Final day: what we need to do | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Final day: what we need to do

Dec 30, 2020

Oh wow that is not a good omen at all.

The one saving grace is they're not mathematically secured of a play off place yet. If Argyle were in their position, I'd probably still want us to treat it as a must win game, however unlikely the chance of results and an eight goal swing going against us.

I could see them starting with a full strength side but subbing key players off from early in the second half onwards when it becomes clear the play off place is in the bag.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Those of a nervous disposition look away now.

The last time we played a game on May 4th and the only time since 2008 was the game against Scunthorpe in 2019 where although we won we ended up relegated to League Two.

Thanks to GoS.

Butternubs

Jam First
Nov 4, 2021
Plymouth
Is it really that much of a big deal if we go down? Really? I don't think so.

At least I'll have a better chance of getting to see a game at home.

Jun 27, 2019

Of course it is. We're members of a sporting competition where the whole point is to climb as high as you can. If relegation isn't a big deal then we may as well copy the Harlem Globetrotters and just play exhibition matches.

I'll be completely devastated if we go down but if you aren't that bothered either way then all power to you.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i am in favour of going for the win by playing attacking,attractive football as is the remit of the board.i would rather go down fighting than get relegated with a whimper.

Reactions: SurreyJanner

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
We've been given a Premier League referee for the game. Darren Bond.
The linesman and woman are also from the Premier League.
I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

jthep

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Apr 28, 2011
I see Dion Sanderson - Birmingham City captain - has been stripped of his captaincy. Also appearing in court today - April 30th - on a drink driving charge. It all helps - at least I hope so.

If you think we are worried just take take a look at some of the Brum thoughts

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
We've been given a Premier League referee for the game. Darren Bond.
The linesman and woman are also from the Premier League.
I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.
Although one of the officials from the Birmingham FA and went to Uni in Birmingham. Wonder who Sian Massey-Ellis wants to stay up out of the two of us.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016

It is a big deal if we go down

Feb 8, 2005
It is a big deal if we go down
But is it?

We miss out on tv money, but with a decent manager and sales funding incoming, can we not look to the play-offs as a minimum?

With our excellent home form returning, with home crowds sold out again, and with less opposition fans giving us more chance of more home supporters watching the match, surely we can make a good go of it if we go down?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Although one of the officials from the Birmingham FA and went to Uni in Birmingham. Wonder who Sian Massey-Ellis wants to stay up out of the two of us.

She was a lineswoman for our home game against Birmingham and she wasn't very good.
And yeah the Birmingham FA like her ..

Reactions: Argy1e

Butternubs

Jam First
Nov 4, 2021
Plymouth
Of course it is. We're members of a sporting competition where the whole point is to climb as high as you can. If relegation isn't a big deal then we may as well copy the Harlem Globetrotters and just play exhibition matches.

I'll be completely devastated if we go down but if you aren't that bothered either way then all power to you.
Err no. Total strawman argument there.

Also, when is a gift not a gift?

Look at the state of clubs trying to climb as high as they can. Reading were in the Prem not so long ago. How's that coming along?

Better to be solvent and playing at a decent level than bankrupting yourself to attain some mystical status.

We will see more and more clubs in a lot of financial trouble over the next few seasons. The clubs we know about now are just the tip of the iceberg. I don't want that for Argyle. Rather be playing Stockport County each season.