Darren Moore post Argyle game tonight | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Darren Moore post Argyle game tonight

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Postie - the clue is in the name. It's also obvious from his posts over many years that Devon greenowl is a Wednesday supporter whose second team is Argyle. He posts well thought out opinions and ideas and I enjoy his contribution. Why have a dig?

I know he's a Wednesday fan.

Nov 27, 2020
Well, I respect your opinion Deacster. Good man - absolutely. Good manager? Very doubtful. I wouldn’t expect to see him again in the managerial hot seat if and when he gets fired from this job. Certainly not at L1 level or above anyway.

Sadly for Wednesday, we have an owner much like Ashley was at Newcastle. Has spent a lot of money (200m) and has now lost interest (no pun intended there). That lack of interest is Moore's only hope of keeping his job beyond Christmas.

it’s quite ironic that Accrington was where the Argyle fan base really turned on Adams. Accrington next up for Wednesday!

All these sanctimonious posts about Wednesday fans supposed entitlement. It wouldn’t take much research on here or the Harold to find some very similar stuff during Derek Adams reign.
You wouldn't need to go back that far. Last season there were lots of comments on here about Ryan Lowe not knowing what he was doing, not a league manager, we should have beaten such and such. Also I seem to remember the majority of people claiming our transfer window was a disaster. Easy for us to be positive when we are winning but even people on pasoti start chucking their toys out of the pram when we we loose.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I'm a Wednesday fan who has also supported Argyle through thick and thin since 1976, probably been to getting on for 500 Argyle matches home and away, season ticket holder Etc. Makes no difference to that particular poster who always likes to take a pop at me personally. Makes him look bad imo. Thanks for your comments anyway Aaron.

Of course I’m going to support Wednesday on those occasions the two sides meet. So what? I'm delighted Argyle are having a great season. Just wish they hadn’t made Wednesday look so cr4p that’s all!

Keith Whitfield

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 30, 2015
The evidence is that managers only have, at most, a minor influence on a team's performance. So to blame a manager for a poor run of form is to completely miss the point. Last year's anti-Ryan Lowe histrionics on here is a case in point. Where are they all now?

Darren Moore is a good manager, and given time will help Wednesday to a better place. But a lot more is needed at that once-proud club. Possibly they need a new owner, possibly a new CEO, possibly a new youth academy, possibly a new director of football, possibly a new attitude from their fans, possibly a better set of data-analysts - all things that have helped turn Argyle around from the days of capitulating to Accrington Stanley 5-1 to being top of League 1 and playing sublime football. Ryan Lowe and Steven Schumacher have helped in this, without a shadow of a doubt, but would they have done as well or even been here if the other things were not in place?

Reactions: memory man
Mar 23, 2008
Well, I respect your opinion Deacster. Good man - absolutely. Good manager? Very doubtful. I wouldn’t expect to see him again in the managerial hot seat if and when he gets fired from this job. Certainly not at L1 level or above anyway.

Sadly for Wednesday, we have an owner much like Ashley was at Newcastle. Has spent a lot of money (200m) and has now lost interest (no pun intended there). That lack of interest is Moore's only hope of keeping his job beyond Christmas.

it’s quite ironic that Accrington was where the Argyle fan base really turned on Adams. Accrington next up for Wednesday!

All these sanctimonious posts about Wednesday fans supposed entitlement. It wouldn’t take much research on here or the Harold to find some very similar stuff during Derek Adams reign.
He did well at WBA, had a real uplift the season they got relegated from the Prem (were already down in all but points) and then had them in the play offs when he was sacked. At Doncaster he was also doing a good job, hence him getting the Weds job, however he's joined a club dropping like a stone.

It's akin to Chris Coleman at Sunderland, as an example. It's also why Lowe should think very carefully if offered a 'big' championship club. So many teams at that level who are dysfunctional and gambling on promotion to the promised land, where managers have to deal with difficult owners and managing heightened expectations.

stewthenoo

Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
There is clearly a lot of unrest at SWFC. I watched the teams going off at full time (Well, Wednesday whilst Argyle were still applauding the magnificent Green Army support). Darren Moore, clearly dejected, trudged off straight down the tunnel (unlike when he came out at the start of the match when he paraded in front of the away support and applauded each and every one of them). Someone in the large away supporters group that had gathered at the tunnel clearly shouted his disapproval at DM who then remonstrated with the fan and others. They seemed to indicate he did not have the heart and passion for the club. He then continued trudging off. As the players followed, the same gesticulations were being made towards them about their committment and passion for the club. There were some words but then one of the players (Patterson) gave his shirt to a young fan and then it seemed, all the other players gave up their shirts; not as a thank you, but more of a "if you think you can do better with the shirt on - here it is".
My perception on the body language - I may be miles away.
Owly, or others who saw this, perhaps you can clarify?

Nov 18, 2011
Owl - i like Darren Moore and i'm sure he does know his stuff. What a cant fathom, is why these bigger clubs take undue risks on people like Berahino.
It was universally acknowledged that previous clubs find him a bad apple, didn't interact with his team-mates, was only interested in money, constantly late to training etc etc. Now for all i know Moore has got him onside and those old habits have been overcome, but there seems to be a reluctance from supposed bigger clubs when they get relegated to go and find young upcoming triers - they much rather spend silly wages on people who have done it, but have now given up. A good friend of mine is a Blade (doesn't miss a game) - he is cursing the amount of 30+ year old players they have that dont really care and are offering little encouragement for the future.
I dont know if its bowing to supporter pressure of having "big" names, but give me a dozen hungry young lads on the way up, over a dozen over the hills on the way down looking for one last nice pay packet.
So many managers back themselves to be the person who can get a troubled but talented player back on the straight and narrow. I think it's an ego thing and you have to have a big ego to manage in football IMO.

See how many clubs players such as Nile Ranger, Gazza and Ravel Morrison have been able to sign for.

It does occasionally work, Cantona at Man United for example.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
I think you are right Joe - but Gazza? Seriously the guy never gave less than 100% when playing, which is half my point.
Lack of effort is a disease, personally i think Ole is being unfairly treated at Man Utd, the club is diseased by its highest earners, who on the face of it care the least. De Gea and Pogba continually talk about other "great teams", Martial who appears to rather be anywhere else than Manchester and Ronaldo who's body language and mood seems more in tune to the average hormonal 15 year old. When those who earn the most show the least effort (Ozil at Arsenal another case in point) - it gives everyone else an excuse and a bail out. It happens lower down too, perhaps more in the Championship then anywhere else, where big money for mediocrity is the norm. Players ambling through one last pay cheque. I used Berahino, as he was singled out as a non trier by players, supporters and management alike at two Championship clubs.
It makes our current situation even more precious to enjoy, there is no superstar, no one player that is bigger than the collective, that the manager and players themselves realise that is what appears to be a driving force and long may it continue.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
He did well at WBA, had a real uplift the season they got relegated from the Prem (were already down in all but points) and then had them in the play offs when he was sacked. At Doncaster he was also doing a good job, hence him getting the Weds job, however he's joined a club dropping like a stone.

It's akin to Chris Coleman at Sunderland, as an example. It's also why Lowe should think very carefully if offered a 'big' championship club. So many teams at that level who are dysfunctional and gambling on promotion to the promised land, where managers have to deal with difficult owners and managing heightened expectations.
There is clearly a lot of unrest at SWFC. I watched the teams going off at full time (Well, Wednesday whilst Argyle were still applauding the magnificent Green Army support). Darren Moore, clearly dejected, trudged off straight down the tunnel (unlike when he came out at the start of the match when he paraded in front of the away support and applauded each and every one of them). Someone in the large away supporters group that had gathered at the tunnel clearly shouted his disapproval at DM who then remonstrated with the fan and others. They seemed to indicate he did not have the heart and passion for the club. He then continued trudging off. As the players followed, the same gesticulations were being made towards them about their committment and passion for the club. There were some words but then one of the players (Patterson) gave his shirt to a young fan and then it seemed, all the other players gave up their shirts; not as a thank you, but more of a "if you think you can do better with the shirt on - here it is".
My perception on the body language - I may be miles away.
Owly, or others who saw this, perhaps you can clarify?
I saw all of those things. Tbf Moore will find it a lot more hostile on Saturday if things are no better. I saw several players give their shirts but hadn’t read it like that. There was a young girl with a placard, can I have your shirt. Couldn’t see the name on her placard. Might have been Jaden Brown. Anyway several then subsequently gave up their shirts.
Bannan went down the tunnel with barely a glance.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I rate Bannon, but I thought there was a point in the second half where he seemed to have given up. His body language was very negative. Is this how you saw things, and if so is this a sign of bigger problems amongst the players?
I think he was brilliant during our first demolition of them. No so since.

He’s rumoured to be on £25k per week.

• Wow
Reactions: David Doidge