Exciting Times | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Exciting Times

May 8, 2011
Balham_Green":39pgtzkc said:
HC Green":39pgtzkc said:
GreenGoblin":39pgtzkc said:
This is the first pre-season in I dont know how long that we are spending a bit of cash and not gambling on decent players that have had bad injuries or players with character issues.

How much have we spent so far?

It is a great time to be a member of the Green Army! Yes we were cowed after last season but something is happening at Home Park....Maybe the Green Giant that Ken Brown mentioned all those many years ago is waking up???

Except we signed Aimson who is still suffering from an injury from last season.
We just signed McFadzean who has been in a spot of bother with the law in the past.
On Saturday we had 6 players sit out with knocks and today Mayor is walking round with his ankle strapped up.
There doesn’t seem much difference from previous close seasons apart from the lack of criticism or comment.

Such a contrast to all your pro Adams posts isnt it? You couldnt have been more wrong! You must get over him now..

Perhaps you can tell me which part of my post was factually incorrect?

Sep 6, 2006
[*]
edmonds200":1uscc76n said:
Yes a play off, promotion, 7th in league 1, carey, lameiras, sonny, foxy, matty kennedy, Jake, Oscar - they were terrible times!!!!

And back exactly where he started. Guess you didnt get to see many away games and are easily excited if you still are piping on about losing to the Wombles in a play off final.

Sep 6, 2006
HC Green":1ta69avy said:
Balham_Green":1ta69avy said:
HC Green":1ta69avy said:
GreenGoblin":1ta69avy said:
This is the first pre-season in I dont know how long that we are spending a bit of cash and not gambling on decent players that have had bad injuries or players with character issues.

It is a great time to be a member of the Green Army! Yes we were cowed after last season but something is happening at Home Park....Maybe the Green Giant that Ken Brown mentioned all those many years ago is waking up???

We just signed McFadzean who has been in a spot of bother with the law in the past.
On Saturday we had 6 players sit out with knocks and today Mayor is walking round with his ankle strapped up.
There doesn’t seem much difference from previous close seasons apart from the lack of criticism or comment.

Such a contrast to all your pro Adams posts isnt it? You couldnt have been more wrong! You must get over him now..

And which part of my post is?

Sep 6, 2006
HC Green":qxh7x7ga said:
Balham_Green":qxh7x7ga said:
HC Green":qxh7x7ga said:
GreenGoblin":qxh7x7ga said:

And which part of my post is? I see loads of clubs queueing up to employ relegation king Adams :lol:

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
Balham_Green":13yhugpf said:
[*]
edmonds200":13yhugpf said:
Yes a play off, promotion, 7th in league 1, carey, lameiras, sonny, foxy, matty kennedy, Jake, Oscar - they were terrible times!!!!

And back exactly where he started. Guess you didnt get to see many away games and are easily excited if you still are piping on about losing to the Wombles in a play off final.

Yeah I saw the 2 away games against Pompey in first season, Exeter away (reubens debut) Accie away 1-0 win , Liverpool away, Wimbledon away (DAs first game), Luton away 2-1 win Brunt last min - Great times all of them.

Sep 6, 2006
edmonds200":1xyuzv45 said:
Balham_Green":1xyuzv45 said:
[*]
edmonds200":1xyuzv45 said:

Yeah I saw the 2 away games against Pompey in first season, Exeter away (reubens debut) Accie away 1-0 win , Liverpool away, Wimbledon away (DAs first game), Luton away 2-1 win Brunt last min - Great times all of them.

So you saw 7 away games in 4 years? Hardly representative is it?

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
Balham_Green":bgch2bkn said:
edmonds200":bgch2bkn said:
Balham_Green":bgch2bkn said:
[*]
edmonds200":bgch2bkn said:

So you saw 7 away games in 4 years? Hardly representative is it?

I saw a lot more than that - you are deluded if you think RL will do anywhere near as well as DA. Take away last 7-8 games where troublemakers made life hard we were on the right track.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Awwww diddums. Lord V Neck's flock are lost without his constant prophecies that we are living the dream with his teams hacking it off the line.

For 'great times' read 4 years of a massive waste of time

You know if we're not getting promoted next season my abiding hope is that the Argyle Down-Talker takes charge of a club in league 1, we get them in the cup and give them a good drubbing

May 8, 2011
Balham_Green":1g80z7gg said:
HC Green":1g80z7gg said:
Balham_Green":1g80z7gg said:
HC Green":1g80z7gg said:
GreenGoblin":1g80z7gg said:

And which part of my post is? I see loads of clubs queueing up to employ relegation king Adams :lol:

He has had some Clubs contact him but has said no thank you as he isn’t looking for work at the moment. He expects to start looking seriously later in the autumn when the sackings start again.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
HC Green":orwds7v7 said:
GreenGoblin":orwds7v7 said:

I assume Ryan Lowe hasn’t bought you a coffee yet then!

Everyone in hindsight claims to have been DA’s biggest critic last year so I shan’t bother. Needless to add really that I went to one game (care to guess which one) last season, mostly because of work, a fair degree because I couldn’t rock up to a seat near my mates but a sizeable portion because I disliked what I was hearing about our style of play and DA’s unrelatable match day comments.

Gutted as I was that we were relegated, I surprised myself in thinking that DA would be the best bet to get us back up to league one quickly so I was a little disappointed when he was let go. Fast forward to now and I believe that not only will RL get us another promotion but that he’ll do it in a fashion to encourage more people along to watch. I also believe that once promoted to league one he will have enough about him to not waste the momentum when we get there, unlike others.

What actually has changed is the level to which RL has been backed financially which has helped immeasurably but even so, I still think we’re further on in our prep for next season already and knowing we’ve a game against a higher level of opponent when we go to Spain is enough for me to consider waiting a little longer to critisise as I did last season until we rocked up to our first game and......

Jan 27, 2012
The big difference this season is that Hallett has financially invested into the club, on a scale which his predessor wasn't able or willing to do. If the reports of a £10m injection are correct (including the grandstand refurbishment etc) it must easily be the biggest investment in the club's history. Good on Simon Hallett.

However, the club are in League Two and I'm not very excited at that prospect. In that regard its one of the lowest and worst points in Argyle's long history. Anything but promotion would be a failure so Lowe is under pressure from the offset. I doubt if he was under that level of expectation last season, so now the true test of his management ability begins.

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
Hopefully we will get promotion this year but as long as we are playing entertaining football and at least challenging then I don't think it would be a failure not to go up. The development of the Grandstand wont kick in really till next season so the budget should increase even more then. Plus RL well be able to move some players on who he inherited and some of our young professionals well be older and more experienced.

It took DA two seasons to get out of this league so I cant see why RL need to do it in one. Let's get behind the new manager and hopefully enjoy the ride.

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
Keyham Pilgrim":17e1mehi said:
Hopefully we will get promotion this year but as long as we are playing entertaining football and at least challenging then I don't think it would be a failure not to go up. The development of the Grandstand wont kick in really till next season so the budget should increase even more then. Plus RL well be able to move some players on who he inherited and some of our young professionals well be older and more experienced.

It took DA two seasons to get out of this league so I cant see why RL need to do it in one. Let's get behind the new manager and hopefully enjoy the ride.

DA had half the budget - anything other than promotion will be failure

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
edmonds200":3d18j8sb said:
Keyham Pilgrim":3d18j8sb said:

DA had half the budget - anything other than promotion will be failure

Here's Edmondson again with his unsubstantiated bs about budgets.
RL's budget is actually 1 tenth of Adams'. See, other people can just say stuff too.

Lord V Neck may be gone but his starry eyed groupies remain, weirdly continuing to consider him some sort of football genius for only conceding 5 against Accrington.
Although I suppose Edmund will be along to tell us Accrington had gazillion times Adams' budget last season, he knows cos he's like soooo in the know

As for someone saying Lameiras was an example of how great times were under Adams and how amazing Dez was.what a f-ing laugh that is. Lameiras is one of the best examples of Adams' bone-headedness. If he'd bothered to play him for more than 50% of the season we'd have stayed up. But then Adams was always poo scared of playing more than one creative player in the same line up