Camara made available for transfer | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Camara made available for transfer

jthep

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Apr 28, 2011
Also of course it is possible that the agent is the block and the move is a message to PC that it really is decision time. Time will tell but better to deal with this now than let it drift until the end of June.

I love PCs contribution but he is not perfect and he can be replaced - and the club will have its lists well prepared

Apr 4, 2004
What else can we do. If he's not going to stay, we have to sell him. Can't blame him. He wants to move up the food chain so all we can do is cash in. Big miss for us but hopefully any fee we get will help us replace him.

Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
Unfortunately this is another example of modern day football where cash is king. The club are spot on with there approach to the situation. Best to get him gone now, rather than have a soap opera all summer.

Mar 16, 2009
London
I'm a fan of Simon Hallett and think the club have got a lot right in the last few years.

But this worries me.

We can't keep calculating a player's value simply on whether we get a fee for him or not.

We have to be cleverer than that if we want real progress.

At some point we need to build a team around a core spine of three or four exceptional players.

I'm not sure that will ever happen if we look to disgard players who still have a year left on their contract, because it's the easy option.

People cite Peterborough as a role model of this policy.

They're, at best, a yo-yo club between tiers 2 and 3.

Seems to me like we need a new role model.

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: Allanon
Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
Have I missed something? He rarely scores. His passing is poor. He often wins the ball back, but usually after giving it away! Yes, like Mayor, he gets us up the pitch, but he is replaceable.
Clearly valued by the club who offered an improved contract. However, as you say not many goals & we need more from midfield.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I think we have to be realistic about our chances of promotion, looking at the size of clubs we're competing and the funds they have available, which we will always struggle to match. It'll take an exceptional season with all the planets aligning. Meanwhile to be honest I'm happy to watch good quality, competitive football against decent teams.
Ipswich, Derby, Wednesday, Bolton, Pompey, Charlton, Sunderland possibly, Peterborough, Barnsley, Oxford, Exeter and Bristol Rovers for starters. There ought to be sufficient good quality, competitive football next season but as you say a big ask to emulate this season when League 1 is currently so strong.
Absolutely the correct decision with regard to Pan though. I have no idea whether we might get 250k or 750k, probably nearer the former but he is worth next to nothing in 7 or 8 months time. The club clearly feel a fee can be used better for the team overall.

May 22, 2006
Guess Pan was on £2k to £3k pw. We might offer to double but he could earn x4 or x5 elsewhere. Who would turn down such an opportunity. Can’t blame Pan. But Argyle still hold the upper hand that he is under contract. Listening to offers, should be in the region of £1m - peanuts to a championship club. If clubs are offering £3m for Scott Twine, it doesn’t seem totally unreasonable.

Would Crawley have a sell on clause? We need a proper Plymouth price on this one.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Big big opportunity for Randell I think this also young Alfie has been bought for something we may already have the replacement amongst our mist

I personally think Argyle are expecting big things of the boy Jenkins in 2 or 3 years time

Reactions: subbuteo

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Kind of feels to me like the opposite - that the club are demonstrating a lack of backbone.

A key player has a year to go on his contract. A whole season.

But they're taking the easy option and getting rid of him, prepared to let him go for a fraction of what he's worth.

Just reeks of small-mindedness.

Easy option? You sure? Surely easy option would be let him stay for the next season then lose him for nothing next summer.

Best of doing it this way then we get some money for him.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Justin that is plain naive. From Xmas 2022 Pan would be free to chat to other clubs, if he gets promised 20k a week plus a nice signing on fee - what guarantee do we have that we will see the 100% guy we see every Saturday now, he wouldn't be the first or last to turn it in and preserve themselves.
By Argyle going public, it creates the opportunity for clubs his agent hasn't contacted to know he is available. The best thing for us is 3 or 4 clubs clambering to sign him, that gives us the best opportunity to get our best deal possible.
It's not perfect, the transfer system isn't, the club have to play the game, same as agents and players.
Of course a fully committed Pan giving his all, for a full season injury free would be fantastic, but we get no promises or guarantees with this wish.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Guess Pan was on £2k to £3k pw. We might offer to double but he could earn x4 or x5 elsewhere. Who would turn down such an opportunity. Can’t blame Pan. But Argyle still hold the upper hand that he is under contract. Listening to offers, should be in the region of £1m - peanuts to a championship club. If clubs are offering £3m for Scott Twine, it doesn’t seem totally unreasonable.

Would Crawley have a sell on clause? We need a proper Plymouth price on this one.

Don’t think they have because he was a free transfer

Reactions: Bwb1989

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Fans get emotionally attached to players- but football is a business & Argyle have to protect themselves
Argyle probably knew weeks ago how the situation with Pan would develop & no doubt in the background they have identified possible targets if & when Pan moves on
I would rather Argyle were in control of the situation instead of being left high & dry by a player who either strings us along promising to sign a contract or leaves at the end of his contract for nothing
This way the club are in control & it should be applauded

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Big big opportunity for Randell I think this also young Alfie has been bought for something we may already have the replacement amongst our mist

I personally think Argyle are expecting big things of the boy Jenkins in 2 or 3 years time

What Schumacher said when we signed Lewis in the summer "He is a player we highlighted in the summer and we feel he is one we can develop and hope he can be a big player for us now and in the future."