Crowd size | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Crowd size

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
Number automatically includes all season ticket holders apparently. I'd imagine a fair few stayed away today

B

bandwagon

What would the club gain by falsifying the gates though - can't see the league putting up with any of that!!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
i am an ST holder, thanks to nice Mr Cameron's 'War on NHS waiting lists', i had very little choice but to accept ther offer of a minor op this a.m. at Derriford .. so i wasn't there but was still counted. :thumbdown:

Jan 27, 2012
I see that the attendance was around 13,000 the last time we played Chesterfield in 2004. This was an ordinary league game in the third-tier, although Argyle were top of the league at the time. I reckon the attendance would have been similar today if the current Argyle team were top of the league. That is why Argyle have potential and are worth investing in- unlike smaller clubs like Torquay and Barnet. If Brent would put his hand in his pocket and invested more in the playing budget, I think the investment would pay for itself through increased gates. I stayed away today because I just don't think Argyle are entertaining to watch at the moment and there is nothing much to play for- we are clearly not good enough to win promotion.

Dec 2, 2010
Look at the attendances in league 2 today. Only Oxford had better than us.

There were a number under 2000....and nearly all doing better than us.

C'mon Mr Brent....wake up and smell the coffee!

Sep 23, 2005
??? it's an attendance record for goodness sake, how can they get away with recording all season ticket holders, there or not?
Confirmation required please. Here we are praising ourselves for sticking with it when there is a possibility things are far worse.

N

newquaygreen

Pilgrim61":kocp8num said:
Look at the attendances in league 2 today. Only Oxford had better than us.

There were a number under 2000....and nearly all doing better than us.

C'mon Mr Brent....wake up and smell the coffee!

Not Starbucks though! :oops:

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
gaspargomez":ln5wcz9a said:
I see that the attendance was around 13,000 the last time we played Chesterfield in 2004. This was an ordinary league game in the third-tier, although Argyle were top of the league at the time. I reckon the attendance would have been similar today if the current Argyle team were top of the league. That is why Argyle have potential and are worth investing in- unlike smaller clubs like Torquay and Barnet. If Brent would put his hand in his pocket and invested more in the playing budget, I think the investment would pay for itself through increased gates. I stayed away today because I just don't think Argyle are entertaining to watch at the moment and there is nothing much to play for- we are clearly not good enough to win promotion.

This is the thing we are losing money week in week out by sticking with a cheap failed experiment.

There has to be investment in management in order to achieve profit and build on success.

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
John Petrie":2d88cf89 said:
Why is it now the total tickets sold?

I'd be surprised if there were 5000 there today and would actually be interested to know how our attendances are really holding up with our appalling home form.

I understand we were one of the few clubs that declared attendance & not tickets sold, usually looking lower than other clubs. We've just come into line with the others.

Sep 23, 2005
Greenblooded1":13kowv6r said:
John Petrie":13kowv6r said:
Why is it now the total tickets sold?

I'd be surprised if there were 5000 there today and would actually be interested to know how our attendances are really holding up with our appalling home form.

I understand we were one of the few clubs that declared attendance & not tickets sold, usually looking lower than other clubs. We've just come into line with the others.

Is that for definate GB1?

E

Every Saturday

Anybody know how many "full" members we have got? Would not have thought many would have paid "on the day" (with the exception of visiting fans)