F1 2024 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

F1 2024

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Bit early to start this, I know, but it would look daft if I created one called F1 2026 ... but the Spanish GP will be moving to Madrid that year. That'll annoy the Catalans.

TBH, I won't miss it as a circuit, but then modern circuits being such I'm not expecting much from Madrid either. Maybe they should stay in Barcelona and resurrect the MontJuic circuit...

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
I've been itching to start this for a week or two so glad its up and running!

Not really sure how I feel about the Madrid news to be honest. Admittedly Barcelona isn't the best of tracks but they've given everyone what they want by removing that chicane at the end and now they've lost the race. The Madrid track looks OK, nothing great though and do we really need another street track??

Still, I guess it can't be worse than the Valencia track!

Destinations over quality of track is starting to become a real issue.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Every year this post turns up earlier and earlier in the F1 thread, it didn't arrive until a week before Easter when I was a lad!
And it was green fields as far as the eye could see.

I've been to three Barcelona GPs, including Max's first win - which seems a lifetime ago now. It's rubbish for overtaking, and it's a real pig to get out to and back from. If you get a train from town you've still got about an hour-long trudge to the circuit from the nearest station, usually in the sweltering heat.

I've also walked around Montjuic a couple of times and I think it would indeed be amazing to stage a GP there again. Bearing in mind the monstrous circus that is modern F1, though, I'm just not sure how they'd fit everything, and everyone, in! It's largely hilly, wooded parkland.

Jeez, that Madrid map looks sh/te, though - it seems to be in some god-awful industrial backwater. Presumably massive redevelopment is planned.

Mat

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
Sep 22, 2003
Sidney, British Columbia,, Canada
So Minardi/Torro Rosso/Alpha Tauri are henceforth called Visa Cash App RB. Had there ever been a worse team name than that?
No, I was just reading the BBC season preview and came over here to say the exact same thing.

Commentators nightmare I expect, they probably won’t mention them now, or just go with “Ricciardo‘s car”.

Maybe VISA RB 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
It's not a great name, and I know people have been whinging about the team selling out to corporate sponsorship/ownership, but it's hardly a new phenomenon in Formula 1: Benetton Formula Ltd, anyone?