Fleetwood v Argyle Match Thread | Page 18 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Fleetwood v Argyle Match Thread

Jul 12, 2016
Agreed but you have to admit his appointment is a gamble. Thing is everything the boards done since they came in has been good. So hopefully he will kick some butt on training pitch after the video analysis and we start winning football matches again....I hope he makes me eat humble pie but personally for me the jury's

Gutted. You can't blame Schuey though. Thats on the players. Get some bottle and hold onto a lead for f*cks sake.
The buck stops with Schuey.No excuses for conceding two goals so late in a game especially after Saturday.

• Haha
Reactions: briangreen
Aug 11, 2013
He just seemed to be making it up as he went along. McGlinchey said in the first half, he was letting nothing go, then in the second it was like he had an allocation of fouls and he'd used them all up. The occasion when Ennis got rugby tackled outside the box and he gave nothing was particularly extraordinary.

I can't agree that the draw was the fair result though.

Away from home on a terrible pitch it is going to be difficult to play the opposition off the park.

We worked hard, got two good goals and then produced the game's moment of real quality with the third.

In the end, we lost the win thanks to really terrible officiating. It wasn't a 50-50 call that went against us, it was a blatant inarguable foul on the keeper that gave Fleetwood an open goal.

If the ref hadn't got it so staggeringly wrong, this site would be all smiles tonight.
I think a big strong taller keeper would have done better. There’s no doubt Cooper is an exceptional shot stopper. His kicking is either brilliant or awful but he sticks to his line when he should come for crosses. This is because he lacks the physique and is bullied. I think this puts extra pressure on the centre backs.

Mar 23, 2019
Agreed but you have to admit his appointment is a gamble. Thing is everything the boards done since they came in has been good. So hopefully he will kick some butt on training pitch after the video analysis and we start winning football matches again....I hope he makes me eat humble pie but personally for me the jury's out. Tonight was on the players though I concur. And a poor referee.
I'd argue every appointment is a gamble. I was surprised at the length of his contract I must admit though.

Listened to a podcast called the value perspective yesterday, they had Simon Hallett on and he talked about appointing Schuey/hiring Lowe. Petty interesting if you fancy listening.

Im conflicted - I think that we're overachieving this season but dropping all these points is hugely frustrating.

It's too early to see whether he'll be a good manager. I really hope he turns out to be as he comes across as a great bloke.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
An awful game, but at 1-3 it should have been game over. You can blame the referee with some justification but the bottom line is that Fleetwood, a very mediocre side, deserved the draw. Defensively, as usual weak on the left side. Only Randell and Scarr stood out for me along with Ennis during his short time on the pitch.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
The blessing is we won’t be embroiled in a relegation battle this season. Thankfully we have enough points in the bank but we are certainly not playing anywhere near the level required to challenge for promotion.
Basically we can’t defend set pieces under pressure. The keeper is too frail to command his six yard box and the centre halves are mentally weak when put under pressure.
Sides coming up against us will now rightfully see us as a soft touch.
I hope Hughes turns out to be a decent defensive coach God knows we need one.

Reactions: Superguy

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Hugely disappointing result. We can’t seem to defend a lead in the last 10 minutes. The number of times we’ve gone to pot this season in the final quarter.

Yes, the 3rd shouldn’t have counted but the ball should have been nowhere near the goal. We have to do better and if this is what a defensive coach brings to the team I think we might want to consider saving that guy’s wages.