Facade | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Facade

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
:facepalm:

It's all about opinions, my opinion is some people are dimwits. :greensmile:

Feb 17, 2017
Biggs":2tcfspyu said:
Unsightly... :banghead: :crazy:

It’s Art Deco. It was built in 1936. It’s unique, beautiful and iconic. What the hell are you two (Penny and JIC) on about?

I need a lie down :lol:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, ones mans treasure and so on. It’s all opinions no ones right or wrong it’s just an opinion that’s it.
I personally like the facade, I would also like the steps out the back by the barn park end maintained thinking of the people that have walked up them.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
So what would you prefer there then?

emirates-main.jpg

Shudder. :sick:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PennyX":2oalv549 said:
Biggs your on a wind up.It did look good back in the day before the first redevelopment, but times move on

You’ve rendered me speechless.

Have I slipped into an alternate dimension?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I’m a little confused.

What have I said that could be deemed a drunken wind-up?

Jun 5, 2010
Biggs":1nwxavry said:
I’m a little confused.

Your not making sense that's how I came to this conclusion

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PennyX":3i37g6z0 said:
Biggs":3i37g6z0 said:
I’m a little confused.

Your not making sense that's how I came to this conclusion

What??

Jun 5, 2010
A state of the art Wembley stadium,or the old one which was falling to bits.Come on this really sums up the discussion

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
You’re being a dimwit, Penny.

Ian was highlighting an iconic feature of a stadium being bulldozed. Those twin towers were beautifully iconic but couldn’t be retained as they were basically made of MDF and plaster (though I see no reason why they couldn’t replicate them).

Now Wembley is more modern and fit for for the 21st century but looks like an airport terminal. Wouldn’t it have been great if it could be an incredible modern stadium but kept its beloved features and history? (See Berlin’s Olympic stadium for how you do that superbly)

Well, that’s what Argyle are doing. We shouldn’t ever get rid of our heritage unless there’s an unavoidable reason to do so.

Thankfully this isn’t even a discussion as the club, fans and neutrals agree with me and not you.

Jun 5, 2010
Not at all fishing,do you want me to agree with you both? And that will make everything ok? Not everyone agrees with you dimwits lol

Mar 14, 2009
IJN":3phkf4d9 said:
So what would you prefer there then?

emirates-main.jpg

Shudder. :sick:

Yeah but that is all about advertisting, which describes modern football to me.

Slightly going off topic.

I have a supporting Gooner mate. I've been Highbury and the Emirates. If you could encorporate safe standing into the Emirates I think it will help generate a much better atmosphere. It will take out some of the blandness. Infact, if safe standing does come into the english football pyramid I think it will benefit many modern grounds and give them a different perspective.