Danny Mayor signs!!! | Page 22 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor signs!!!

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
X Isle":3bnhnuup said:
DartingtonPilgrim":3bnhnuup said:
Manager Ryan Lowe has gone to Plymouth Argyle, whilst Nicky Adams left for Northampton. It was via Adam’s Twitter account that Mayor said his goodbyes, as the midfielder doesn’t have a social media presence of his own.

Found this on https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/

I think this young man has every chance of being a favourite of X-Isle .

Not only does he shun social media and has a sensible haircut, in every clip I've seen he plays in black boots :cool:

Never mind 'a' favourite of mine, without even kicking a ball for us yet he is the greatest Argyle player of the modern era for me :nworthy:

Refreshing isn't it X'y

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
DartingtonPilgrim":3kyvuczr said:
X Isle":3kyvuczr said:
DartingtonPilgrim":3kyvuczr said:
Manager Ryan Lowe has gone to Plymouth Argyle, whilst Nicky Adams left for Northampton. It was via Adam’s Twitter account that Mayor said his goodbyes, as the midfielder doesn’t have a social media presence of his own.

Not only does he shun social media and has a sensible haircut, in every clip I've seen he plays in black boots :cool:

Never mind 'a' favourite of mine, without even kicking a ball for us yet he is the greatest Argyle player of the modern era for me :nworthy:

Refreshing isn't it X'y

Love black boots, I hope this continues

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
DartingtonPilgrim":18gpq5az said:
X Isle":18gpq5az said:
DartingtonPilgrim":18gpq5az said:

Never mind 'a' favourite of mine, without even kicking a ball for us yet he is the greatest Argyle player of the modern era for me

Refreshing isn't it X'y

I've just watched: Danny Mayor: Bury 18/19 on YouTube - Wowza!!
Well another 'refreshing' thing about that is that it shows many of the runs into the box, goals & assists .. what a dribbler!!
But all those runs into the box, tackles and blocks and he never seems to go down looking for a pen! Usually passes or shoots after being fouled - or beats another three men!! :shock:
One pen given in those clips and he is clattered for that!
Watch that clip, only 6 and a half minutes only 650 approx people watched it so far! :scarf:

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Pogleswoody":spjf13kq said:
DartingtonPilgrim":spjf13kq said:
X Isle":spjf13kq said:
DartingtonPilgrim":spjf13kq said:

Never mind 'a' favourite of mine, without even kicking a ball for us yet he is the greatest Argyle player of the modern era for me

Refreshing isn't it X'y

Well another 'refreshing' thing about that is that it shows many of the runs into the box, goals & assists .. what a dribbler!!
But all those runs into the box, tackles and blocks and he never seems to go down looking for a pen! Usually passes or shoots after being fouled - or beats another three men!! :shock:
Watch that clip, only 6 and a half minutes only 650 approx people watched it so far! :scarf:

Also how many players Bury had in the box!!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
He looks equal to Carey in ability and technique with more presence and being more direct

Oct 20, 2015
Could someone have a stab at showing the starting XI under Lowe? With new players, current squad and maybe XXX where we think there's an incoming or need for a signing.

For instance, I'm still thinking GK is XXX even though we know Cooper is up for it.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Danny Mayor would have been a great signing even if Argyle had stayed up by the skin of their teeth last season. To get him in L2 is a major coup and the rest of the league and the bookies will be taking note for sure.

May 18, 2016
You might enjoy this run of goals scored for Bury a few of seasons ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CZabf-EnMk

Of the ten best goals scored by Bury that season, Danny Mayor scored 4 and made 1, Ryan Lowe scored 2 and Joe Riley scored a screamer. There are also goals to enjoy against Exeter and Portsmouth.

Come on you Greens

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Tugboat":8tyof4a2 said:
He looks equal to Carey in ability and technique with more presence and being more direct

I love that 'direct' running at pace.
That is the sort of play that showed us up last season.
Thankfully such players are as rare as the amoeba that feed on the lice that feed on the dental caries on the teeth of pink hens ... and we've got him!
Did I say: Wowza!!?? :nworthy:

Aug 22, 2006
It's a very good signing. Really excited by this even though luck has played a part. I am however very very wary about what could potentially be in store. It's like everyone has forgotten the possibility of a) the team not being able to gel, b) injury playing a part, c) opposition far more savvy than last season, d) he doesn't settle. The list of what could go wrong is endless. Also you are all expecting a Carey mark 2? I suggest he'll need to be even better if we want to "walk our way" to the league title. It took a while to get promoted with "Carey" and we didn't exactly romp the league. Many factors contributed to promotion and Mayor will need plenty of help. Headlines on the herald website such as "hand us the league 2 title now" make me extremely nervous. If I was an opposition fan i'd be looking forward to playing us. Lets not become cocksure. Enjoy it, it's a step in the right direction of course and lets just hope along with another 4 or 5 key signings we can have a team that challenges for the top 3 because lets cut straight to the point, we've probably got one season with Lowe and co.

Jun 26, 2019
Cornwall
Congratulations (through gritted teeth) on a quality signing, by far the best player in the league at this level. As long as he keeps his head straight you have a potential god of the game now. Will always be a Bury legend, hope he can become one for you now. I expect Aimson will sign next and then probably Thompson.
So which stand would be best for me to attend the first home game ? Bear in mind i will be wearing my Bury shirt, with a black armband and chanting " It's just like watching Bury !!! "

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Shakeinexile":1d1gmass said:
Congratulations (through gritted teeth) on a quality signing, by far the best player in the league at this level. As long as he keeps his head straight you have a potential god of the game now. Will always be a Bury legend, hope he can become one for you now. I expect Aimson will sign next and then probably Thompson.
So which stand would be best for me to attend the first home game ? Bear in mind i will be wearing my Bury shirt, with a black armband and chanting " It's just like watching Bury !!! "

You'd be made very welcome pal. Choice is limited due to re-development of the grandstand tho!

May 7, 2019
Pogleswoody":30dbzy3d said:

Thanks for the tip. I really enjoyed watching that - very exciting! :D

What really struck me in watching the clip was the quality of Mayor's passing. The weighting of his passes are remarkably consistent and accurate and give the team a cutting edge and a dynamic quality.

Jan 27, 2012
I’m very pleased Argyle have signed this player. However, the fans shouldn’t expect too much straight away. Mayor has big shoes to fill in replacing Carey and, as I said before, there is probably a reason why he has been earning his living playing in League Two. He isn’t Gareth Bale. So don’t put the bloke under pressure or have unrealistic expectations. Mayor is s very good signing, but hopefully we can get one or two new attackers through the door as well.