Danny Mayor signs!!! | Page 21 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor signs!!!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
kernow19":35iv4xpp said:
Devongreenowl":35iv4xpp said:
Yes, he died a few years ago. Myself and another poster were talking about him the other day. I felt he was a great signing for Argyle. Ack then and thought Mariner would fill his boots getting on the end of his crosses. Trouble was, Argyle sold Mariner almost straight away! Maybe they couldnt afford Hall and Mariner. The rest is history of course.

Didn't know that until now. I remember the excitement when he signed for Argyle in '76 and the disappointment when it all went pear shaped with relegation at the end of the season. A great little player who was far and away too good for the majority of his team mates that season.

RIP Brian.

Yep. If Mariner and Rafferty had still been there they would have been a force. As it was, Argyle let them both go and Hall had nobody decent to play with!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Devongreenowl":3lyxst2r said:
Yes, he died a few years ago. Myself and another poster were talking about him the other day. I felt he was a great signing for Argyle. Ack then and thought Mariner would fill his boots getting on the end of his crosses. Trouble was, Argyle sold Mariner almost straight away! Maybe they couldnt afford Hall and Mariner. The rest is history of course.

I seem to recall at the time there was an appeal by Argyle for financial contributions to help towards the purchase / wages of Brian Hall. All this was led by Manager Waiters

P

PAFC Galactico

DartingtonPilgrim":3bz3sz8w said:
PMPilgrim":3bz3sz8w said:
cheshiregreen":3bz3sz8w said:
PMPilgrim":3bz3sz8w said:
Don’t forget we aren’t short of a penny.

Simon wants us in the Championship....and has the money to match it.

We have wages space from Reuben and GC.

We have £500 000 from Freddie.

Shhhh.....we offered more than Ipswich.

The tables are turning.

I’d get a season ticket if you haven’t already.

A beast of a centre half next......

Presumably you are suggesting somebody other than Aimson who has already been linked?

Yes. Proven at league 1 level. No doubt over his ability or attitude.

Spine of the team has to be top 10 of league 1.

Fewer players, greater quality.

If you’re a great player at this level we are a really attractive proposition. New stand, good money, aggressive attacking football and a place in the team if you perform.

Tell us more PMPilgrim , was this player playing in League 1 last season ?

The guy released by Peterborough? Ryan Tafazolli?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PMPilgrim":3e7ihc2d said:
cheshiregreen":3e7ihc2d said:
PMPilgrim":3e7ihc2d said:
Don’t forget we aren’t short of a penny.

Simon wants us in the Championship....and has the money to match it.

We have wages space from Reuben and GC.

We have £500 000 from Freddie.

Shhhh.....we offered more than Ipswich.

The tables are turning.

I’d get a season ticket if you haven’t already.

A beast of a centre half next......

Presumably you are suggesting somebody other than Aimson who has already been linked?

Spine of the team has to be top 10 of league 1.

Fewer players, greater quality.

Pruned the quote down to this very pleasing to read sentence on numbers and quality. There may be some risks if we are plagued by injuries or ill discipline, but , offers the opportunity of more involvement for our young players to demonstrate their progress as opposed to us developing other sides players in our 1st team who are then never seen by us again in an Argyle shirt.

Jul 12, 2016
Great news that Mayor has signed. Unusual for us to get a player with his reputation.Add a few more with similar credentials and things are looking good. Roll on the new season!

Jul 26, 2006
Aimson will be the next in as I said previously. Not only have I been told this by the same credible person who told me about mayor but also I walked past Aimson in his full training kit today at HP

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Great signing this for us given he's better than L2.

Just goes to show how much we are progressing as a club and that previous barriers are being removed.

Maybe the relegation was a blessing in disguise!

Sep 6, 2006
pafc_casual":y94rxac7 said:
Aimson will be the next in as I said previously. Not only have I been told this by the same credible person who told me about mayor but also I walked past Aimson in his full training kit today at HP

Who is Aimson?

Jul 26, 2006
Balham_Green":d5sjfkpl said:
pafc_casual":d5sjfkpl said:

Who is Aimson?

CB from Bury!

May 22, 2006
Balham_Green":xv98px0n said:
pafc_casual":xv98px0n said:

Who is Aimson?

Joined Bury a year ago on a free from Blackpool.

Telford, who keeps on being mentioned in the daily round up,joined Bury a year ago on a free from Stoke.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Some speculation on the Bury fans forum that Adam Thompson may also head West? Has played in League One for Southend and at 25 could have his best years ahead of him?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Good that we seem to be building a team not only for this season but next aswel, ipefully

Jul 29, 2010
DartingtonPilgrim":2mjwsoed said:
Manager Ryan Lowe has gone to Plymouth Argyle, whilst Nicky Adams left for Northampton. It was via Adam’s Twitter account that Mayor said his goodbyes, as the midfielder doesn’t have a social media presence of his own.

Found this on https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/

I think this young man has every chance of being a favourite of X-Isle .

Not only does he shun social media and has a sensible haircut, in every clip I've seen he plays in black boots :cool:

Never mind 'a' favourite of mine, without even kicking a ball for us yet he is the greatest Argyle player of the modern era for me :nworthy: