Expectations at Barnet? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Expectations at Barnet?

Jan 12, 2009
Looking at recent Barnet match reports they seem to be improving and giving good teams a game but cant seem to get the win. Is this a game we really should be winning? Or is it just important that we don't lose and give 3 points away to lets face it a probable relegation contender?

They have just received international clearance for Collins John to play against us, a player who should be the best striker in the league at this level, lets hope our centre halves are on their game!

I think we will draw 1-1

Mar 7, 2009
We've got to expect a win.

Barnet are bottom of the league and we are insistent on losing our home games, we simply have to win our away games.

Mar 12, 2008
Leeds
I must say I'm a bit concerned at Collins John making his debut for them this weekend. Much worse strikers than him have tormented our defence this season.

M

Marcus The Green

PAFCJames86":28wczqb6 said:
Looking at recent Barnet match reports they seem to be improving and giving good teams a game but cant seem to get the win. Is this a game we really should be winning? Or is it just important that we don't lose and give 3 points away to lets face it a probable relegation contender?

They have just received international clearance for Collins John to play against us, a player who should be the best striker in the league at this level, lets hope our centre halves are on their game!

I think we will draw 1-1

You could say that about the Wycombe & AFC Wimbledon games. We have played well & drew or lost, take nothing for granted.

Collins John is a dangerous name on paper. I reality we don't know if he still has the same quality he had when he was at Fulham. He's had 5 clubs in 4 years, scoring 14 goals in 44 games, 8 of them coming in 1 season with Chicago Fire. His last 2 clubs were in Azerbaijan & Iran and he barely played for them.

If we play like we did on Tuesday, we have a great chance of getting all 3 points.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
I suspect a rookie defence and Barnet to win at a stroll.

Apr 15, 2008
London
I think we'll get something from this, a point or three... we seem to be better on the road at the moment. Would like to see some of the youngsters from last night in the side too.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Mark Pedlar":1xjwfq57 said:
I suspect a rookie defence and Barnet to win at a stroll.
Another post only looking at it from our point of view. Win at stroll? They've got 3 points out of 11 games. However negative we are, they're bound to be twice as negative.

Nothing less than a win is good enough: 1-0 to us imo.

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
Would love a win.

However I expect a loss. That's not that I want a loss, I just think Fletch will play the wooden immoveable object that is Chadwick up front and ignore the bright performances last night from some of the youngsters. Sometimes Fletch, you have to shake it up. That happened last night because it had to, not because you wanted it to I suspect.

M

Marcus The Green

Cerbera":bi626hd3 said:
Would love a win.

However I expect a loss. That's not that I want a loss, I just think Fletch will play the wooden immoveable object that is Chadwick up front and ignore the bright performances last night from some of the youngsters. Sometimes Fletch, you have to shake it up. That happened last night because it had to, not because you wanted it to I suspect.

Chadwick is about 4th choice upfront, even for Fletcher. PCH, Griffiths & Madjo (if the loan is confirmed) are all ahead of him.

Dec 7, 2006
This is Argyle and we don't normally do 'must win' games very well. Plus the fact that teams on abysmal runs always seem to end them against us. For those reasons alone, I can't see any further than a dreary, soul-destroying defeat. 2-1 :sad:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
With a fair few travelling from Plymouth coupled with the London support I think it'll spur our lads on to a 2-0 win.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Well i'm yet to see us lose away from home this season (one game).. so i'm hoping to extend that run to two games.

Draw, probably.