Expectations at Barnet? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Expectations at Barnet?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Plympton Pong":251633v6 said:
Lundan Cabbie":251633v6 said:
Barnet need a kick start themselves and I am sure they will be looking at this game to get one.

Everyone is keen to write off Barnet but I hope they survive in this league. They have invested more into their youth academy than any other club at this level. It would be such a shame that when the talent gets to the first team that they are in the Conference rather than the Football League.

For those who are unaware, Barnet are the only League Two club to be awarded category 2 status under the EPPP for their youth set-up. They are side by side with Premier League clubs QPR and Swansea.

I wish they would open up more than one turnstile whenever Argyle are in town though! :banghead:

Sounds pretty familiar to the away end at HP. When we were last down here they had "pay on the day" but at the same turnstile as ticket holders. This meant that only 3 or 4 fans were getting through each minute. Cash at the turnstiles should be banned everywhere in my opinion.

Argyle are just as bad as everywhere else. No doubt it is the same at our own away end.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Lundan Cabbie":2p0c2hic said:
Barnet need a kick start themselves and I am sure they will be looking at this game to get one.

Everyone is keen to write off Barnet but I hope they survive in this league. They have invested more into their youth academy than any other club at this level. It would be such a shame that when the talent gets to the first team that they are in the Conference rather than the Football League.

For those who are unaware, Barnet are the only League Two club to be awarded category 2 status under the EPPP for their youth set-up. They are side by side with Premier League clubs QPR and Swansea.

With Cockney Orient oft shouting grand delusions, Barnet are north london's sympathy/second team by frequent choice, so that youth potential is no surprise.

Forget the business-end-of-season-come-spring nonsense, this match matters. 0-0 then.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
horshamgreens":j3xfedrv said:
My first game for ages at a place with a lot of memories - and I can't see beyond a 2-0 win for us, preceded of course by a number of fine pre-match beers and ciders at "The Bree Louise". :stout:

Mike

:greensmile: Its a long walk from Euston to Underhill, or should I say stagger?

E

Every Saturday

I have no expectations any more ...

Great memories of previous trips to Barnet though, when Holloway was manager, and when Warnock was in charge (when it poured with rain)

Subject of which, does anybody know what Warnock was doing at Argyle on Tuesday?

T

Tim Chown

horshamgreens":3qqs6cr9 said:
My first game for ages at a place with a lot of memories - and I can't see beyond a 2-0 win for us, preceded of course by a number of fine pre-match beers and ciders at "The Bree Louise". :stout:

Now THAT is a excellent pub!

Though I hear it's in danger of being demolished with that whole block in the name of progress...

tim

Aug 13, 2011
I can never expect us to win in the league because it is such a rarity. However, it sounds ominous if they have Collins up there and we are badly injured out again. I do think the phrase 'one player doesn't make a team but he can make one hell of a difference' was it Don Revie? That's true; the only really impressive away league performance was when Ross Jenkins played at Morecambe. If he plays we have a chance of some forward momentum again. If he doesn't Hourihane has too much on his plate. We really need that midfielder pulling the strings and making the whole process tick. No Jenkins I say Barnet 2-0.

Aug 13, 2011
Every Saturday":3lsddqwv said:

Great memories of previous trips to Barnet though, when Holloway was manager, and when Warnock was in charge (when it poured with rain)

Subject of which, does anybody know what Warnock was doing at Argyle on Tuesday?

He loves the area more than Leeds. Who wouldn't! But i doubt he'd leave them for us at this stage of his managerial career, maybe later as a chill out. Ha!! but maybe, just maybe he would consider it were the job vacant because he is in love with this part of the world....room for speculation maybe.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Every Saturday":3vx9ba3m said:

Emotionally attached to both Aldershot and us and is staying down in Cornwall for the week.

B

bandwagon

horshamgreens":1xowfdul said:

Mike

Must admit, sounds like heaven - I take it it's close to Kings Cross for the train to New Barnet?

http://www.thebreelouise.com

A

aishburton green

I noticed within this thread that some have out mcdonald in their predicted team. Have we resigned him ?? Or is it just wishful thinking??.

I think there could be a few goals Maybe 2-2,or 3 2. Impossible to predict really, but praying for a win COYG

bandwagon":2xqt45ps said:
horshamgreens":2xqt45ps said:

Mike

Must admit, sounds like heaven - I take it it's close to Kings Cross for the train to New Barnet?

http://www.thebreelouise.com

That's the plan, pies too. Then a 10 minute stagger to KX to catch the 1341 or 1411 to New Barnet (20 mins). Might even have time for a swift half at "The Builders Arms" by the station, then a 20 minute walk or 7 minute bus ride (326 or 107) to the ground, where we pick up our tickets at the "Box Office". Feel free to jump on the bandwagon, Bandwagon !

Mike