Danny Mayor signs!!! | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor signs!!!

Tugboat

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 24, 2007
Hope I’m wrong but I’ve heard Tranmere are looking likely to be front runners.

Jul 6, 2005
Reading his comments in the Herald, if Tranmere offer him comparable terms it's very hard to see him going anywhere else.

It looks very much that he came down here yesterday out of respect for Lowe after the season they have just had together at Bury.

But realistically, it seems there is very little chance of him actually signing for us unless we make him an offer that he can't refuse, which is unlikely.

Tugboat

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 24, 2007
demportdave":139lnk6c said:
Reading his comments in the Herald, if Tranmere offer him comparable terms it's very hard to see him going anywhere else.

It looks very much that he came down here yesterday out of respect for Lowe after the season they have just had together at Bury.

But realistically, it seems there is very little chance of him actually signing for us unless we make him an offer that he can't refuse, which is unlikely.

My gut feeling is it’ll be Tranmere.

Goes without saying I’m hoping to be wrong but he’s got a young family, seems settled and loves the area which he lives now so it’ll be difficult to uproot everything to move here if he has a similar offer which is 40 miles difference over a 250 mile difference.

Fingers crosses I’m wrong.

May 21, 2015
Lowe himself said he's a home boy. That among the other factors mentioned seems to be keeping us all more realistic about our chances of signing him. I'll presume most of us don't expect him to sign at this point, but bleddy hell the internet might shake a bit if he does.

Mar 14, 2009
From how l read the article it was all about Bury.

It sounded like if they offered him a new deal with decent terms he would of signed it. Unfortunately, no deal has even been offered to him. He sounds gutted because he is happy at the club and loves the area.

Tranmere to Bury is only 1hr and 30mins. He is close enough to probably not have to move home.

I can’t see Argyle signing him because of a location factor he loves to live in and a chance to play in a higher league.

I can see meltdown on social media coming our way unfortunately because reading social media there are fans who claim to be in the know and saying it’s a done deal. That of course only brings frustration and angry if he don’t sign.

Lowe’s comment in his first press conference were key. He loved Mayor to sign for us but said it would be extremely difficult to get him here.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Apparently Mayor arrived at Portman Road this afternoon for talks. Ipswich is a big club so you would think it’s a bit of a no brainer for him, but you just never know. Paul Lambert has seen better days as a manager and has never seemed very upbeat. Hopefully, Mayor will elect to come to Argyle where he will have guaranteed first team football under a coaching staff he knows and respects.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Adding to my last post, Ipswich have a first team squad of 25 players, having released 14 already! No wonder they e been struggling as a club with such a bloated squad. Lambert is obviously interested in Mayor, but it’s likely he would only be a squad player there, rather than probably THE man at Argyle.

Tugboat

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 24, 2007
loyal1970":3j1q8ku8 said:
offer him 5k a week same as carey was on see what happen's.

Yeah let’s offer players over inflated wages again and see what happens.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
All quiet so far. So at least he hasn’t woken up this morning and gone straight back to Portman Road! Still have Tranmere to worry about though. Interestingly, the Ipswich fans aren’t very excited about him, compared to Argyle. Hopefully, he will decide to come to HP where he will immediately become a fan favourite, rather than potentially warming the bench at Ipswich. Tranmere might be local to him, but they are gonna struggle next season in league 1.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Got to be positive that Danny clearly hasn’t just gone to Portman Road, seen the Championship set up (albeit in L1) and gone for it. Would seem he and his wife are thinking about it over the weekend, which hopefully means Argyle are still in with a shout.

Jul 9, 2016
Why do we play sports?
Most people play to win things.
The lad won a medal with Lowe last season.
Tranmere aren't going to win anything.
Ipswich have been in decline and lacking investment for seasons.
Argyle are favourites for promotion, new owner, investing millions, shiny new changing rooms, new stand and facilities opening soon, management team he knows and played great football under,
We have a chance

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
⚽️ Player Sponsor ⚽️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Demportendermobile":32xvk0st said:
Why do we play sports?
Most people play to win things.
The lad won a medal with Lowe last season.
Tranmere aren't going to win anything.
Ipswich have been in decline and lacking investment for seasons.
Argyle are favourites for promotion, new owner, investing millions, shiny new changing rooms, new stand and facilities opening soon, management team he knows and played great football under,
We have a chance

Love this post! Well played sir!