F1 2023 | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

F1 2023

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
It's frustrating given how long the Andretti family has been associated with F1, and how much they've given to motorsport more broadly over the decades. It would be so myopic for the sport to pass this up, particularly given how keen it is to host races in the US (two of which are held at dreadful tracks with extortionate ticket prices).
Not forgetting one of those races (Vegas) is actually being held on a Saturday night making it the first Saturday F1 race since 1985 and in the middle of November when its cold during the day, who knows what its like in the late evening.

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Not forgetting one of those races (Vegas) is actually being held on a Saturday night making it the first Saturday F1 race since 1985 and in the middle of November when its cold during the day, who knows what its like in the late evening.

Interestingly there might be a strike by Las Vegas hotel workers for that weekend, which really would make things interesting.

• Haha
Reactions: The Pilgrim

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Max wins the tittle again

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Surprising to read that Leclerc and Hamilton were disqualified post-race after the planks under their car had worn too much. I recall that happening a few times when they were first introduced, but it must be a fair few years since anyone has been caught out post-race scrutineering for the same infringement.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Surprising to read that Leclerc and Hamilton were disqualified post-race after the planks under their car had worn too much. I recall that happening a few times when they were first introduced, but it must be a fair few years since anyone has been caught out post-race scrutineering for the same infringement.
Yeah its a bit of an unusual one!

If the rumours that Perez has to finish 2nd this season to save his job are correct then the FIA might have just saved Perez's job for him, he's gone from 19 points ahead of Lewis to 39 now. First point for Logan Sargeant too.

Lando is now up to 6th and only 24 points off Alonso in 4th, the turnaround of Mclaren this season has been incredible.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
There's probably an obvious example I'm forgetting but I can't remember a turnaround as dramatic as McLaren's in recent history. From being Q1 backmarkers to probably the second quickest car on the grid.

The least said about Aston Martin the better, though...

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
There's probably an obvious example I'm forgetting but I can't remember a turnaround as dramatic as McLaren's in recent history. From being Q1 backmarkers to probably the second quickest car on the grid.

The least said about Aston Martin the better, though...
Jordan in 98 springs to mind.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Good shout, weren't they pointless half way through the season and ended up third in the Constructors'? Still a long way behind the Ferraris and the McLarens in ultimate pace that year though, I guess.
I think the main difference is that McLaren have improved by updating the car little by little and sorting some problems which have stopped the car working, but fundamentally good car was underneath.

On the other hand, the Jordan car was a dog which led to Garry Anderson being sacked and Mike Gascogne being brought in and bringing pretty much a new car with him.

Sep 13, 2003
Jordan had a really great season the next year as well (partially helped by Schumacher missing a large chunk of it). Heinz Harold Frentzen wasn't far off the leading contenders all season.

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat