Charlton away (sold out) | Page 22 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Charlton away (sold out)

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Of course, games consisting of a near 300-mile-round trip brings out the ‘chavs’ who don’t give a toss about Argyle. :roll: It was great to see the stand (nearly) full and standing, just a shame that the two early goals suppressed any hopes of an electric atmosphere.

Mar 14, 2009
I was sat near the front.

If l stood, l would of blocked elderly people, less mobile people & smaller kids behind me.So l sat down. It’s not a case of not wanting to stand. It’s just selfish though if l did what I wanted and not thought about how it affects those behind me.

Yet that is what the debate seems to me. I want to stand. So l will. And stuff everyone else. Kind of sad times not to think how your actions impact others.

Jun 2, 2016
Metal_Green_Mickey":1slp512x said:

If l stood, l would have blocked elderly people, less mobile people & smaller kids behind me.So l sat down. It’s not a case of not wanting to stand. It’s just selfish though if l did what I wanted and not thought about how it affects those behind me.

Yet that is what the debate seems to me. I want to stand. So l will. And stuff everyone else. Kind of sad times not to think how your actions impact others.
Walking around the Jimmy Seed stand and seeing young fans standing, or very young fans standing on seats,and others standing in the middle or sitting on the sides with no issues.. Don't recognise your description of yesterday at all. Almost like you've got an agenda.

Mar 14, 2009
the_corkscrew":2rixmqod said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2rixmqod said:

If l stood, l would have blocked elderly people, less mobile people & smaller kids behind me.So l sat down. It’s not a case of not wanting to stand. It’s just selfish though if l did what I wanted and not thought about how it affects those behind me.

Walking around the Jimmy Seed stand and seeing young fans standing, or very young fans standing on seats,and others standing in the middle or sitting on the sides with no issues.. Don't recognise your description of yesterday at all. Almost like you've got an agenda.

Eh? I said if l have stood that is what would of happened, which is why l didn’t. It’s other people saying others were standing. Not me. So how can l have the agenda. If it’s true, l just think it’s selfish point of view given EVERYONE can’t stand up.

If you read the previous page then a number of fans have described the standing situation they experienced, which you said you didn’t.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Metal_Green_Mickey":2v3d0wni said:

Agreed.

For all the inconsideration of individuals though, the current system is madness. Football needs to prioritise safe standing way above silliness like VAR. Then people who want to stand can stand, people who want to sit can sit. Rather than this bizarre halfway house in which there is an unwritten rule that if most people are standing in a seating area it’s fine and stewards won’t intervene.

I understand Liverpool fans have come out in favour of safe standing, which is a massive step considering their history and the opposition of the Hillsborough families.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
In the row in front of me (that would be row E) there were five peed up lads standing in the space for three seats. They stood up from arrival with just a minute or two to kick off until about thirty minutes into the first half forcing everyone behind them to stand up whether they wanted to or not. At thirty minutes, they decided to bugger off for a beer. They got back five minutes after the start of the second half again forcing all behind to stand. One of them then proceeded to fall asleep standing up and then all five left again about thirty minutes into the second half. They were not interested in the game, just getting even more peed than they were when they arrived and singing obscenities about the ground, the opposition and anything else that came into their booze-addled brains. This is why there needs to be some way of establishing who wishes to stand and who wishes to sit and then allocating seats accordingly: sitters from the front of the stand and standers from the back of the stand. Just acknowledge that this situation exists and sell tickets accordingly. Please!

Sep 6, 2006
the_corkscrew":3madjufv said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3madjufv said:

You are obviously daft if you can't see the problem with it.

Mar 18, 2014
there were a few people in wheelchairs who could see sod all. The stewards had to move them in with the home fans. How inconsiderate for people to turn up wheelchairs!! Don't the selfish so-and-so's realise you are meant to stand in a seating area, and f**k everyone who would prefer to sit?

Oct 16, 2016
The disabled section (wheelchair) at many grounds is often shared. The generally feeling is that you don’t need to separate persons using wheelchairs

Jun 2, 2016
Vampires11":1ee2ynte said:
there were a few people in wheelchairs who could see sod all. The stewards had to move them in with the home fans. How inconsiderate for people to turn up wheelchairs!! Don't the selfish so-and-so's realise you are meant to stand in a seating area, and f**k everyone who would prefer to sit?

Are you saying that you.:
Organised wheelchair access in advance?
That the wheelchair area is not at the very front, but is situated where other supporters are even in front of them?
That those supporters then stood up?
Really?

Apr 6, 2009
my 4 year old son couldn't see even standing on a chair. we lifted him periodically but he's heavy so couldn't the whole game. at one point he was crying that he couldn't see. steward said he couldn't do anything as everyone he tells to sit says I can't unless you make the row in front sit etc. I get that's hard but the least they could do is try and find us somewhere he could see. only 5 pounds but a complete waste. I couldn't see the goal line so could only tell what was happening due to groans or cheers but that seems to more design related and I'm not sure sitting would have helped.

unallocated seating would have helped.

that being said a guy near us started hitting people with his walking stick quite forcibly to try and make them sit. luckily for him he missed hitting my son but only by a few inches. I know he was frustrated but it is disgraceful.

Have to say, I was really looking forward to this game, but it was my least favourite away game this season (performance aside).

Lots of drunken idiots, the one beside me spent 30 minutes ranting and swearing at all around that we were a bunch of C's for not singing enough.

Thankfully he got warned twice by the stewards and eventually wound his neck in.

We were in row F and couldn't see a thing, so moved at half time to the wheel chair spaces between the two tiers (my friend is sight impaired, so it was even harder for them), however the move was a waste of time, as a group of drunk guys came back 5 minutes after the 2nd half kicked off and took their places in the row in front of us, they were standing but it was fine ad we could still see some of the game, until 2 of them decided this wasn't good enough and that they would stand on their seats.

I go to most away games and always stand if I'm able to without disrupting anyone's else enjoyment, but sadly it seemed yesterday a lot of people couldn't give a flying one.

Hate to sound elitist, but it's unfortunate that with larger crowds there is a larger element of idiots.

Jul 12, 2016
Unfortunately this is indicative of the world we live in. No thought for others, get drunk to enjoy anything and ignore the rules.I've had the same experience at music concerts. Pathetic how inconsiderate some people can be.

Jan 6, 2004
Clearly luck of the draw as to where you sat, we didn't encounter any bad behaviour really - yes everyone was standing, but that, while not ideal, is very common for big away matches. I actually think the 300-400 odd who go to most away games almost feel like their private hobby is being crashed when we have a large away following but apart from the impossibility of getting a half time beer large rowdy away followings are fine with me.

Apr 6, 2009
Green_Flash":4fxjxraj said:
Clearly luck of the draw as to where you sat, we didn't encounter any bad behaviour really - yes everyone was standing, but that, while not ideal, is very common for big away matches. I actually think the 300-400 odd who go to most away games almost feel like their private hobby is being crashed when we have a large away following but apart from the impossibility of getting a half time beer large rowdy away followings are fine with me.

The biggest problem with this match is it was clear before we even went people wanted to stand. If they'd had unallocated seating those who wanted to stand could have stood at the back and those who wanted to sit could near the front.
Why should I pay for a ticket and then have my son in tears that he can't see because everyone wants to stand (this was not just us, i'm sure there were lots of similar situations). I like to sit near the back at home park but understand that at away games i try to sit further down for this exact reason