Darren Moore post Argyle game tonight | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Darren Moore post Argyle game tonight

Dec 9, 2012
Jeeez... let's cut DGO a bit of slack here. He has never said anything other than Wednesday are the team he supports above all others, yet, for years he has paid good money to watch Argyle as well. A Wednesday fan with more than a soft spot for Argyle. Fair play.

Loved the video- you could feel the pain in his voice. One of my favourite quotes is from 'Fever Pitch' by Nick Hornby ...
''The natural state of the footballl fan is bitter disappointment''

Too true for most of us most of the time!

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
He seems a very honourable man- but the fans are a different matter

It is obvious they feel they should not been in the poor league that is league 1 (there words)- they are only there because of the Chairmans incompetence & they feel very entitled & that they should win every game with the Championship quality players they have at there disposal
One day the realism will sink in but at this current moment in time there perceived football snobbery is not very becoming
I am in shock- my post has been copied & pasted onto Owlstalk - under the heading " Should we be modest"
It appears my words have got the Sheffield Wednesday fan base talking ;)

Last edited:

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
All I would say is turn the tables and we would be saying the same thing. All fans relate to their history. In fact in troubled times I recall many threads where the value of League Two and our place within it were questioned.

Reactions: Devongreenowl
Oct 19, 2021
If I was a Sheffield Wednesday fan I would be angry about being in League 1 too. I get pretty fed up looking at the success of clubs that I perceive to be smaller than Argyle (‘the likes of’ Bournemouth and Brentford etc), so goodness knows how they feel.

Reactions: Devongreenowl

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Oooh look at me. I think you need to be more modest MM 😀

Btw - that is a joke.
No offence taken- all i will say is i was not expecting what i wrote on our message board to go somewhere else
Oh the joys of the internet :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I must be stuck in the dark ages !!!!!!!!!!!!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
No offence taken- all i will say is i was not expecting what i wrote on our message board to go somewhere else
Oh the joys of the internet :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I must be stuck in the dark ages !!!!!!!!!!!!
Indeed. It will now be read by massively more people than you intended (see what I did there!)
I don’t think many of em are agreeing with you so far! I think all clubs from bigger cities have that element. When Argyle go up to Cheltenham on Boxing Day it will be on display. It certainly was when I went to the last Boxing Day match up there a couple of seasons ago. (I’m fed up with Christmas by that point for sure!).

Generally, Owlstalkites are a self-deprecating and very humorous bunch. Lord Snooty's match day threads are absolutely brilliant. His stuff about Steve Evans was side splitting, if bordering on actionable!

In the BPE the other night, there was a hard core of young lads singing constantly about Wednesday getting battered everywhere they go, having their boots with them, etc etc. It’s all In good fun