EFL Carabao Cup Round 2 draw (away to Millwall Wed 29 Aug) | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

EFL Carabao Cup Round 2 draw (away to Millwall Wed 29 Aug)

Sep 6, 2006
Andy_S":7iryau8p said:
Balham_Green":7iryau8p said:
Martyn":7iryau8p said:
landons forehead":7iryau8p said:
Martyn":7iryau8p said:
Absolutely no way, I am going to go to Millwall

Just think, leaving that area on a Tuesday night about 10.00 pm, and we have won.

Remember in the sixties, when Argyle won, and we were asked a question by blokes driving up and down in the old Kent road, and when we replied in our West Country ascents, we were smashed in the mouth, they are even worse now.

Absolute rubbish. I've been to Millwall with Argyle a few times in the last 25 years and never had a problem there.

Excuse me, how you can that is rubbish, I was there, it HAPPENED, my dad was also beaten up.

How dare you say this is rubbish.

It's rubbish because you are talking nonsense. That was 50 years ago man.

Because BG and lf say it's rubbish! How DARE you have a bad experience at Millwall without asking BG's or lf's permission first!

Just who do you think you are Martyn?

:roll:

Nobody is questioning it happened. Just ridiculous that he can't accept it was 50 years ago and things may have changed slightly! Also by the way we don't still have an Empire!

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Martyn":23kgcrgb said:
landons forehead":23kgcrgb said:
Martyn":23kgcrgb said:

Just think, leaving that area on a Tuesday night about 10.00 pm, and we have won.

Remember in the sixties, when Argyle won, and we were asked a question by blokes driving up and down in the old Kent road, and when we replied in our West Country ascents, we were smashed in the mouth, they are even worse now.

Absolute rubbish. I've been to Millwall with Argyle a few times in the last 25 years and never had a problem there.

Excuse me, how you can that is rubbish, I was there, it HAPPENED, my dad was also beaten up.

Keep your knickers on. I specified "the last 25 years" because that's how long I've been going to Argyle, and during that time I've never seen trouble at Millwall. Implying that it would be dangerous leaving the Den at 10pm after a win is sensationalist horse manure. I'm not interested in what it was like 50 years ago.

Sep 25, 2010
landons forehead":jn56z4wq said:
Martyn":jn56z4wq said:
landons forehead":jn56z4wq said:
Martyn":jn56z4wq said:

Keep your knickers on. I specified "the last 25 years" because that's how long I've been going to Argyle, and during that time I've never seen trouble at Millwall. Implying that it would be dangerous leaving the Den at 10pm after a win is sensationalist horse manure. I'm not interested in what it was like 50 years ago.

Well, if you think the hard core of Millwall fans, are good men, and go to bed early, and be nice to their mums, well you need your forehead examined

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Ridiculous that people think what happened in the 80s at the Den still happens now at the New Den. Unless it's a derby match, it's just as safe as any other ground to visit. I've been three times, twice with Argyle and once as a neutral, no trouble whatsoever.

Sep 25, 2010
Cobi Budge":2qvlyiny said:
Ridiculous that people think what happened in the 80s at the Den still happens now at the New Den. Unless it's a derby match, it's just as safe as any other ground to visit. I've been three times, twice with Argyle and once as a neutral, no trouble whatsoever.

So Millwall fans have all been good little boys since the 80’s have they ?

Sep 13, 2003
Martyn":3g0h5usu said:
Cobi Budge":3g0h5usu said:

Sounds like you need some closure for the incident with your Dad. Go to the game next Wednesday and see for yourself.
I have lived in Deptford and now in Millwall. I have worn my Argyle scarf on Millwall home matchdays when walking around New Cross and never even remotely had a problem. Quite the opposite, had good conversations with lots of Lions fans.
I think the small problems they have are with the part time Kent based fans who only turn up for the griefy games... much like our TCE who are not fans just inbred, chavvy thugs who only go to about 3-4 games a season.

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Martyn":3a54b6ra said:
Cobi Budge":3a54b6ra said:

Give it up, man. You're making a fool of yourself. Yes, Millwall fans used to have a serious hooligan problem. Yes, at some games, i.e. Luton, Cardiff, Leeds etc, a significant section of morons still come out of the woodwork. But to suggest that they will be roaming the streets of South East London looking for Argyle fans to batter after a poorly-attended evening League Cup tie is frankly rather silly.

Several people have already popped up on this thread indicating that they have never seen trouble at Millwall in recent times.

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
Millwall Wednesday, August 29th

Adults - £10 Over 61 - £5
Season Ticket Holders – Tickets on sale Now Wednesday, August 22 from 9.30 am

Level 2 - Flexi & 1886 – on sale Friday, August 24 from 9.30 am

General Sale – Sunday, August 26, 9.30am ONLINE ONLY
Ticket Office Closed Monday Open from Tuesday, August 28 from 9.30am. for remaining tickets in person

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
For All your Away matches info, including where to drink, I suggest Greens look at:

https://www.footballgroundguide.com/lea ... e-one.html

For fellow Greens going to Milwall … Just be careful out there

Away fans are located at one end of the ground in the North Stand (usually in the upper tier only). Around 4,000 away fans can be accommodated in this end. Like the general improvement in football, a trip to Millwall is not as threatening as it once was. However, it is hardly a relaxing day out and I found the Den to be quite intimidating. The large police presence at the match I attended did nothing to dampen this feeling. I would advise that you exercise caution around the ground and not to wear club colours.

If travelling by train then it is probably best to grab a beer around London Bridge before moving onto the ground. I would advise keeping any colours covered, even when drinking in the London Bridge area.

... best to go by rail, as South Bermondsey Railway Station is only a few minutes walk from the ground. There is a direct walkway specifically built for away fans which takes you directly to the away end and back to the station afterwards. This has made the Police's job of keeping rival supporters apart so much more manageable. As you exit the station turn right for the visiting supporters walkway.

.... the Police are well drilled in getting away fans into the ground from the special train and safely away afterwards. Although don't be surprised if you are held in the stadium for sometime after the final whistle, before being allowed back up the walkway to the station. You may also then be held for a while at the station itself, so please bear this in mind when booking the time of your return journey home.

Sep 6, 2006
PutneyPete":11z3j8t7 said:
For All your Away matches info, including where to drink, I suggest Greens look at:

For fellow Greens going to Milwall … Just be careful out there

Away fans are located at one end of the ground in the North Stand (usually in the upper tier only). Around 4,000 away fans can be accommodated in this end. Like the general improvement in football, a trip to Millwall is not as threatening as it once was. However, it is hardly a relaxing day out and I found the Den to be quite intimidating. The large police presence at the match I attended did nothing to dampen this feeling. I would advise that you exercise caution around the ground and not to wear club colours.

If travelling by train then it is probably best to grab a beer around London Bridge before moving onto the ground. I would advise keeping any colours covered, even when drinking in the London Bridge area.

... best to go by rail, as South Bermondsey Railway Station is only a few minutes walk from the ground. There is a direct walkway specifically built for away fans which takes you directly to the away end and back to the station afterwards. This has made the Police's job of keeping rival supporters apart so much more manageable. As you exit the station turn right for the visiting supporters walkway.

.... the Police are well drilled in getting away fans into the ground from the special train and safely away afterwards. Although don't be surprised if you are held in the stadium for sometime after the final whistle, before being allowed back up the walkway to the station. You may also then be held for a while at the station itself, so please bear this in mind when booking the time of your return journey home.

You don't need to worry about any of that. Its Argyle Millwall reserves, League cup not the Istanbul derby.

Sep 25, 2010
landons forehead":3icweppk said:
Martyn":3icweppk said:
Cobi Budge":3icweppk said:

Give it up, man. You're making a fool of yourself. Yes, Millwall fans used to have a serious hooligan problem. Yes, at some games, i.e. Luton, Cardiff, Leeds etc, a significant section of morons still come out of the woodwork. But to suggest that they will be roaming the streets of South East London looking for Argyle fans to batter after a poorly-attended evening League Cup tie is frankly rather silly.

Several people have already popped up on this thread indicating that they have never seen trouble at Millwall in recent times.

Give it up !!! No

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
Argy1e":2tn8w6rd said:
PutneyPete":2tn8w6rd said:

A lot of that site is very out of date. It can be useful at times, but it's not great anymore.

Then help the guy out ...

As he says

If anything is incorrect or you have something to add, please e-mail me at: duncan@footballgrounds.net and I'll update the guide.

The problem is pubs and even supporters bars are closing down rapidly these days - so just let him know.