Darren Moore post Argyle game tonight | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Darren Moore post Argyle game tonight

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Owl - i like Darren Moore and i'm sure he does know his stuff. What a cant fathom, is why these bigger clubs take undue risks on people like Berahino.
It was universally acknowledged that previous clubs find him a bad apple, didn't interact with his team-mates, was only interested in money, constantly late to training etc etc. Now for all i know Moore has got him onside and those old habits have been overcome, but there seems to be a reluctance from supposed bigger clubs when they get relegated to go and find young upcoming triers - they much rather spend silly wages on people who have done it, but have now given up. A good friend of mine is a Blade (doesn't miss a game) - he is cursing the amount of 30+ year old players they have that dont really care and are offering little encouragement for the future.
I dont know if its bowing to supporter pressure of having "big" names, but give me a dozen hungry young lads on the way up, over a dozen over the hills on the way down looking for one last nice pay packet.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
P
He may have sounded defeated but he just doesn't seem a football manager from that short interview. Repeating himself, speaking for two minutes without really saying anything etc. It was kind of painful viewing
its been like that all season, even when things were a bit better. Can you imagine taking your motivation from him? Not everybody likes a scouser, but Ryan Lowe talks a decent game and I can imagine players latching onto every word, not drifting off to sleep.
Moore is not a manager, simply a defensive coach but even that’s hard to believe.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Owl - i like Darren Moore and i'm sure he does know his stuff. What a cant fathom, is why these bigger clubs take undue risks on people like Berahino.
It was universally acknowledged that previous clubs find him a bad apple, didn't interact with his team-mates, was only interested in money, constantly late to training etc etc. Now for all i know Moore has got him onside and those old habits have been overcome, but there seems to be a reluctance from supposed bigger clubs when they get relegated to go and find young upcoming triers - they much rather spend silly wages on people who have done it, but have now given up. A good friend of mine is a Blade (doesn't miss a game) - he is cursing the amount of 30+ year old players they have that dont really care and are offering little encouragement for the future.
I dont know if its bowing to supporter pressure of having "big" names, but give me a dozen hungry young lads on the way up, over a dozen over the hills on the way down looking for one last nice pay packet.
Berahino was known to Moore in football and their church activities I believe. Depending how much it has cost, it was probably worth a punt. It hasn’t worked and if it wasn’t for our injury list, I don’t think he would be figuring.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
First time I’ve watched Argyle from fairly high behind the goal in many years and it was a real eye opener to see how rapidly the attacking moves develop, with great pace and movement.

It made Wednesday’s back 3 and wing backs look all at sea, which they were.

It did make me think, in amongst my abject misery, whether Jephcott actually belongs in this side. Can see him spending a lot more time on the bench this season. The only blot on the horizon I can see for them, is if and when injuries start to crop up.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
First time I’ve watched Argyle from fairly high behind the goal in many years and it was a real eye opener to see how rapidly the attacking moves develop, with great pace and movement.

It made Wednesday’s back 3 and wing backs look all at sea, which they were.

It did make me think, in amongst my abject misery, whether Jephcott actually belongs in this side. Can see him spending a lot more time on the bench this season. The only blot on the horizon I can see for them, is if and when injuries start to crop up.

Well we've had injuries all season - Mayor, George Cooper, Bolton and Ennis have all been out for lengthy times and yet we've trusted the youngsters and not only coped but surged to the top of the league.

At least you admitted sitting/standing with the SW fans in the Barn Park End and showing where your loyalties truly are.

Reactions: Ponty and Tugboat

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Plus we could lose Galloway and Camara for most of January and possibly sometime in February for the African Nations Cup.

If Camara gets the call, we will need Mayor to be available although I guess Randell might be asked to cover Pan's position.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Well we've had injuries all season - Mayor, George Cooper, Bolton and Ennis have all been out for lengthy times and yet we've trusted the youngsters and not only coped but surged to the top of the league.

At least you admitted sitting/standing with the SW fans in the Barn Park End and showing where your loyalties truly are.
Wtf are you talking about? I know you can’t resist a dig or worse, but I’ve never made a secret of that on here. Life might have been easier if I had.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
Moore gained a lot of respect with me when, after they lost 3-0 at Home Park in the league, he waited and shook the hand of each of our players as we left the pitch. He was also very seriously ill with Covid shortly after taking the job too. I think he's a decent bloke.

Sadly he looks a defeated manager, out of his depth in a role with huge expectations and bereft of ideas. Good luck to him when he leaves Weds, as surely he will soon.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Berahino was known to Moore in football and their church activities I believe. Depending how much it has cost, it was probably worth a punt. It hasn’t worked and if it wasn’t for our injury list, I don’t think he would be figuring.
That's a bit of a novel approach to wasting a shedload of money on a player!

"Why did you sign him?"

"Well, he was good in the choir!"

Mar 23, 2008
Think Moore is a good man and possibly a good manager. It's a hard job taking on a relatively big club dropping like a stone when the malaise has set in. Look at all the decent managers who have struggled at Sunderland for example.

Reactions: 999mattyg

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Football is an unforgiving game- being a decent humble man will not cut the mustard if the club you are managing has a fan base demanding instant success at a drop of a hat

Discontent amongst the fan base & a chairman who seems a bit slow when making important decision is a recipe for disaster

Toxic is rather an apt word when describing the Owls current woes

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Think Moore is a good man and possibly a good manager. It's a hard job taking on a relatively big club dropping like a stone when the malaise has set in. Look at all the decent managers who have struggled at Sunderland for example.
Well, I respect your opinion Deacster. Good man - absolutely. Good manager? Very doubtful. I wouldn’t expect to see him again in the managerial hot seat if and when he gets fired from this job. Certainly not at L1 level or above anyway.

Sadly for Wednesday, we have an owner much like Ashley was at Newcastle. Has spent a lot of money (200m) and has now lost interest (no pun intended there). That lack of interest is Moore's only hope of keeping his job beyond Christmas.

it’s quite ironic that Accrington was where the Argyle fan base really turned on Adams. Accrington next up for Wednesday!

All these sanctimonious posts about Wednesday fans supposed entitlement. It wouldn’t take much research on here or the Harold to find some very similar stuff during Derek Adams reign.

Wtf are you talking about? I know you can’t resist a dig or worse, but I’ve never made a secret of that on here. Life might have been easier if I had.
Postie - the clue is in the name. It's also obvious from his posts over many years that Devon greenowl is a Wednesday supporter whose second team is Argyle. He posts well thought out opinions and ideas and I enjoy his contribution. Why have a dig?