Final day: what we need to do | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Final day: what we need to do

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
You have your opinion, and I have mine, GF.

Mine is that we are never going to win against a team like Hull who need a win to try to get into the play-offs and will be dominant in the game.

The slimmest of chances of us winning may be to get a breakaway goal and then sit on our laurels, but it will be very difficult to keep the score at 1-0 for the rest of the game.

If we "go for it" then we are more likely to give more goals away and we could be our own downfall in the event of Birmingham drawing.

Keep the game to 0-0 at half time if we can, and if we go a goal or two down then all hands on deck to prevent the score from getting any worse. Hull will be happy with that score anyway, they could not get anything better than a win, they have no chance of getting a better goal difference, they are way behind, and they will then let the game fizzle out.
.... and yet we battered Norwich at home earleir in the season with 10 of the starting 11 still at the club, still available for selection Saturday.

May 3, 2017
I’m going to the match but part of me says not to go, switch my phone off and try and block out the match. I can then switch my phone back on at 2:30 knowing our fate! It’s going to so nerve wracking but we’ve just got to get through it and accept our fate whatever happens. Why does football do this to us? 😆😩

May 29, 2011
Bristol
I’m going to the match but part of me says not to go, switch my phone off and try and block out the match. I can then switch my phone back on at 2:30 knowing our fate! It’s going to so nerve wracking but we’ve just got to get through it and accept our fate whatever happens. Why does football do this to us? 😆😩
I’m going to watch Soccer Saturday to get immediate updates on what’s happening. Sadly I can’t face watching our match

Reactions: Belfast Green
Jan 6, 2004
I feel I just know Birmingham are going to win and our game will be on knife edge, I dont feel I know which way ours will go though!

Oct 31, 2021
For what it’s worth, Norwich need a win to secure 5th. If Ipswich go up automatically, Leeds will be in the playoffs and I believe Norwich have already lost to them twice this season.

It’s in their hands to play Southampton over 2 legs which would give them a better chance (on paper) of getting to Wembley.

Of course it’s much easier if we beat Hull of course!!

Jul 21, 2011
If West Brom go behind then Hull don't need to trounce us !!!!
As long as Norwich turn up at St Andrews we will be fine

Truro Pilgrim

✅ Evergreen
Apr 17, 2015
We know exactly what we need to do now.

Win and we're safe. Simple as that.

Draw and we're safe IF Birmingham don't win. If Birmingham beat Norwich then we're down.

Lose and we're safe IF Birmingham also lose. If Birmingham draw then we're safe as long as we don't lose by 4+ goals. If Birmingham draw then we're safe.

In other words... COME ON NORWICH!!
Yep, draw is irrelevant

Aug 16, 2021
Cannot see us "going for the win".

It'll take all our time to try to stem the tide coming the other way.

We will need to keep the scoreline down.
The bore draw strategy didn't work at Millwall and for sure it will be extremely high risk on Sat. We have to be positive and go for the win.

Reactions: truejanner