Charlton away (sold out) | Page 21 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Charlton away (sold out)

Forest of Dean Green

āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
To be honest I was delighted to get to half time to sit down. My back was giving me chronic gyp! And I needed to recover from that half of football. I do feel for people for whom standing would be impossible. It is incredibly selfish to assume that others should suffer for your own peccadilloes.

Keepitgreen

šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Shoenice":1pj0924q said:
Thought there were a lot of knobs in the Argyle crowd yesterday.

Lots of pissheads.
This type of game attracts them a couple of times a season. We were queueing up to get in at a couple of minutes to three and I heard a drunk say to someone "Cheer up you f****** c***, we'm all in this together im we". His mate wasn't much better. They'll wake up today and remember none of it.

Aug 15, 2015
Keepitgreen":3kvty1ne said:
Shoenice":3kvty1ne said:

Lots of pissheads.
This type of game attracts them a couple of times a season. We were queueing up to get in at a couple of minutes to three and I heard a drunk say to someone "Cheer up you f****** c***, we'm all in this together im we". His mate wasn't much better. They'll wake up today and remember none of it.

It was different to usual. Vast more drunkards around the place making for a generally unpleasant environment. Not forgetting the clowns who continuously come in and out of their seat.

Oct 16, 2016
Balham_Green":3uffisby said:
Shankster":3uffisby said:
Everybody stood (I can only assume that because I didnā€™t see anybody sitting from where i was) we did so at our allocated seat.

Best of both worlds, all very well ordered and safe. Not a single steward asked us to sit.

More shame on the stewards. I saw children and old people unables to stand/see. Perhaps they were the lucky ones! I'm 6ft and couldn't see the goal line and our best moment when we hit the post.(apparently ) But as long as you were OK that's the main thing.

You shouldā€™ve remonstrated with those around you standing Dave, if you had no luck with that you shouldā€™ve got a steward and ensured that he got the miscreants seated

Sep 6, 2006
Shankster":2pnkj1fe said:
Balham_Green":2pnkj1fe said:
Shankster":2pnkj1fe said:
Everybody stood (I can only assume that because I didnā€™t see anybody sitting from where i was) we did so at our allocated seat.

Best of both worlds, all very well ordered and safe. Not a single steward asked us to sit.

More shame on the stewards. I saw children and old people unables to stand/see. Perhaps they were the lucky ones! I'm 6ft and couldn't see the goal line and our best moment when we hit the post.(apparently ) But as long as you were OK that's the main thing.

You shouldā€™ve remonstrated with those around you standing Dave, if you had no luck with that you shouldā€™ve got a steward and ensured that he got the miscreants seated

Yes as if I am going to get 3,000 to sit down. We did talk to a steward to help find a seat for somebody with a better view. And who is 'Dave'? You are a strange man.

Oct 16, 2016
Balham_Green":qpt35l3o said:
Shankster":qpt35l3o said:
Balham_Green":qpt35l3o said:
Shankster":qpt35l3o said:

Yes as if I am going to get 3,000 to sit down. We did talk to a steward to help find a seat for somebody with a better view. And who is 'Dave'? You are a strange man.

So you are saying that 3000 people were standing in an away following of just over 3000? Hell Dave, thatā€™s shocking

Sep 6, 2006
Shankster":sw7w0vqh said:
Balham_Green":sw7w0vqh said:
Balham_Green":sw7w0vqh said:

So you are saying that 3000 people were standing in an away following of just over 3000? Hell Dave, thatā€™s shocking

As I say you are a strange man.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Balham_Green":50nlvcv6 said:
Shankster":50nlvcv6 said:

That is more to do with the way the stand is constructed than anything else. Everyone being sat down would not have helped you see the goal line. It was probably only the people in the front five rows that could see it, but that's just because of the angle of the stand.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Shoenice":1g4gp69v said:

Lots of pissheads.

Yep, I said in the Brief Synopsis that there were loads of people around me who didn't seem to know any of the players' names, were only interested in shouting 'break his legs!' after the second goal, and were having a debate as to just how sh*t Ryan Taylor and all ginger footballers are.

Add in the result, walking back through hoards of police and the weirdly heavy weather... not an enjoyable day to be honest :sad:

Aug 5, 2015
I think literally everybody stood up. I was in the back row, handy for a quick get away - in fact very quick after yesterdayā€™s dross, and had to stand to see anything.

Oct 24, 2010
Around me there were children who couldn't see, elderly people and someone on crutches forced to stand for the whole match. Of course that doesn't mean anything to the morons who insist on standing and force everybody else to do so as well.

Jul 24, 2009
We were stood literally the whole time, not through choice but because everyone in front of us was and we were only a few rows back. I don't mind - I'm ok either way but not everyone is in the same position. It would be better if the seating was not allocated, if its important to you get there early otherwise take pot luck. Back few rows permitted to stand, sitting down enforced further forward.

Disappointing day but Charlton were massively up for it and the better side on the day.

Apr 5, 2008
Shame about the standing .i didnā€™t go,because Iā€™m unable to stand for very long,as Iā€™m recovering from an operation.

Does it make any difference if you stand anyway,seems it does as the majority stand every game.

Aug 15, 2015
Biggs":3qdtk76u said:
Shoenice":3qdtk76u said:

Lots of pissheads.

Yep, I said in the Brief Synopsis (sponsored by Goldbergs Solicitors) that there were loads of people around me who didn't seem to know any of the players' names, were only interested in shouting 'break his legs!' after the second goal, and were having a debate as to just how sh*t Ryan Taylor and all ginger footballers are.

Add in the result, walking back through hoards of police and the weirdly heavy weather... not an enjoyable day to be honest :sad:

I hadn't been around a group like that before. I looked around me and the people seemed alien. Chavs everywhere.

Oct 16, 2016
How disingenuous to label people in such a way?

I spent all day in London yesterday with lads of all types and backgrounds, all having a few beers, making the most of their weekend away from work. Great fun