Charlton away (sold out) | Page 18 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Charlton away (sold out)

Mar 22, 2018
Alright lads, seen there’s a few tickets left for this one and was looking to take my 85 year old grandad to the game. Problem is that there’s no way he could stand for the whole game. Wondering if we’d be better off trying to nab a seat at the front or going in the home end and avoiding potential chaos. Obviously, he’d much prefer to be in amongst the Argyle fans, just wondering if anyone had any advice. Many Thanks

Oct 16, 2016
Perhaps a continuous Mexican wave throughout the match, sitters and standers get the best of both worlds?

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
fkelle11":2q6nqbra said:
Alright lads, seen there’s a few tickets left for this one and was looking to take my 85 year old grandad to the game. Problem is that there’s no way he could stand for the whole game. Wondering if we’d be better off trying to nab a seat at the front or going in the home end and avoiding potential chaos. Obviously, he’d much prefer to be in amongst the Argyle fans, just wondering if anyone had any advice. Many Thanks

Hobson's choice. You'd be lucky to get any ticket in the away end for Saturday.

German Shepherd":2q6nqbra said:
If an 80 year old asks you to sit down so they can watch the match then you sit down.
If a 17-year old asks, you sit down too!

Apr 6, 2009
away games where you can't choose your seat make everything crazy. problem is there's the sitting standing debate which happens every year and everyone pretty much agrees the answer is sit at the front stand at the back. but given you can't choose your seat those that complain about the standard and rightly so if an elderly or child can't see are also the same people complaining you should sit in your allocated see.

for away games where you can't choose your seat you can't have both. either people sit where they want but you get there earlier to get more choice. or you sit in allocated seating but there will be arguments about sitting and standing.

tomorrow I'm going with 2 under 11s. I like to stand but if I sit too near the back they won't see if everyone is standing. our seats that we couldn't choose are near the back. generally everyone is considerate everywhere I've been if you speak yo them but the simplest answer is for us to sit midway near the front of the standers so we can all see. but that depends on people not getting precious about their allocated seat that they had no input in choosing

greenteign

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
♣️ Teign Valley Greens
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Dec 27, 2016
Just managed to get a couple of tickets for me and my 11-year old son. It is collection from the Box Office - is that the Argyle box office or the Charlton one - can anyone tell me? Thanks. :scarf:

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
When I bought my ticket and stated I would collect I was told I need to collect by 3pm on Friday or else they would be sent up to Charlton to be collected there. However if I were you I'd just call Argyle ticket office to confirm.

greenteign

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
♣️ Teign Valley Greens
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Dec 27, 2016
Cheers derbygreen I'll give them a call this morning.

Jan 6, 2004
katkin":2jzra3f5 said:
away games where you can't choose your seat make everything crazy. problem is there's the sitting standing debate which happens every year and everyone pretty much agrees the answer is sit at the front stand at the back. but given you can't choose your seat those that complain about the standard and rightly so if an elderly or child can't see are also the same people complaining you should sit in your allocated see.

for away games where you can't choose your seat you can't have both. either people sit where they want but you get there earlier to get more choice. or you sit in allocated seating but there will be arguments about sitting and standing.

tomorrow I'm going with 2 under 11s. I like to stand but if I sit too near the back they won't see if everyone is standing. our seats that we couldn't choose are near the back. generally everyone is considerate everywhere I've been if you speak yo them but the simplest answer is for us to sit midway near the front of the standers so we can all see. but that depends on people not getting precious about their allocated seat that they had no input in choosing

Sorry but there is no dilemma. It might be better standing but, assuming allocated seating, given you can virtually be assured that if everybody stands some will not be able to see, unless you are right at the back you need to sit. Simple as that.

And it is not question of being "precious" about allocated seating. If the stand is nearly full ignoring allocated seating causes chaos because there will be empty seats dotted around that people will not be able to find.

Apr 6, 2009
they need to start giving some choice. our seats aren't all together as they said they couldn't give a group of 6 together so it isn't as black and white as that though
I expect tomorrow people will sit wherever. at pompey they said allocated but on arrival to our seats people were stood in them. so we sat elsewhere and so on. wasn't really a problem

Apr 6, 2009
Green_Flash":2z4xbydh said:
katkin":2z4xbydh said:

Sorry but there is no dilemma. It might be better standing but, assuming allocated seating, given you can virtually be assured that if everybody stands some will not be able to see, unless you are right at the back you need to sit. Simple as that.

And it is not question of being "precious" about allocated seating. If the stand is nearly full ignoring allocated seating causes chaos because there will be empty seats dotted around that people will not be able to find.

but no-one chose who is right at the back

Jan 6, 2004
katkin":acj7lo4z said:
Green_Flash":acj7lo4z said:
katkin":acj7lo4z said:

but no-one chose who is right at the back

I realise that, but only if you are at the back can you stand without being sure you are not obstructing people. Really this is all about peoples right to stand should not trump other peoples right to see. It is not ideal but if the choice is one or the other, as it is with allocated but unchosen seats in a full stand, we should all sit.

Jan 6, 2004
katkin":2tr6vrek said:
they need to start giving some choice. our seats aren't all together as they said they couldn't give a group of 6 together so it isn't as black and white as that though
I expect tomorrow people will sit wherever. at pompey they said allocated but on arrival to our seats people were stood in them. so we sat elsewhere and so on. wasn't really a problem

Our last visit to Pompey was nothing like full, which is why it wasn't a problem, the year before when it was full it was a problem and some people had to mill on the steps for the whole game.

Apr 6, 2009
I didn't make it this season to pompey so was talking about the last season actually.

and yes I know people standing shouldn't block people's view but if they can't choose their seats then why should they get less enjoyment when they could go to the back and stand which would be respectful.

Jan 6, 2004
katkin":mihkgw4l said:
I didn't make it this season to pompey so was talking about the last season actually.

and yes I know people standing shouldn't block people's view but if they can't choose their seats then why should they get less enjoyment when they could go to the back and stand which would be respectful.

Because people getting "less enjoyment" by sitting rather than standing pales into insignificance compared to people who will not be able to see at all (usually the elderly, the infirm and children) if people are standing in front of them. It is simply a matter of thinking of others rather than "why should I get less enjoyment?".