EFL Carabao Cup Round 2 draw (away to Millwall Wed 29 Aug) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

EFL Carabao Cup Round 2 draw (away to Millwall Wed 29 Aug)

Sep 6, 2006
Martyn":1m97c3x9 said:
Brussels Bureaucrat":1m97c3x9 said:
Cobi's right. Millwall do amazing work in the community and are a very different entity to what they used to be. Of course they still have their fair share of pillocks and of course there are nicer areas of London, but it isn't 1986 any more.

Of course the ‘club’, do amazing work in the commodity, and should be applauded for it, some good work has gone on.
There is a big difference to what the club does, and what the so called fans do
But, if you think their hard core of vile people have gone away, you are badly mistaken.

Look at the recents incidents of a cup tie at Luton, and the way there ‘fans’, broke up seats at the play off final at Wembley, plus the numerous common racist chanting at black players at the New Den.

I could go on,

Every club has thugs as do we. They certainly wont be interested in even attending a game v small fry like us let alone care about the result. It will be as safe as walking through Swilly!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Agree with Martyn.

I also think their fans revel in their notoriety.

Ask most level headed fans who they think of as hooligans clubs I’d wager most would include Millwall, Leeds and Cardiff in their top five.

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
Lancastergreen":2lb2im3r said:
Cobi, you just don't have a clue. You've done some school work and now you're an expert lol. Dear boy, pike your father, get your head out of your arse

Cobi's knowledge of football and Argyle is exceptional. He is also articulate and balanced with his views.

Give the lad a break.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
IJN":1olcm4gf said:
Agree with Martyn.

I also think their fans revel in their notoriety.

Ask most level headed fans who they think of as hooligans clubs I’d wager most would include Millwall, Leeds and Cardiff in their top five.

I would think 1960's old Den Dockers would consider the present Millwall fans a load of pussy cats.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I wouldn’t argue with that!! They were VERY scary but this new lot seem to like to live ‘up’ to the reputation the club has.

The minibus of 50+ year olds that turned up by the GT tent a few years ago, were living proof of that.

When an innocent Argyle fan asked if they were looking for the Fansfest, I heard the phrase ‘Burn the ****ards out’ and ‘We’re Millwall we don’t do that sort of thing’. All of them were fatter and balder than me, but they had the collective IQ of the Argyle cat that looked on.

Maybe not a horrible club, but they have a horrible nucleus of 500/600 REAL scumbags that love to cause trouble.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
the_corkscrew":2xv3uirr said:
Very winnable. 3rd round could be a massive tie. Financially this is a very important game.

I wouldn’t say very winnable but certainly we have a chance I say a 35-40% chance and we should take this seriously .. if we got through we could get a seriously big game in the 3rd round that could really help finance a promotion push this season or next..

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
I do think there will be a lot of trouble when we eventually play them on a Saturday sometime. Looking at the draw, I’d expect some aggro at WBA v Mansfield but that’s about it.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I’ve just checked Millwall team selection for th 3 games they’ve played this season.. interestingly they kept the same XI for their two championship matches then changed 10 players for their league cup match they drew 0-0 at home to Gillingham.

It could be that we might have more of a chance than we think if they continue to play their reserves against us..

Sep 6, 2006
JannerinCardiff":2qz7327u said:
the_corkscrew":2qz7327u said:
Very winnable. 3rd round could be a massive tie. Financially this is a very important game.

I wouldn’t say very winnable but certainly we have a chance I say a 35-40% chance and we should take this seriously .. if we got through we could get a seriously big game in the 3rd round that could really help finance a promotion push this season or next..

Discussed elsewhere but you are a bit deluded if you think hordes of people are likely to turn up for a money spinning tie in this competition!

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Why not?

I’d love to see Argyle play against top 4 or 5 prem opposition..

Sep 13, 2003
Now confirmed on the official site that the game is on Weds 29th, kick off 7.45pm. Adult tickets only a tenner.

Dec 29, 2011
11 visits to Old Den and New Den(0 victories)I remember a 1.1 draw in early 80's when Millwall were so bad and Argyle still let them equalise in injury time .If memory serves me right Saxton kept Argylee dressing room after that for an hour.Also a2.0 defeat when Millwall got promoted and the coppers advising us to leave 10 minutes early if we valued our lives
The New Den however does not have the same fear factor as the Old Den

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Millwall will probably play their reserve team, so it could give us a better chance. Gillingham managed a draw against them in what was a game of few chances apparently.

I’m hopeful.

Sep 6, 2006
JannerinCardiff":squ0bxl7 said:
Why not?

And how many Prem league fans would turn out for such a momentous event do you think?

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
Balham_Green":2cmhecoc said:
JannerinCardiff":2cmhecoc said:
Why not?

And how many Prem league fans would turn out for such a momentous event do you think?

Some die hard fans - but a lot of tourists happy to be able to get a ticket and take selfies throughout the match - given our experience away at Liverpool