Camara made available for transfer | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Camara made available for transfer

Aug 27, 2016
What happened to all the kissing of the badge and how I love it here and I love the fans ,all now seems a load of nonsense. We get this all the time from players but when money comes calling loyalty goes out the window.No good saying it’s his agent who is holding sway,Camara himself must have the final say and that is obviously that he wants away.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
What always gets said?
I am reminded of the saying 'the King is dead, long live the King'. I am not of course saying Pan is expired but believe me there will be a good midfield player coming in to replace him, knowing the management team's extensive networking. It may even improve Broom's chances of a permanent contract being offered.

Feb 23, 2008
What happened to all the kissing of the badge and how I love it here and I love the fans ,all now seems a load of nonsense. We get this all the time from players but when money comes calling loyalty goes out the window.No good saying it’s his agent who is holding sway,Camara himself must have the final say and that is obviously that he wants away.
This comes up time and again when a player leaves, the club is just an employer and the player is just an employee, they've both got money to make and loyalty only really ever comes from fans.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2009
London
Good to see us publicly showing some backbone. Nobody is bigger than the club.

Kind of feels to me like the opposite - that the club are demonstrating a lack of backbone.

A key player has a year to go on his contract. A whole season.

But they're taking the easy option and getting rid of him, prepared to let him go for a fraction of what he's worth.

Just reeks of small-mindedness.

Oct 19, 2021
Can’t blame him at all for not tying himself to a new contract. He’s now 25 and approaching the prime of his career so quite understandable that he would want to go somewhere where he can earn considerably more. It’s a short career after all.

We don’t want good players to leave on free transfers and the likelihood is that Pan wouldn’t be as effective next season when he knows he would be leaving in the summer, he’s only human after all no matter how professional he is.

Reactions: saxman
Dec 14, 2008
Plymouth
If Broom ends up being Pans replacement then IMO we really have no ambition of getting promoted. He's a hard worker but doesn't have the physicality or defensive abilities of Pan. To be honest he's not really any better going forward. Only thing he probably has over Pan is finishing and even then I'm don't think his is good enough.

Reactions: arrythewurzel
Feb 23, 2008
Kind of feels to me like the opposite - that the club are demonstrating a lack of backbone.

A key player has a year to go on his contract. A whole season.

But they're taking the easy option and getting rid of him, prepared to let him go for a fraction of what he's worth.

Just reeks of small-mindedness.
I thought it was pretty much standard practice?

Peterborough have the same policy which is why Broom is listed.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
This comes up time and again when a player leaves, the club is just an employer to and the player is just an employee, they've both got money to make and loyalty only really ever comes from fans.
He isn’t a mate or a girlfriend. It’s possible to love the club but then want to play somewhere else for the sake of your careee. Will Cooper get this stick if he gets a good deal? I suspect not because we’d be proud that ‘one of our own’ has gone into better things. Players come and players go. Love them while they are here. Move on when they are not

Jul 28, 2020
Shades of Akos Buzsacks transfer to QPR many years ago ( when it became clear Akos wasn’t going to stay).

Much as I like Panutche ( and I voted him “ player of the season”) it’s “ thanks for the memories” and it’s a very sensible policy, to take the transfer money for our asset , and then to re-invest it in the next panutche camara.....whoever he may be....

Reactions: HerthaBSC
May 8, 2011
Seems odd that Argyle have made this public on their website as they haven’t for George Cooper.
Almost suggests we will take the first offer at whatever price. Of course Camara could always turn that Club down.

Feb 23, 2008
He isn’t a mate or a girlfriend. It’s possible to love the club but then want to play somewhere else for the sake of your careee. Will Cooper get this stick if he gets a good deal? I suspect not because we’d be proud that ‘one of our own’ has gone into better things. Players come and players go. Love them while they are here. Move on when they are not
Exactly, but money nearly always comes up trumps unless there are other factors like a settled family etc.

Not sure I understand the mate or girlfriend analogy. The more I read your post the more I think we're agreeing, as of in he or the club aren't really doing much wrong?

Reactions: kimbo