Camara made available for transfer | Page 34 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Camara made available for transfer

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
As with everything, things are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.

I really cant see him playing regularly in the Championship. League one is his ceiling imo.

I actually think that Randell is a much better prospect. Can pick a pass, good at set pieces, strong on the ball, good vision/balance, composed on the ball and has a decent engine. He also wins his fair share of aerial battles which indicates to me that he can pick out the flight of the ball very quickly which is a skill a lot of footballers don't have.

I wouldn't bat an eyelid if Camara went but I would be a bit cheesed off if they let Randell go. He is a player.

So hypothetically Sunderland buy Camera off us for £50,000. You wouldn't bat an eyelid? I certainly would.

Reactions: notwop
Sep 6, 2006
Fair points. I think if you’re paying for the potential that Pan has got in respect of his attributes that are super human being his fitness, ability to win the ball and bring it forward then he’s a million pound player in my eyes - as I’ve hardly seen any player ever at any level do the things he can do.

He doesn’t do it every match tho and he does have some weaknesses regarding his shooting but perhaps this could be improved through coaching.

In taking the whole Pan package with his pluses and minuses/ he’s certainly an excellent player and one I think we would miss so I think his value should be somewhere around the £250-350k mark. If we don’t receive a bud in that region it probably better we don’t sell as at least we’ll have a great player for another year on lesser wages.
Absolutely no point selling him for 250 k. That's just loose change these days. Means nothing to Championship clubs.

Sep 2, 2008
So hypothetically Sunderland buy Camera off us for £50,000. You wouldn't bat an eyelid? I certainly would.
So, hypothetically, you actually think Camara is good enough to play in a Sunderland side that has just reached the Championship?

You really do have an over inflated view on how good he is. Are you his agent?

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Absolutely no point selling him for 250 k. That's just loose change these days. Means nothing to Championship clubs.
I don’t disagree. I’d be gutted if Pan went for less than £300k tbh.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
So, hypothetically, you actually think Camara is good enough to play in a Sunderland side that has just reached the Championship?

Its not an inflated view, I think Pan could certainly play in the championship - I’m not alone in thinking Pan would be fine at championship level. And no, I’m not his agent so no need to be condescending. Thought this was a forum for opinions.

• Haha
Reactions: Lancastergreen
Sep 6, 2006

Much worse players than Camara have played in Championship. Some of them for Argyle! (unnecessary personal attack comment removed - admin)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 2, 2008
Its not an inflated view, I think Pan could certainly play in the championship - I’m not alone in thinking Pan would be fine at championship level. And no, I’m not his agent so no need to be condescending. Thought this was a forum for opinions.
Wasn't being condescending at all. If you took it as such then its you that has the problem.

I actually dont know you from Adam and so I thought it was a fair question to ask especially as you seem to have such a blinkered view of the player.

Sep 2, 2008
Eh? I don't see any personal abuse. Well, I don't feel I have been abused anyway. Thanks for looking out for me though Merv (y)

Dec 25, 2021
Selling Pan for £300k would pay the wages of 3 very decent players at this level. Factor in his own wages and that is 4 players.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Talking figures but have we actually had any offers yet?

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
None as far as I’m aware.
Excalty.

We’re talking like we are negotiating how much to accept when in fact we haven’t had a single (publicised) genuine offer yet .

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Excalty.

We’re talking like we are negotiating how much to accept when in fact we haven’t had a single (publicised) genuine offer yet .

I don’t think we will get an offer personally. I see Pan starting this season coming in an Argyle shirt. Maybe his agent (new era global sports) think he’s better than he actually is and no offers will come in at all and Pan will be with us for at least another season. Thing is at the end of next season Pan will be 26 and unless he plays really well (5 goals in 40 games last season wasn’t great tbh for an attacking midfielder) he may well have limited options looking to sign him. Maybe Pan should have signed that improved contract from us before we took it away…