F1 2023 | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

F1 2023

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
First practice of Las Vegas cancelled after a loose drain cover has destroyed Carlos Sainz's car.
Glad I didn't wake up for that!

So much of this weekend stinks. The opening ceremony, the extortionate ticket prices, the opening segment that lists all the hotels they drive past on the track, the fact 'Las Vegas Strip' is on the track map during the session, I could go on!

Atleast Max was spot on https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/67436111

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat
Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
They've kicked all the fans out for FP2 which will start at 2:30am in Vegas and finish at 4am.

It was $919 for a ticket to watch practice today, fans that paid that have seen 9 minutes of action.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Still one up on the Ceasar's Palace car-park GP of 1981, but this reminds me - again - why I hate street circuits as race-tracks. If the Americans want a GP, just make them run them on a decent track like Watkins Glen or Leguna Seca (the Corkscrew would be fun!)

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Still one up on the Ceasar's Palace car-park GP of 1981, but this reminds me - again - why I hate street circuits as race-tracks. If the Americans want a GP, just make them run them on a decent track like Watkins Glen or Leguna Seca (the Corkscrew would be fun!)
The track really isn't that exciting is it? Lots of people online saying that it looks like spiderpig from The Simpsons movie.

USA can do a good race, Austin is a great track, lets have more of them!

Reactions: Quinny

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth

Road America too, that's a brilliant track. And it's in the City of Plymouth, Wisconsin!

I spent many happy hours pounding around Watkins Glen in a Lotus 49 in my Grand Prix Legends videogame days (I was an adolescent of culture) - good times.

Nov 18, 2011
It doesn't help when the streets in the USA usually only have 90 degree turns!
I recall a particularly awful US street circuit in Detroit.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Road America too, that's a brilliant track. And it's in the City of Plymouth, Wisconsin!

I spent many happy hours pounding around Watkins Glen in a Lotus 49 in my Grand Prix Legends videogame days (I was an adolescent of culture) - good times.
I compete in a GranTourismo league, complete with racing cockpit and VR headset. Watkins Glen is one of the best circuits to race. 👍

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
How the hell can Sainz get penalised for an engine change when it was ruined by a drain cover?!

I lost interest in F1 when the 2021 championship got fudged in Verstappen’s favour, but I saw this on the BBC website - ridiculous!

Reactions: Andy S
Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
How the hell can Sainz get penalised for an engine change when it was ruined by a drain cover?!

I lost interest in F1 when the 2021 championship got fudged in Verstappen’s favour, but I saw this on the BBC website - ridiculous!
Same here. I've been watching F1 for over half a century, and I even witnessed Verstappen's first ever victory live in Barcelona; but my interest and enthusiasm plummeted on that fateful day when he was handed the title. I now think he'll probably go on to break most or all of Hamilton's records, which everyone thought were unbeatable, just as Schumacher's had seemed before him.

I used to watch a fair bit of build-up and after-race stuff but no more. I still 'watch' qualifying and the race itself but with half my mind on other things like the newspaper or whatever, and I change the channel almost the minute the race is over. Indeed, for a number of years I was the one who started the F1 20XX thread on here but I just couldn't be arsed this year.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
My wife took me to the British Grand Prix in 2019 and we had a brilliant weekend. I would have been happy to go again, but not now. Such a shame because I used to love it.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Hamilton taught a lesson by his teammate again today I see.

It's called pressing the accelerator.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Hamilton taught a lesson by his teammate again today I see.

It's called pressing the accelerator.

What's the deal with you and Hamilton? Did he steal your pasty once or something? He's had an excellent season - 59 points ahead of Russell in the final standings and six podiums to Russell's two. He finished third in the Championship, despite hardly ever having the second-fastest car.