Danny Mayor signs!!! | Page 20 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor signs!!!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
IJN":3cun3e19 said:
Devongreenowl":3cun3e19 said:
Many years ago, Liverpool fans sang a song for Stevie Heighway which apparently the Kop still sing today, which would work

Danny, Danny Mayor. Danny Mayor on the wing!

They nicked it off us. :greensmile:

Hughie, Hugh McCauley, Hugh McCauley in the wing.

Ha ha, nice try! Heighway started playing for LFC in 1970, funnily enough at the same time as McAuley was on their books. Hugh never got a game for them and eventually went to Argyle in 74 after Tranmere. Saw him many times.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
pafcprogs":d4il7ze4 said:
Statement signing.

Imagine you are a player,mulling over your offer, humming and hawing about how serious Argyle are about backing their manager....about mounting a proper challenge. In the course of a few days you see the owner pumping in three million quid to keep the momentum on the infrastructure, and the outstanding attacking player in the league from last season upping sticks and relocating in preference to two L1 sides.

Suddenly this feels like a project...like it has some momentum

It is the sort of signing that trips a couple more over the line...

It also confirms that in Lowe we have a manager that instils and attracts loyalty.

Welcome DM...you have some history to write.
totally agree with this post.

cheshiregreen

āœ… Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PMPilgrim":il5lahuk said:
Donā€™t forget we arenā€™t short of a penny.

Simon wants us in the Championship....and has the money to match it.

We have wages space from Reuben and GC.

We have Ā£500 000 from Freddie.

Shhhh.....we offered more than Ipswich.

The tables are turning.

Iā€™d get a season ticket if you havenā€™t already.

A beast of a centre half next......

Presumably you are suggesting somebody other than Aimson who has already been linked?

Jul 27, 2005
Plymouth
DartingtonPilgrim":ceu9ilsk said:
football-bet-data":ceu9ilsk said:
Ave_IT":ceu9ilsk said:
What aboutā€¦.

OH DANNY! DANNY! ā€¦.
DANNY DANNY DANNY DANNY DANNY MAYOOOOR! :D

OK Iā€™ll stop now. :coat:

Think the Bury fans used to sing "Super, Super Dan" - fits well, not used since McCormick left

How about , to the tune of Stand And Deliver

Danny Mayor
Cuts through you like a knife
ā€œSuper, Super Danā€ works well.

But surely it has to be a Kumbaya ā€œDanny Mayor my Lord?ā€ Canā€™t recall this being used since Steve McCall...

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Devongreenowl":hrsbs1s1 said:
IJN":hrsbs1s1 said:
Devongreenowl":hrsbs1s1 said:
Many years ago, Liverpool fans sang a song for Stevie Heighway which apparently the Kop still sing today, which would work

Danny, Danny Mayor. Danny Mayor on the wing!

They nicked it off us. :greensmile:

Hughie, Hugh McCauley, Hugh McCauley in the wing.

Ha ha, nice try! Heighway started playing for LFC in 1970, funnily enough at the same time as McAuley was on their books. Hugh never got a game for them and eventually went to Argyle in 74 after Tranmere. Saw him many times.

Weren't Heighway and Hall the star pairing for LFC back then?

Wonder what happened to Brian Hall? :problem:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Yes, he died a few years ago. Myself and another poster were talking about him the other day. I felt he was a great signing for Argyle. Ack then and thought Mariner would fill his boots getting on the end of his crosses. Trouble was, Argyle sold Mariner almost straight away! Maybe they couldnt afford Hall and Mariner. The rest is history of course.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Signings like this should mean more season tickets sold, good crowds right from the off and optimistic atmosphere right through the club and itā€™s support. I think everybody needs to be mindful that it might not necessarily gel straight away, but we know that Ryan Lowe ripped the Bury squad apart last summer and very quickly created a winning side with lots of new faces. Iā€™m sure from his own point of view, he will hope he can go one better and win the title with Argyle. Once that new stand opens at the end of the year, there will be plenty of scope for big crowds come the business end of the season

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Manager Ryan Lowe has gone to Plymouth Argyle, whilst Nicky Adams left for Northampton. It was via Adamā€™s Twitter account that Mayor said his goodbyes, as the midfielder doesnā€™t have a social media presence of his own.

Found this on https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/

I think this young man has every chance of being a favourite of X-Isle .

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
PMPilgrim":2vv0iwiv said:
cheshiregreen":2vv0iwiv said:
PMPilgrim":2vv0iwiv said:
Donā€™t forget we arenā€™t short of a penny.

Simon wants us in the Championship....and has the money to match it.

We have wages space from Reuben and GC.

We have Ā£500 000 from Freddie.

Shhhh.....we offered more than Ipswich.

The tables are turning.

Iā€™d get a season ticket if you havenā€™t already.

A beast of a centre half next......

Presumably you are suggesting somebody other than Aimson who has already been linked?

Yes. Proven at league 1 level. No doubt over his ability or attitude.

Spine of the team has to be top 10 of league 1.

Fewer players, greater quality.

If youā€™re a great player at this level we are a really attractive proposition. New stand, good money, aggressive attacking football and a place in the team if you perform.

Tell us more PMPilgrim , was this player playing in League 1 last season ?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
WOW!! Just ... Wow!! :nworthy:

Bury, Bury sell us your Dan Mayor
All along, down along, out along lea.
For we want for to sign a League One Player,
With Ryan Lowe, Joe Edwards, Will Aimson,
Joe Riley, Ryan Taylor, Antoni Sarcevic ( ;) ) ,
and
Old Gary Sawyer and all,
and
Old Gary Sawyer and all.

Mar 14, 2009
Rokerite":1nbz3kd3 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1nbz3kd3 said:
Rokerite":1nbz3kd3 said:
I'm very pleased for you. I didn't think you'd get him, I thought he'd be off to Suffolk. It's also a big testimonial for Ryan Lowe that Mayor's trust in him outweighed your geographical difficulty.

Howā€™s things going currently with your club? Any developments?

No, absolutely nothing. Though our owner was seen enjoying a drink on the seafront in the sunshine over the weekend.

Sorry to hear that.

I understand the anger and frustration your fans must be feeling. We were there too.

However, l hope our situation gives you some hope for your club. You can turn things around when you got the right owners in place. Itā€™s just about getting rid of the wrong ones.

I do also feel sorry for you taking your manager & backroom staff & players. We were all gutted to lose some of our best players for less than what they were worth. If it was our fans they would be up in arms seeing them leave.

We fell in love with a manager in Holloway, like you guys seem to have with Lowe. Although circumstances are different for the way they both left, l imagine the gut wrenching feeling you have is the one we felt.

Honestly hope your club survives this and hopefully the fan base will find that enjoyment and excitement you had with Lowe in someone else. Best of luck for this season.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Devongreenowl":3iuufose said:
Yes, he died a few years ago. Myself and another poster were talking about him the other day. I felt he was a great signing for Argyle. Ack then and thought Mariner would fill his boots getting on the end of his crosses. Trouble was, Argyle sold Mariner almost straight away! Maybe they couldnt afford Hall and Mariner. The rest is history of course.

Didn't know that until now. I remember the excitement when he signed for Argyle in '76 and the disappointment when it all went pear shaped with relegation at the end of the season. A great little player who was far and away too good for the majority of his team mates that season.

RIP Brian.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":3hjw6dte said:
Rokerite":3hjw6dte said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3hjw6dte said:
Rokerite":3hjw6dte said:
I'm very pleased for you. I didn't think you'd get him, I thought he'd be off to Suffolk. It's also a big testimonial for Ryan Lowe that Mayor's trust in him outweighed your geographical difficulty.

Howā€™s things going currently with your club? Any developments?

No, absolutely nothing. Though our owner was seen enjoying a drink on the seafront in the sunshine over the weekend.

Sorry to hear that.

I understand the anger and frustration your fans must be feeling. We were there too.

However, l hope our situation gives you some hope for your club. You can turn things around when you got the right owners in place. Itā€™s just about getting rid of the wrong ones.

I do also feel sorry for you taking your manager & backroom staff & players. We were all gutted to lose some of our best players for less than what they were worth. If it was our fans they would be up in arms seeing them leave.

We fell in love with a manager in Holloway, like you guys seem to have with Lowe. Although circumstances are different for the way they both left, l imagine the gut wrenching feeling you have is the one we felt.

Honestly hope your club survives this and hopefully the fan base will find that enjoyment and excitement you had with Lowe in someone else. Best of luck for this season.

At a guess MGM , i think Rokerite maybe a fan of Sunderland not Bury , however i may be wrong .