Centre Back issue... (merged) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Centre Back issue... (merged)

Aug 5, 2016
arrythewurzel":29g8o2hl said:
Afraid DA has made his bed and we have to lie in it.

I understand from friends of Sonny that he wasn’t asking the earth just a reasonable rise from the league 2 wage he’d been stuck on. He was keen to stay and thought the clubs offer was derisory. An insult in fact. So we let a kingpin of our team go and pick up a couple of players who’s careers have taken a dip post serious injury. It beggars beliefa.

think that decision is going to cost a lot of people dearly ..... how we let a player like that slip away is beyond me. He was one to break the wage structure for and literally would have headed a brick for the cause of his team. These sorts of decisions leave you feeling we’ll never quite make the promised land .... ever!

Well Sonny is hardly going to say 'my wage demands were a pisstake to be honest, but I thought I'd try it. Luton were always keen anyway'.

The best person to ask on how much a CB costs at this level is DA.

He's managed Nelson, Hartley, Sokolik, Bulvitis, Bradley, Vyner, Songo'o....only one of those is left and the others were not as irreplaceable as they thought.

Adams gets good form out of his defenders, once he finds his settled back line we will see a run of clean sheets, I'm certain.

Oct 16, 2016
JannerinCardiff":3h47w5ar said:
Shankster":3h47w5ar said:
Centre back issue....that’s far too simplistic, teams defend as a team. When the ball is spat back towards your goal because the midfield can’t keep it you remove all confidence from the defenders and keeper, we’ve all seen that if you’ve watched football at any standard.

I disagree, we seriously lack a CB that isn’t slow and can pass.. makes me wonder why we brought in Peter Grant if Sawyer is the newest thought at CB. Does that make Grant 6th choice CB behind Eddy, Wooton, Canavan, Sawyer and Songo’o ?

Nonsense, but that isn’t unusual in regards opinions at PAFC

Sep 6, 2006
Shankster":2xgv83hj said:
JannerinCardiff":2xgv83hj said:
Shankster":2xgv83hj said:
Centre back issue....that’s far too simplistic, teams defend as a team. When the ball is spat back towards your goal because the midfield can’t keep it you remove all confidence from the defenders and keeper, we’ve all seen that if you’ve watched football at any standard.

I disagree, we seriously lack a CB that isn’t slow and can pass.. makes me wonder why we brought in Peter Grant if Sawyer is the newest thought at CB. Does that make Grant 6th choice CB behind Eddy, Wooton, Canavan, Sawyer and Songo’o ?

Whst is nonsense about it? Hes right but you are also correct about giving the ball away all the time and the whole team defending including the striker closing down opposing defenders

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Balham_Green":20nhbsbp said:
Shankster":20nhbsbp said:
JannerinCardiff":20nhbsbp said:
Shankster":20nhbsbp said:

Whst is nonsense about it? Hes right but you are also correct about giving the ball away all the time and the whole team defending including the striker closing down opposing defenders
Exactly my thoughts when reading it. It wasn't nonsense at all. Their opinions don't really contradict each other and they are both right.

Sep 6, 2006
Argy1e":117tyvz1 said:
Balham_Green":117tyvz1 said:
Shankster":117tyvz1 said:
JannerinCardiff":117tyvz1 said:
Shankster":117tyvz1 said:

Exactly my thoughts when reading it. It wasn't nonsense at all. Their opinions don't really contradict each other and they are both right.

Indeed. But obviously Shankster is an expert on defending. Perhaps he has the Uefa coaching license.

Sep 6, 2006
WOOTON Has a good pedigree but then had a serious injury ACL. Perhaps not the same player. Regular in MK Dons relegated team!
CAN AVAN Released by Rochdale having played very few games last season. Hill is a good manager who rarely gets it wrong.
GRANT Released by Falkirk. Way below our level.
Need I say more.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
And it shows.

We played our LB as CB and retained our last seasons CB to partner him.

What a compete waste of time, money and effort.

I just hope one or 2 of them are on 6 month contracts.

Worth bringing in a young CB from our youth?

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Very poor recruitment IMHO and not a patch on the outgoing stars ( in comparison )

Oh for Oscar, Bradley and Vyner now.

Biggest problem is the complete lack of pace but they don't even dominate in the air to make up for it

Aug 11, 2013
Grant also did his ACL and from a google search you’ll find many references to him being a shadow of his former self ...

Sep 6, 2006
Acl used to be career ending injury. Now possible to recover from but players often not the same especially regarding pace.

R

rdr123

Balham_Green":2t7xljjr said:
WOOTON Has a good pedigree but then had a serious injury ACL. Perhaps not the same player. Regular in MK Dons relegated team!
CAN AVAN Released by Rochdale having played very few games last season. Hill is a good manager who rarely gets it wrong.
Need I say more.

There's a good reason why none of these players were in the starting 11 yesterday. Basically we've signed rubbish players!

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
rdr123":p9wf41pt said:
Balham_Green":p9wf41pt said:
Need I say more.

There's a good reason why none of these players were in the starting 11 yesterday. Basically we've signed rubbish players!
Worth mentioning the main reason Canavan barely played is actually because he was out injured for most of the season.

Jan 27, 2012
I respect Adams, but he's made a mistake with these signings. I just hope they are on 1-year deals and hopefully he can bring in some quality in january (as well as shipping some rubbish out). Its a serious problem.

Why he signed Grant is a mystery- as Sawyer and Songo'o are ahead of him at centre back I wonder if he will ever kick a ball for the first team ?

Are there any youngsters that look decent (and quick) that could be used ?