Charlton away (sold out) | Page 17 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Charlton away (sold out)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
BradCobbs":39hngcnw said:
Every club stands at away games. It's just what happens.
I completely understand/appreciate some people can't stand for what ever reason, but if their "seat" that they haven't chosen is at the back, why should everyone have to sit.
It's more down to being able to sit/stand where you want. Having an option to chose that would benefit everyone.

It is a regular seat like any other, don't call it a "seat" as if it's somehow not really one :lol:

It's complete rubbish that everyone stands at all away games, it just seems to happen at the really big ones. Like Pompey away last season, and seemingly this one too.

It's very simple... sitting at a football game is currently the default and legal position, not the other way round. I have no problem standing if I have to, but to argue that it's some sort of right is completely wrong. And to suggest that an elderly fan is somehow spoiling it for everyone else by daring to want a view of the game, is even worse.

pafc cobbie08

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Nov 16, 2008
Hampshire
Biggs":28c4e8n2 said:
BradCobbs":28c4e8n2 said:
I completely understand/appreciate some people can't stand for what ever reason, but if their "seat" that they haven't chosen is at the back, why should everyone have to sit.
It's more down to being able to sit/stand where you want. Having an option to chose that would benefit everyone.

It is a regular seat like any other, don't call it a "seat" as if it's somehow not really one :lol:

It's complete rubbish that everyone stands at all away games, it just seems to happen at the really big ones. Like Pompey away last season, and seemingly this one too.

It's very simple... sitting at a football game is currently the default and legal position, not the other way round. I have no problem standing if I have to, but to argue that it's some sort of right is completely wrong. And to suggest that an elderly fan is somehow spoiling it for everyone else by daring to want a view of the game, is even worse.

Every "proper" club stand at away games, fact.

It's a good job I didn't suggest that really then isn't it. If you read my comment properly you'd see that my issue is with being able to pick your seats. (Back - stand. Front - sit)

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
It is away day etiquette to stand. Always has been, always will be. Sadly, as is always the case when we take a large following anywhere, the day trippers will probably sit on their hands and contribute nothing to the atmosphere. It’s always the case, especially at Portsmouth. But , granted, it’s common courtesy to sit just because others don’t have the sense to sit down the front. It’s all about cherishing that precious view from at the back I suppose...

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London

I don't know what that statement means. The vast majority of Argyle away games I go to - Pompey and Liverpool away being the notable exceptions, as well as AFC Wimbledon etc - there are usually a few people standing but most fans are sitting for the majority of the match.

Are Argyle not a proper club or am I not a proper fan? I'm confused now.

Edit... Ah, I see what I really am is a day tripper, thanks Fergy :thumbup:

Sep 27, 2017
BradCobbs":1226gt4u said:
Biggs":1226gt4u said:
BradCobbs":1226gt4u said:

It's a good job I didn't suggest that really then isn't it. If you read my comment properly you'd see that my issue is with being able to pick your seats. (Back - stand. Front - sit)
Too right mate, don’t worry about the moaners on here, stand and make an atmosphere.

The away day will be all the better for it.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Green_Flash":1ypdaxws said:
If the stand is nearly full then it will need to be allocated seating, it is a nightmare when people sit where they want in a full stand, there are arguments all over the place, friends and family end up not being able to sit together and inevitably a load of people don't get seats (because it is impossible to spot empty seats dotted around randomly) and end up hanging around in the aisles.

Agree! It's fine for those that get there early, but for latecomers it can be an absolute nightmare.
If it's an all-seater area with allocated seating then that's what it should be! If it's obvious that there'll be plenty of empty seats then there can be a degree of flexibility I guess, otherwise it's selfish and self-important for some fans to think that just because they don't want to sit in their allocated seats then they can force other fans out of theirs.
Hopefully safe standing for away fans will be possible at all clubs in the future but I won't hold my breath!
But I do agree regarding choosing ones own seat - why can't away fans do this if home fans can?

pafc cobbie08

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Nov 16, 2008
Hampshire
Terraces":28byt0z9 said:
BradCobbs":28byt0z9 said:
Biggs":28byt0z9 said:
BradCobbs":28byt0z9 said:

Too right mate, don’t worry about the moaners on here, stand and make an atmosphere.

I'm not worried, I'll always do my bit. Was just trying to enlighten those who don't understand.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Last word from me on this one, as it's clearly hijacking the thread... But the following situation is what I have a problem with.

A passionate 80-year-old Argyle fan really wants to come to this game and support their team. They do everything right, buy their ticket as everyone else has done, travel up and go to their allocated seat on the ticket.

They are then surrounded by young fans who are clearly going to be standing the whole game, which very quickly becomes a very unpleasant situation as this fan simply cannot physically stand for long periods and see the game. Also an intimidating one because they are outnumbered and probably don't want to say anything. I personally saw many similar situations at Pompey and Anfield last season.

Now the big problem there is with the system. There should be standing sections and you should be able to pick your seat. BUT as standing is technically illegal, it's completely wrong that the elderly fan should be put in that situation by fellow fans. They simply are not 'in the wrong' as lots of posters in this thread would have you believe. And of course this may also apply to children, women and any number of people who cannot or don't want to stand.

This 'proper fan' and 'proper club' stuff is rubbish, if you're knowingly blocking the view of one of these people you're a twit.

Apr 20, 2011
Tetbury
Biggs":3p5vcsyc said:
Last word from me on this one, as it's clearly hijacking the thread... But the following situation is what I have a problem with.

A passionate 80-year-old Argyle fan really wants to come to this game and support their team. They do everything right, buy their ticket as everyone else has done, travel up and go to their allocated seat on the ticket.

They are then surrounded by young fans who are clearly going to be standing the whole game, which very quickly becomes a very unpleasant situation as this fan simply cannot physically stand for long periods and see the game. Also an intimidating one because they are outnumbered and probably don't want to say anything. I personally saw many similar situations at Pompey and Anfield last season.

Now the big problem there is with the system. There should be standing sections and you should be able to pick your seat. BUT as standing is technically illegal, it's completely wrong that the elderly fan should be put in that situation by fellow fans. They simply are not 'in the wrong' as lots of posters in this thread would have you believe. And of course this may also apply to children, women and any number of people who cannot or don't want to stand.

This 'proper fan' and 'proper club' stuff is rubbish, if you're knowingly blocking the view of one of these people you're a twit.

100% agree with you. No fan is more important than any other.

Sep 20, 2003
Terraces":36f4d5ng said:
BradCobbs":36f4d5ng said:
Biggs":36f4d5ng said:
BradCobbs":36f4d5ng said:

Too the detriment of people like my Mother? Say's more about you and society than anything else.

Nov 3, 2006
BradCobbs":7l1wh0te said:
Terraces":7l1wh0te said:
The atmosphere is better when people stand.

And that’s a fact.

Agree. Sit at front, stand at back.

Dec 2, 2010
Charlton season ticket holder told me today that he thinks it is highly unlikely that we'll be told to sit in seats allocated. It will be channelling people in to wherever there is space based on arrival. Apparently that's what happened with Pompey who had the away end plus some of the East Stand.

Oct 16, 2016
I wish I never mentioned siting/ standing

Me mar said I could start an argument in an empty house, she was right......