Charlton away (sold out) | Page 19 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Charlton away (sold out)

Jan 12, 2011
Exiled in Cornwall
https://www.efl.com/siteassets/efl-documents/ground-regulations-2017-18-efl---final.pdf

12 All persons entering the Ground may only occupy the seat allocated to them by their ticket
and must not move from any one part of the Ground to another without the express
permission or instruction of any steward, officer of the Club and/or any police officer.

13 Nobody may stand in any seating area whilst play is in progress. Persistent standing in
seated areas whilst play is in progress is strictly forbidden
and may result in ejection from
the Ground.

14 The obstruction of gangways, access ways, exits and entrances, stairways and like places
is strictly forbidden. Nobody entering the Ground shall be permitted to climb any structures
within the Ground.

** That is no me, that is the EFL....... its the regulations....... if you purchase a ticket you agree to these Regulations.**

Aug 17, 2005
Three reasons why you should not stand because that is what you wish.
1 it is against the law
2 You have been sold a seat to watch a football match by naming that seat the football club not only have an obligation to you but a legal obligation to fulfill its contract by not ensuring this they have breached the contract
3 it's bad manners and ignorant and says more about you as a person by not sitting

Steamer

✅ Evergreen
Oct 17, 2008
Essex
Dunno what all this fuss is about.
The stewards will either say . . "Sit in allocated seats" in which case allocated seats it is or they will say . . . "Sit where you like" in which case, you sit where you like.
If it turns out to be sit where you like, then best get there early to guarantee your seat . . . late comers squeeze in where you can.
All quite simple and straightforward . . . . except for Pasoti folk !

Oct 16, 2016
I’m hoping someone brings the rule book along tomorrow.

I will demand this when I want to; sit, stand, breathe, fart etc. <thumbs up>

Oct 16, 2016
Allanon":3thvsrd9 said:
Shankster":3thvsrd9 said:

There you go, print off a copy and take it with you, then you will have no excuse.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/ground-regulations
Excuse for sitting, standing, farting etc?

I’ll be ok I reckon. There’s always plenty of bluster on tinternet et al, it never amounts to anything on the day

Sep 30, 2004
Shankster":3ht43fcr said:
Allanon":3ht43fcr said:
Shankster":3ht43fcr said:

There you go, print off a copy and take it with you, then you will have no excuse.

I’ll be ok I reckon. There’s always plenty of bluster on tinternet et al, it never amounts to anything on the day
I think it’s fine to fart Shankster providing if you are in a seating area you don’t stand up to let rip,unless you can time it in the general cacophony following an Argyle goal when most fans stand up and probably some inadvertently fart in the excitement anyway.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Allanon":negp3ugz said:
Shankster":negp3ugz said:

Im looking forward to the stewards attempting to get all 3000 people sat in the seat that is printed on their ticket.

I’m also looking forward to them ejecting every single person that is either stood or not say in their ‘allocated’ seat.

I’m sure it will happen.

Oct 16, 2016
gandalf_the_green":3dbavz2d said:
Shankster":3dbavz2d said:
Allanon":3dbavz2d said:
Shankster":3dbavz2d said:

I think it’s fine to fart Shankster providing if you are in a seating area you don’t stand up to let rip,unless you can time it in the general cacophony following an Argyle goal when most fans stand up and probably some inadvertently fart in the excitement anyway.

Haha

After a skin full of Guinness I’m never sure farting is entirely safe anyway

Oct 6, 2005
Winchester
signalspast":3gh88u6n said:
1 it is against the law
2 You have been sold a seat to watch a football match by naming that seat the football club not only have an obligation to you but a legal obligation to fulfill its contract by not ensuring this they have breached the contract
3 it's bad manners and ignorant and says more about you as a person by not sitting

No it is not. There is no law preventing standing in seated areas.

With regards people talking about Pompey... Pompey are always very clever and leave the very bottom left of the stand unsold for the very reason of people not being able to get to there seats. It's only about 250 seats but it saves so much hassle.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Shankster":g6qxbjyj said:

The core point was one of being considerate to fellow fans who may be unable to stand.

We have seen from your grandstand posts that your attitude seems to be 'if they don't like it, f**k em'.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Sam Barker":ywv13rfm said:
Allanon":ywv13rfm said:
Shankster":ywv13rfm said:

Im looking forward to the stewards attempting to get all 3000 people sat in the seat that is printed on their ticket.

I’m also looking forward to them ejecting every single person that is either stood or not say in their ‘allocated’ seat.

I’m sure it will happen.

The stench of manchildren in that stand tomorrow will be potent. I’m not looking forward to the day at all.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Kevin_Dacombe":n1z21oss said:
signalspast":n1z21oss said:
1 it is against the law

No it is not. There is no law preventing standing in seated areas.

With regards people talking about Pompey... Pompey are always very clever and leave the very bottom left of the stand unsold for the very reason of people not being able to get to there seats. It's only about 250 seats but it saves so much hassle.

So which part of this are you having trouble understanding, particularly point 13?

"12 All persons entering the Ground may only occupy the seat allocated to them by their ticket
and must not move from any one part of the Ground to another without the express
permission or instruction of any steward, officer of the Club and/or any police officer.

13 Nobody may stand in any seating area whilst play is in progress. Persistent standing in
seated areas whilst play is in progress is strictly forbidden and may result in ejection from
the Ground.

14 The obstruction of gangways, access ways, exits and entrances, stairways and like places
is strictly forbidden. Nobody entering the Ground shall be permitted to climb any structures
within the Ground."

Because Argyle allow people in block 3 at HP to ignore the rules they then expect to be able to do the same at away grounds.

It would be interesting to know the official Argyle view as to why the regulations are not being properly enforced. And the ground licensing authority should also have an input on this.