Crowd size | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Crowd size

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
I guess the argument comes down should it be number of tickets sold for a game, or should it be number of tickets used to actually see the game.
So in todays game 5711 actual tickets were sold, but only 4500 approx were used to see the game.

the word attendance to me means how many actually attended, So it comes down to wording.

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
jollygreenjohn":3o0z70ck said:
Greenblooded1":3o0z70ck said:
John Petrie":3o0z70ck said:
Why is it now the total tickets sold?

I'd be surprised if there were 5000 there today and would actually be interested to know how our attendances are really holding up with our appalling home form.

I understand we were one of the few clubs that declared attendance & not tickets sold, usually looking lower than other clubs. We've just come into line with the others.

Is that for definite GB1?

I'm pretty sure.

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
Feb 25, 2007
St Blazey
What rubbish. You have to count who enters the ground and thats it. Who on earth came up with this new idea?? So if the ground was completly empty for the next home match cause everyone protested about the state of things wed till declare an attendance of at least 4500. You couldnt make it up.

B

bandwagon

jollygreenjohn":3sxw7u04 said:
Crazy but explains why we've all felt there were less in the ground than the official "attendance" this season.

Well although I've only seen the first 4 home games this season, I was always sure there looked less than quoted - I would love to see the 'real' attendances, bet that 8,000 break even figure is looking even more rediculous!!

Jul 29, 2010
Ottawa Green":1eptrrkz said:
I guess the argument comes down should it be number of tickets sold for a game, or should it be number of tickets used to actually see the game.
So in todays game 5711 actual tickets were sold, but only 4500 approx were used to see the game.

the word attendance to me means how many actually attended, So it comes down to wording.

The false figure given out though won't be fooling the boardroom into believing Argyle under Fletcher is popular. They'll also be aware of the true number of 'attendees' and will know full well the number of season ticket holders who are voting with their feet each game.

Far from giving false comfort, the gate figures will still alarm the bean counters.

E

Every Saturday

In April/May 2012 our attendances were between 8k/9k

The general consensus appears to be yesterdays attendance was half that number

Even if there were 5.7k in the ground that is still a big drop in 6 months

I know many regulars (and that is regulars for decades - and who endured the days when we were down to 2.5k/4.5k - who have been staying away during the past month or so because they are so "fed up" with what is happening on the pitch

"Houston - we have a problem"

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
"Houston we have a problem " Love it

Earth calling James Brent, come in James Brent. We need you to sack the manager to save the situation

What Planet is JB on if he cannot see what is wrong

Still think the onkly logical reason for sticking with FLETCHER is that JB wants us to be a NON LEAGUE chicken poo outfit and RELEGATION is his objective.

Hopefully my conspiracy theory is wrong and there will be a club statement on Monday but I wouldn't put a fiver on it

B

bandwagon

This is very simple - the club know the figures for every home game, 'bums on seats' gates only please.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
bandwagon":1yww9va6 said:
This is very simple - the club know the figures for every home game, 'bums on seats' gates only please.

The important figure isn't bums on seats, it is pounds in the bank.

Dec 3, 2005
If all season tickets sold are being counted for every match, why are they bothering scanning the cards, what is the point?
So when it's obvious to everyone that there's less then 3000 in the ground - yes it will happen with the present setup - we will still say there's 5000 + lol

Ohhh another very important point - IMHO - if there's a fire at the ground (god forbid) the Fire Brigade will need to know the exact number of people inside the ground!! Are they going to risk their lives looking for the missing supporters, who are at home sat watching the TV???