

Paul_Roberts

Peter Ryan":11iq30p6 said:
Thankfully, I haven't been able towatch our matches over the last few weeks. The decision re a manager hinges on whether or not he is taking us along the right road, not whether or not we win or lose individual matches.

I don't feel, although from afar, that Fletch is moving us along the right road, worse I am not sure he he is able to. I expect he is on borrowed time now.

But who is going to make the decision to bring the axe down? We don't have a 'football chairman', whatever that is, to assess the performance of the management team, and determine whether their performance at least matches available resources - which should be the minimum requirement. And even if decisive action is taken, who then manages the recruitment process?

The interminable search for a football chairman has not exactly enhanced my belief that the owner and his directors are capable of making sound footballing decisions for the benefit of the club.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
I'm not in either camp particularly in the go/stay arguement.

I can see what he's trying to do in the way the side play, i just wonder if he's actually dynamic enough to push these idea's through and be pro-active when needed.

My biggest criticism of yesterday, was the fact he just didn't re-act to anything, if you could sit Fletch down 10 minutes prior to the game and say we've got to play for 80 minutes with only ten man, what players and formation would you use - i'm be staggered if he'd have chosen the 10 left on the field after Hourihane's red card.

Now im sure there are a lot of things we dont know PCH's fitness etc, but i cannot believe that as soon as the red card was made, we didn't make at least one substitution to give the side a balance, we've already seen Gurreri is suited to a certain role and not to others and yes it would be harsh on him, but i genuinally believe a hard nosed, firm and authoritive manager would have made personel changes the moment we went down to 10 men. Too often he allows games to drift by, i know he's the best and has 35-40 years experience, but Sir AF at Chelsea in the league game was magnificent, Chelsea were battering Man Utd, Ivanovic got a red card, before he'd even got to the tunnel, Hernadez's tracksuit was off and he was sending out a message to the opposition that we are on the front foot now, that level of authority and positive thinking lifted his whole team.

Its not fair to compare the two of them i know, but as boss you sometimes have to show a level of intention, authority, thought process and personally i cant see any of those from him during the game. He's not a Sam Allardyce figure who is going to scream and shout, if thats not in his make up fair enough, but that makes it more important to show a level of seniority in his decision making, which just doesn't appear to be there.

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
Still behind Fletch. Give him until January - both he and the players know the pressure they are under now.

May 22, 2006
I can sympathise with those who want a new manager, but the same question always comes up - who will replace him?

Looking at the list of unemployed managers is just as depressing as watching yesterday's defeat. There's nothing out there that jumps off the page, and every time we are genuinely looking for a new head coach, it's always the same parade of long-forgotten dinosaurs, has-beens and never-weres.

It speaks volumes that so many people want Fletcher gone, but so few have been able to put names forward. There is a shortage of decent managers in this country.

P

Paul_Roberts

Babararacucudada":20mdy1c7 said:
I don't think Fletcher is in any danger at all of being sacked. James Brent seems to be staunchly loyal, almost to a fault, to "his men" and Fletcher is one of them.

Yes, and furthermore, I remember reading an interview with him some time back in which he stated he would not be the sort of chairman who caved into pressure from supporters to sack a manager.

I think Fletcher is here to stay, unless things get so bad that Brent is left with no choice.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
GTTB Resurgam":1h261q0a said:
Fletcher will be given the Burton & Gillingham home games at the very least.

If we lose both I think he's gone.
Win or draw one of those and the slate is clean for another poor run?

The loyalty to 'his men' should be equal to the people who turn up each week to pay there wages.

Tugboat":3ubnvfpp said:
GTTB Resurgam":3ubnvfpp said:

The loyalty to 'his men' should be equal to the people who turn up each week to pay there wages.

I don't agree with it Tugboat. I would sack him today.

The board seem happy to let him continue aslong as he gets 1 good result every now and again. Followed by an awful run usually.

Oct 10, 2012
GTTB Resurgam":22js3f78 said:
Tugboat":22js3f78 said:
GTTB Resurgam":22js3f78 said:

The board seem happy to let him continue aslong as he gets 1 good result every now and again. Followed by an awful run usually.

Exactly.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
GTTB Resurgam":qa3sym5j said:
Tugboat":qa3sym5j said:
GTTB Resurgam":qa3sym5j said:

That's my point. Babs mentions the fact the Brent will be reluctant to sack fletch due to his morals and loyalty but that loyalty should extend right through into the support that turn up each week. It's a fine balance of making a decision based on purely loyalty. Maybe fianances speak louder than bollocks.

Aug 22, 2006
Totally disagree. Brent isn't a football man so in theory he will see the table and dislike it even more than some of the anti-fletch brigade because he sees it that we've got the 6th biggest budget in the league or something like that. Of course Fletcher is here to stay it's called b-u-i-l-d-i-n-g unless of course it takes too long to see the improvements (so if we're near the bottom at the end of the season he will probably go in the summer.) Again it's simple - he had 3 targets to meet - he's meeting 2 out of the 3 so far but not the third.