F1 2024 | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

F1 2024

Jon with no H

🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
I'm glad I had already had a guess in today's Hairgyle quiz #2, I thought number 13 was Nico Hulkenburg for a second.

Sep 13, 2003
Observations from Oz qualifying:
Danny Riccardo needs to retire...get Lawson in that car asap !
George Russell is very good at driving bad cars, reminds me of Giancarlo Fisichella. Something Lewis struggles with as he only had 1 season with McLaren with a bad car (McLaren 2009).
Sainz....wow. Where will he go next year though ? Replacement for Sergio at Red Bull ?
LeClerc..still too many mistakes made at this level.
Melbourne....looks an amazing city and Grand Prix. An actual street circuit which is fun. It's on my Sporting bucket list to visit one day

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Sainz will end up in the Sauber ready for when Audi comes in. Audi have upped their offer and will be buying the team 100% rather than the initial major backer and Carlos is their preferred driver.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
The last time F1 was really exciting was when they re-fuelled during the race as it added another aspect to strategy and planning.

Sep 13, 2003
The last time F1 was really exciting was when they re-fuelled during the race as it added another aspect to strategy and planning.
However you had weird qualifying sessions as they had to qualify with the race fuel load....so you had Trulli/Button etc getting pole positions with only a few laps of fuel on board.

Mexijan1

🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽
✅ Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
Shame they banned cigarette advertising would have added a real edge if all the pit crew had to have a ciggie hanging out their mouth when re-fueling...

• Haha
Reactions: Ted and MickyD

Jon with no H

🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
There were 4 guys still able to win the title going into the final race in 2010, that was pretty exciting.

It's probably counterintuitive, but the cars becoming almost bulletproof nowadays has made for less of a spectacle. 9 retirements across those 4 drivers in 2010 meant things changed so much race to race.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Moving slightly off subject.

What are your most memorable races?

For me Damon Hill in Hungary 1997 stands out as one when he was in the Arrows and nearly won until the last lap.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth

For me Damon Hill in Hungary 1997 stands out as one when he was in the Arrows and nearly won until the last lap.

Japan 94 is the one that stands out for me. Hill having to maintain a 4 second gap over Schumacher to win on aggregate (there had been a red flag earlier in the race), in very challenging conditions, to keep the title race alive.

Shame about what happened at Adelaide a couple of weeks later.

Jon with no H

🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton

1994 in Spain when Michael Schumacher drove a fair chunk of the race stuck in 5th gear.

I wasn't a fan of certain other things he did in his career, but that was absolutely peerless driving.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon

IIR wasn't that the first year ITV took over coverage of F1? Everyone was complaining that the advert breaks would disrupt the coverage which ITV denied ... and then Hill did that pass to take the lead during a commercial break.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
IIR wasn't that the first year ITV took over coverage of F1? Everyone was complaining that the advert breaks would disrupt the coverage which ITV denied ... and then Hill did that pass to take the lead during a commercial break.
ITV were awful. The worst thing that they did was show full delayed coverage of the title decider at Suzuka at around 9am for people who didn’t want to get up at silly o’clock in the morning. The opening titles were ran then cut to Jim Rosenthal who announced “Michael Schumacher has won the world title, we’re going to show you how he did it!”