Fleetwood v Argyle Match Thread | Page 17 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fleetwood v Argyle Match Thread

Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
Gutted. You can't blame Schuey though. Thats on the players. Get some bottle and hold onto a lead for f*cks sake.
Agreed but you have to admit his appointment is a gamble. Thing is everything the boards done since they came in has been good. So hopefully he will kick some butt on training pitch after the video analysis and we start winning football matches again....I hope he makes me eat humble pie but personally for me the jury's out. Tonight was on the players though I concur. And a poor referee.

Jul 12, 2016
A manager at Plymouth of argyle should have a record of promotions or at least have an idea about winning games of football, we have a Manager who’s never been a manager never won a thing. We’re not a Mickey Mouse club, admit your not ready schuey and resign
Chop Schuey already.Hopefully will have a spring roll!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: damon.green

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Absolutely lost for words- the once confident defensive unit as gone into its shell
Their 2nd & 3rd goal scored from a cross & a corner- if we don't stop the rot we will revert to the charitable goal givers of last season
It is pointless looking at the referee- he didn't give a foul for their 3rd so we have to take it on the chin
All these new coaches - have they upset the balance of the once cohesive unit
Saturday's lost was painfully enough- but this feels 1000% worse

Dec 30, 2020
Ref got call after call wrong for both sides- worst performance I have seen all season.

As for the game, yes we conceded two late goals but overall performance mediocre against a mediocre team and draw probably fair

He just seemed to be making it up as he went along. McGlinchey said in the first half, he was letting nothing go, then in the second it was like he had an allocation of fouls and he'd used them all up. The occasion when Ennis got rugby tackled outside the box and he gave nothing was particularly extraordinary.

I can't agree that the draw was the fair result though.

Away from home on a terrible pitch it is going to be difficult to play the opposition off the park.

We worked hard, got two good goals and then produced the game's moment of real quality with the third.

In the end, we lost the win thanks to really terrible officiating. It wasn't a 50-50 call that went against us, it was a blatant inarguable foul on the keeper that gave Fleetwood an open goal.

If the ref hadn't got it so staggeringly wrong, this site would be all smiles tonight.

Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
A manager at Plymouth of argyle should have a record of promotions or at least have an idea about winning games of football, we have a Manager who’s never been a manager never won a thing. We’re not a Mickey Mouse club, admit your not ready schuey and resign
Erm I questioned whether we appointed the right guy but demanding resignation really? Come on man.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
We might have held on but it wouldn't have hidden the fact that we were second best again, and very fortunate to be 3-1 up.
Ominously, this is beginning to feel like last season now. And don't give me the "but we're 7th" argument. Recently, we have been schooled by Charlton, Wycombe, Wigan, Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday and Lincoln, and been second best against MK Dons and Fleetwood. Since Accrington on 13th November, we have played 10, won 2, drawn 2, and lost 6. 8 points from a possible 30.

Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
We might have held on but it wouldn't have hidden the fact that we were second best again, and very fortunate to be 3-1 up.
Ominously, this is beginning to feel like last season now. And don't give me the "but we're 7th" argument. Recently, we have been schooled by Charlton, Wycombe, Wigan, Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday and Lincoln, and been second best against MK Dons and Fleetwood. Since Accrington on 13th November, we have played 10, won 2, drawn 2, and lost 6. 8 points from a possible 30.

Apr 9, 2011
Cooper suddenly looked out muscled & bullied for their third. Having said that there were enough other defenders to deal with it . 3 points thrown away in the final minutes in the last two matches this is becoming a worrying habit

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I must ask people. How many times have we seen this either this or last season?

Its nit just a Schuey issue. It’s inherited from Lowe too. It’s not like this is a new thing. That suddenly we just are doing this under the new manager.

So whilst he has to take some responsibility, you have to give him time (and his back room team) to now fix it. If this carries on then fair enough. It’s not good enough. But for now this has been going on for some time and we need to wait and see if he can fix it.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
He just seemed to be making it up as he went along. McGlinchey said in the first half, he was letting nothing go, then in the second it was like he had an allocation of fouls and he'd used them all up. The occasion when Ennis got rugby tackled outside the box and he gave nothing was particularly extraordinary.

I can't agree that the draw was the fair result though.

Away from home on a terrible pitch it is going to be difficult to play the opposition off the park.

We worked hard, got two good goals and then produced the game's moment of real quality with the third.

In the end, we lost the win thanks to really terrible officiating. It wasn't a 50-50 call that went against us, it was a blatant inarguable foul on the keeper that gave Fleetwood an open goal.

If the ref hadn't got it so staggeringly wrong, this site would be all smiles tonight.
He was all over the show.
There was one occasion when Edwards was barged over running towards the touchline that I thought was the most blatant foul I've ever seen not given......until the double foul of the goal.

Reactions: Deleted member 9145
Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
That's really poor for a side trying to get a play off spot. 😕
Oh well only Chelsea soon as well.... knowing us we will go there and win. That's typical Argo innit.