EFL Carabao Cup Round 2 draw (away to Millwall Wed 29 Aug) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

EFL Carabao Cup Round 2 draw (away to Millwall Wed 29 Aug)

Sep 6, 2006
PutneyPete":a5vhgrwj said:
Balham_Green":a5vhgrwj said:
JannerinCardiff":a5vhgrwj said:
Why not?

I’d love to see Argyle play against top 4 or 5 prem opposition..

And how many Prem league fans would turn out for such a momentous event do you think?

Some die hard fans - but a lot of tourists happy to be able to get a ticket and take selfies throughout the match - given our experience away at Liverpool

That was FA cup and weekend

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Lundan Cabbie":3v6pewcp said:
Pogleswoody":3v6pewcp said:
Lundan Cabbie":3v6pewcp said:
Pogleswoody":3v6pewcp said:
Regionalised draw and Brighton get Southampton?? WTF??!!

and Swansea get Palace?? Double WTF!!??

Who should be in the northern section then?

@@ :think:

I mean Prem plays Prem Lundy
Do keep up there's a good cabbie!

Swansea aren't a Prem team...... keep up ;)

Pedantic get!! :lol:

Well you know what I mean. We'd choose Palace, Brighton, Southampton and Swansea (despite their lowly status), can't imagine who would choose Millwall .... away!! :doh:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I know it was many moons ago but I recall Home Park being a sell out when we played Arsenal in the league cup (and lost 1-6)..

if we had one of the top 4 prem teams it would be a money spinner for sure.

Jul 18, 2011
I’m not so sure people would turn up in numbers to see us play Arsenal reserves. Teams took the league cup seriously then (look at the Arsenal line up for that game) and until the semis they don’t do that now.

Sep 6, 2006
JannerinCardiff":1315v82t said:
I know it was many moons ago but I recall Home Park being a sell out when we played Arsenal in the league cup (and lost 1-6)..

if we had one of the top 4 prem teams it would be a money spinner for sure.

If HP sold out we would get 12000 this season!

Sep 14, 2015
I believe that Millwall have the tickets on general sale already. Only one stand open has been mentioned but not sure if this is applicable to away fans.
With the game being a week Wednesday, has anyone heard when they go on sale down here?

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Martyn":3qi985n7 said:
Absolutely no way, I am going to go to Millwall

Just think, leaving that area on a Tuesday night about 10.00 pm, and we have won.

Remember in the sixties, when Argyle won, and we were asked a question by blokes driving up and down in the old Kent road, and when we replied in our West Country ascents, we were smashed in the mouth, they are even worse now.

Absolute rubbish. I've been to Millwall with Argyle a few times in the last 25 years and never had a problem there.

Sep 13, 2003
landons forehead":214wyax0 said:
Martyn":214wyax0 said:

Just think, leaving that area on a Tuesday night about 10.00 pm, and we have won.

Remember in the sixties, when Argyle won, and we were asked a question by blokes driving up and down in the old Kent road, and when we replied in our West Country ascents, we were smashed in the mouth, they are even worse now.

Absolute rubbish. I've been to Millwall with Argyle a few times in the last 25 years and never had a problem there.

More chance of being smashed in the mouth on the Barbican than OKR these days.

Sep 25, 2010
landons forehead":iaivpqf2 said:
Martyn":iaivpqf2 said:

Excuse me, how you can that is rubbish, I was there, it HAPPENED, my dad was also beaten up.

How dare you say this is rubbish.

Sep 6, 2006
Martyn":13u5wba0 said:
landons forehead":13u5wba0 said:
Martyn":13u5wba0 said:

Excuse me, how you can that is rubbish, I was there, it HAPPENED, my dad was also beaten up.

It's rubbish because you are talking nonsense. That was 50 years ago man.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Balham_Green":2ae9ur7o said:
Martyn":2ae9ur7o said:
landons forehead":2ae9ur7o said:
Martyn":2ae9ur7o said:

Because BG and lf say it's rubbish! How DARE you have a bad experience at Millwall without asking BG's or lf's permission first!

Just who do you think you are Martyn?

:roll:

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Andy_S":3ad4sseh said:
Balham_Green":3ad4sseh said:
Martyn":3ad4sseh said:
landons forehead":3ad4sseh said:
Martyn":3ad4sseh said:

Because BG and lf say it's rubbish! How DARE you have a bad experience at Millwall without asking BG's or lf's permission first!

Just who do you think you are Martyn?

:roll:
I could be wrong, but I think LF and Balham Green are only referring to the last bit of it. I don't think they're questioning that it happened, but the "They are even worse now" part of it. It seems a very strange comment and from my experience it's just not true. If they were even worse now you'd think you'd hear something about it, but it's very rare you hear about trouble at a Millwall game now.

Sep 25, 2010
Unbelievable, that certain people on here, say it is is rubbish, and don’t believe it.

My dad ended up in hospital, and I have to justify this to other people, my god what do people want on here.

May 8, 2011
Martyn":f85ea8l2 said:
Unbelievable, that certain people on here, say it is is rubbish, and don’t believe it.

My dad ended up in hospital, and I have to justify this to other people, my god what do people want on here.

I’ve been to the New Den every time Argyle have played there and haven’t had any problems. I go by train and each time at South Bermondsey station you were sent down an exit that took you to the away end and were segregated from the home fans.