Fleetwood v Argyle Match Thread | Page 19 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Fleetwood v Argyle Match Thread

Dec 3, 2005
I knew it, suddenly the players who have been lorded all season are rubbish apparently. So fickle are football supporters. Yes we are going through a sticky time during a long season, EVERY team has them, obviously some teams more then others. It's how quickly a team gets over that sticky period. We have just do our job as supporters and support the team & management team. Hoping the management and players, with our support can turn this around, hopefully quickly. Then we can hopefully be in those play offs at the end of the season.
Yes very disappointing tonight & last Saturday, but we have a game this Saturday and Argyle need us has supporters.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Just watching back the goal, it was an absolutely blatant foul.

As the first header drops, the Fleetwood player dives straight in, leading with his arm high above the head. He missed the ball completely and bundled into Cooper, who then couldn’t get anywhere near the bounce.

Nothing to do with weak defending or goalkeeping from Argyle (at least from the corner onwards) just terrible from the referee.
We can all make up excuses and blame the ref but we shouldn't be putting ourselves in that position with 5 mins to go.
Game management was worse than ref

Reactions: oldage
Sep 2, 2008
People have been banging on about how good our defence is but the reality is now coming through.

I guess the moneyball way isn’t that reliable after all. Our back three are league two players and they will be further exploited by the mighty Doncaster and Crewe.

I’m just glad that we had a good first half to the season because we are going to go into free fall for the second half just like we did at the end of last season.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Claudio Ranieri needs a job.....

Dilly ding dilly dong.

I did choke on my dinner hearing of Schumacher getting the job in the first place. Nice chap but is he ready?
Being kind I would say Obviously still work in progress looking at the results and points which are more like relegation form since he has been in charge

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
Ref got call after call wrong for both sides- worst performance I have seen all season.

As for the game, yes we conceded two late goals but overall performance mediocre against a mediocre team and draw probably fair
Fair doesn't come into it, the fact is we conceded 2 goals in the last 5 mins, when row z should have been the tactic !!
Fumin at our naivety

Dec 30, 2020
I think a big strong taller keeper would have done better. There’s no doubt Cooper is an exceptional shot stopper. His kicking is either brilliant or awful but he sticks to his line when he should come for crosses. This is because he lacks the physique and is bullied. I think this puts extra pressure on the centre backs.

This is an emotional reaction to a distressing result

There is no keeper, indeed there are very few humans, who would be ‘bigger or stronger’ enough to just walk through a fully grown professional athlete taking a running leap into them.

It was a foul, not a goalkeeping error. He would have safely caught the ball or punched it a good distance had he not been fouled.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Once you are in the rinse repeat cycle it becomes a very hard habit to get out of-if we are not careful the exceptional work done in the 1st half of the season is going to go down the tubes
If you take the emotions we are currently feeling out of it- the alarming way in which we are conceding goals is extremely worrying- the fact we have a newly appointed defensive coach makes you wonder what the players are being coached in training
The once strong mentality of the group as totally disappeared- it is whether we have the mental toughness to get the manner of how the last 2 games have ended out of the collectives system

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
8 points from 30 I'm not surprised to be honest.
Is it as many as that ?
We look to be a team in crisis, the decline in form has been catastrophic and heading towards Relegation more so than any chance of playoff's.
I think my prediction of 15th is looking way too optimistic with our run in .
These last few games and ones coming up were games we should have been winning and pulling away from the other contenders to build up at least a 6 pt buffer to account for the tough games to finish.
Revised prediction is now 16th until Saturday at least. Always look on the bright side of life, we are staying up I hope

Sep 6, 2006
Is it as many as that ?
We look to be a team in crisis, the decline in form has been catastrophic and heading towards Relegation more so than any chance of playoff's.
I think my prediction of 15th is looking way too optimistic with our run in .
These last few games and ones coming up were games we should have been winning and pulling away from the other contenders to build up at least a 6 pt buffer to account for the tough games to finish.
Revised prediction is now 16th until Saturday at least. Always look on the bright side of life, we are staying up I hope
You embarrass yourself.

Sep 22, 2021
People have been banging on about how good our defence is but the reality is now coming through.

I guess the moneyball way isn’t that reliable after all. Our back three are league two players and they will be further exploited by the mighty Doncaster and Crewe.

I’m just glad that we had a good first half to the season because we are going to go into free fall for the second half just like we did at the end of last season.
You bloody plonker Rodney/EyeOpener, Nothing like half empty, guess I'll be reading in a couple weeks from you how great we are and we're going up

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester

There is no keeper, indeed there are very few humans, who would be ‘bigger or stronger’ enough to just walk through a fully grown professional athlete taking a running leap into them.

It was a foul, not a goalkeeping error. He would have safely caught the ball or punched it a good distance had he not been fouled.
I have to agree.
I do get the general consensus that Cooper is good shot stopper but doesn't necessarily rule his area with an iron fist. But I can't see how he can be criticised for not being able to simultaneously swat away a 12/13 stone human throwing themselves into him and also catch the ball. And is it just me watching the replay feeling that the scorer puts it in with his arm?

Reactions: briangreen
May 22, 2006
I have to agree.
I do get the general consensus that Cooper is good shot stopper but doesn't necessarily rule his area with an iron fist. But I can't see how he can be criticised for not being able to simultaneously swat away a 12/13 stone human throwing themselves into him and also catch the ball. And is it just me watching the replay feeling that the scorer puts it in with his arm?
The equaliser is a mess but l think their player heads it forward onto one of their players on the line. Therefore he must be offside.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
The sooner we move away from the playoffs the better. There’s no way we are capable.

We’ve had a very good start but the true performance levels are beginning to show and the sheer inconstancy doesn’t bode well.

Reactions: plymade
Aug 11, 2013

I don’t know if you were a fan in the days of Romain but I couldn’t see that happening in a million years with him in that situation.

Reactions: Larry David