Crowd size | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Crowd size

B

bandwagon

Lundan Cabbie":15lyf83a said:
bandwagon":15lyf83a said:
This is very simple - the club know the figures for every home game, 'bums on seats' gates only please.

The important figure isn't bums on seats, it is pounds in the bank.

I think there is an inextricable link there!!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
CornishPaul":caor1suh said:
What rubbish. You have to count who enters the ground and thats it. Who on earth came up with this new idea?? So if the ground was completly empty for the next home match cause everyone protested about the state of things wed till declare an attendance of at least 4500. You couldnt make it up.

Don't forget the 'soaking wet banner spontaneously bursts into flames' element in this!! :stir:

Am i to presume that the police/stewards/H&S/Fire Service would be given the 'bums on seats' figure for their services, or, if the grandstand collapsed, would they spend three days digging out 'bodies' who are at home in bed? :whistle:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
djg145":2v1dbx1l said:
If all season tickets sold are being counted for every match, why are they bothering scanning the cards, what is the point?
So when it's obvious to everyone that there's less then 3000 in the ground - yes it will happen with the present setup - we will still say there's 5000 + lol

Ohhh another very important point - IMHO - if there's a fire at the ground (god forbid) the Fire Brigade will need to know the exact number of people inside the ground!! Are they going to risk their lives looking for the missing supporters, who are at home sat watching the TV???

Your card is scanned so it is only used once.

As for your fire comment I canty stop laughing. When I was OiC at Park Royal fire station and got called to a fire at the old Wembley stadium, do you really think I asked how many were in?

It would have been a good task to give the junior buck though. "Go and count them lad. Let me know if there is less than 100,000"

Mar 2, 2008
Lundan Cabbie":2vuvhlr1 said:
bandwagon":2vuvhlr1 said:
This is very simple - the club know the figures for every home game, 'bums on seats' gates only please.

I do have sympathy with your bandwagon, and in agreement, although it seems all clubs do it this way now.

B

bandwagon

Plympton Pong":1dv5x1jc said:
Lundan Cabbie":1dv5x1jc said:
bandwagon":1dv5x1jc said:

I do have sympathy with your bandwagon, and in agreement, although it seems all clubs do it this way now.

Yes I saw that PP - why can't things just be simple? :crazy:

D

Damon.Lenszner

bandwagon":9kxjka2e said:
Lundan Cabbie":9kxjka2e said:
bandwagon":9kxjka2e said:

The Season Ticket income will have been spent by now. The club runs on cashflow. Commercial income, retail sales, cup runs (!). If there are no pay on the dayers we will be experiencing negative cashflow. Throughout all the thoughts of get on and change the manager Mr Brent please remember he is propping us up right now.

B

bandwagon

Damon.Lenszner":3fp3rdms said:
bandwagon":3fp3rdms said:
Lundan Cabbie":3fp3rdms said:
bandwagon":3fp3rdms said:

The Season Ticket income will have been spent by now. The club runs on cashflow. Commercial income, retail sales, cup runs (!). If there are no pay on the dayers we will be experiencing negative cashflow. Throughout all the thoughts of get on and change the manager Mr Brent please remember he is propping us up right now.

I quite understand that Mr Brent is propping us up and also that he realised he would have to do so if the 'business model' didn't go according to plan - I think there has always a link between a seat being paid for and what pot it goes into eventually. With regards the actual fans going through the turnstiles on a given day, not tallying with quoted figures - I think most normal fans find that strange. I honestly thought this was one of my reasonable posts!! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
So fans have to feel guilty now because "pay on the day" fans fail to show up & pay to watch cr*p football.

I would have thought that the clubs owner(s) have to count the cost of their own decisions, not the fans ffs!

Dec 3, 2005
Lundan Cabbie":11nb9l54 said:
djg145":11nb9l54 said:
If all season tickets sold are being counted for every match, why are they bothering scanning the cards, what is the point?
So when it's obvious to everyone that there's less then 3000 in the ground - yes it will happen with the present setup - we will still say there's 5000 + lol

Ohhh another very important point - IMHO - if there's a fire at the ground (god forbid) the Fire Brigade will need to know the exact number of people inside the ground!! Are they going to risk their lives looking for the missing supporters, who are at home sat watching the TV???

As for your fire comment I canty stop laughing. When I was OiC at Park Royal fire station and got called to a fire at the old Wembley stadium, do you really think I asked how many were in?

It would have been a good task to give the junior buck though. "Go and count them lad. Let me know if there is less than 100,000"

I hope you have stopped laughting, because it was a serious point. Unless you think it's funny having your colleagues risking their lives looking for people in a building who are not there!!! Do you think JB runs his hotels like that? Not knowing exactly how many people he as in his hotels?

Far easier to count how many times the turnstiles click around, then we can all see the exact amount and confirm our suspicions that the attendances are falling.

It would also be interesting to see how many season ticket holders go to the matches as compared to POTD supporters. As Damien says, ST money will most probably have been spent, so knowing how many POTD supporters would be a very important figure to have.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
djg145":3a3jpyif said:
Lundan Cabbie":3a3jpyif said:
djg145":3a3jpyif said:

I hope you have stopped laughting, because it was a serious point. Unless you think it's funny having your colleagues risking their lives looking for people in a building who are not there!!! Do you think JB runs his hotels like that? Not knowing exactly how many people he as in his hotels?

Far easier to count how many times the turnstiles click around, then we can all see the exact amount and confirm our suspicions that the attendances are falling.

It would also be interesting to see how many season ticket holders go to the matches as compared to POTD supporters. As Damien says, ST money will most probably have been spent, so knowing how many POTD supporters would be a very important figure to have.

Why I was laughing is because you haven't thought your it through as far as the Fire Service are concerned. When you arrive at a property you may ask how many people were inside but you would also ask how many were unaccounted for. How can any football club give an accurate number when firefighters arrive? You would need some form of roll call like you get at one of Mr Brent's hotels or at your workplace.

In the old days most people paid on the day and normally at the turnstile. A count was firstly needed for accounting purposes so the gateman didn't pocket money himself. However with this going on the club could easily total how many were in "attendance" rather than make estimates.

Maybe we shouldn't call it "attendance" anymore. "Total Sales" would probably more appropriate.

Clubs need to know how many tickets they have sold for accounting but why the need to do another count just because you want to know how many are actually there?

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Lundan Cabbie":2bqa89vy said:
djg145":2bqa89vy said:
Lundan Cabbie":2bqa89vy said:
djg145":2bqa89vy said:

Why I was laughing is because you haven't thought your it through as far as the Fire Service are concerned. When you arrive at a property you may ask how many people were inside but you would also ask how many were unaccounted for. How can any football club give an accurate number when firefighters arrive? You would need some form of roll call like you get at one of Mr Brent's hotels or at your workplace.

In the old days most people paid on the day and normally at the turnstile. A count was firstly needed for accounting purposes so the gateman didn't pocket money himself. However with this going on the club could easily total how many were in "attendance" rather than make estimates.

Maybe we shouldn't call it "attendance" anymore. "Total Sales" would probably more appropriate.

Clubs need to know how many tickets they have sold for accounting but why the need to do another count just because you want to know how many are actually there?

"Total ticket sales" may be more appropriate, wouldn't want it to be mixed up with calculating the total sales across all products sold at Argyle ;)

Aug 10, 2006
djg145":2uvmcqsg said:

thought exactly the same thing with all the health and safety regs today.

Aug 10, 2006
Damon.Lenszner":1vhg9lqp said:
bandwagon":1vhg9lqp said:
Lundan Cabbie":1vhg9lqp said:
bandwagon":1vhg9lqp said:

CUP RUNS please don't make me laugh anymore im going to p..s me self.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
loyal1970":273pf56p said:
djg145":273pf56p said:

thought exactly the same thing with all the health and safety regs today.

Even if you know how many have entered the ground, you don't have any way of calculating how many are still in there once any incident happens. The Fire Service will continue to search for victims until they are satisfied that there are no more rather than trust on unreliable figures.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Can't see that more than a 1,000 pay on the dayers turn up now, especially after our poor home form and performances, the cold and wet weather and xmas around the corner.
If pre paid season tickets are so pi55ed off they can't be bothered then how many mugs are there out there with nothing better to spend £20 on.

JB needs to wake up and smell the coffee, people are voting with their feet in their droves.

Whats the problem ? - FLETCHER is a numpty plain and simple

Solution ? - SACK him before its too late

You don't need a business degree to work that one out JB, thought you were supposed to be a successful smart businessman. Time to step up to the plate big man
:tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: