Camara made available for transfer | Page 27 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Camara made available for transfer

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
How do you 'relate' Argyle's contract offer to a transfer fee?
Well if I was his agent and the asking price was say £1m, I would expect the contract offer to my client to be appropriate to a million pound footballer. The same works in reverse.

The same would go for Michael Cooper. If the club value him at £5 million then his agent should be looking for a salary to reflect that valuation.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
How do you 'relate' Argyle's contract offer to a transfer fee?

I concur. I don’t see any relationship between the two imo especially in the lower leagues where most transfers are frees.

Also if the club offering the wages don’t pay much within their wage structure E.g Cole Stockton is probably on less wages than lots of strikers, but this doesn’t mean Morecambe couldn’t sell him for a million.

Same with Michael Cooper, his current salary won’t reflect the multi million pound value that he is worth should we sell him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul H

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Think the point Cabbie is getting at, is how much Argyle will have to pay to replace Camara.

It's the same in the Premier League.
Clubs may not want to pay 500k per week to a player they already have, but its cheaper than paying 150 million to try and replace them with someone still on 250k

Apr 1, 2009
Sheffield Wednesday are the latest club reported to be interested in Camara.

He’s been put on the transfer list with his sights set higher in terms of money and/or playing level. This makes him easy fodder for those who have to produce transfer rumours.

The word “interested” also suits these people because it doesn’t commit anyone to anything.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Sounds like Pan might be signing for Sheff Wed - if true I’m pleased - we get money for someone we bought on a free, it also gives Shuey plenty of time to find a replacement.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2009
London
Sheffield Wednesday?

Pretty much worst case scenario if true.

He's going to a League 1 promotion rival and whatever meagre compensation we get will be a fraction of what he's worth to us, even if for just one season.

The club can't command a decent fee since he only has 1 year on his contract, x whatever wages we're prepared to pay him (lower than average for league 1 apparently).. so how can we demand proper value?

We've shaped him into a promotion worthy midfielder and Sheffield Wednesday get to benefit, for the cost of a few hundred grand. .. certainly it won't be enough for a like-for-like replacement.

Gloomy but predictable. Let's hope we use the loan market shrewdly.

Last edited:
Reactions: SMG

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Social media clickbait- the document uploaded on the thread- Post on Owlstalk- wage bill in L1 showing they top the charts for wages by a country mile - if true is rather scary
Also if you add in their well documented financial woes & the EFL suspended points deduction- has their rather infamous Chairman found a magic money tree to fund a purchase
Pan will be linked to every football league club in the country & we are only at the start of the close season- this will rumble on until the player & club accept what they deem an acceptable price
Social media will churn out more rumours- i will just wait for the official statement on Argyle's website

May 22, 2006
Would be disappointed for Pan if he stays in League 1. Wednesday are a massive club and Pan could be Carlton Palmer mark 2, but he’s good enough for the Championship.

Should Leeds get relegated, he would be an ideal signing for them as they start to rebuild.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
If he goes to Sheff Wed then I think with Ipswich they will both have squads that are simply too strong for us next year. Ideally we want Sunderland to go up too this year otherwise as it is going to be like mid table championship quality from 5 or 6 clubs( Derby, Wednesday, Ipswich, Sunderland? , Mk Dons, Oxford) and that’s without adding in Pompey, Bolton, Charlton who will surely improve.
We are going to need to unearth the next Pan and also get in some quality Premier league youngsters next season.

May 16, 2015
Sheffield Wednesday?

Pretty much worst case scenario if true.

He's going to a League 1 promotion rival and whatever meagre compensation we get will be a fraction of what he's worth to us, even if for just one season.

The club can't command a decent fee since he only has 1 year on his contract, x whatever wages we're prepared to pay him (lower than average for league 1 apparently).. so how can we demand proper value?

We've shaped him into a promotion worthy midfielder and Sheffield Wednesday get to benefit, for the cost of a few hundred grand. .. certainly it won't be enough for a like-for-like replacement.

Gloomy but predictable. Let's hope we use the loan market shrewdly.
Totally agree - it’s really frustrating if he goes to a League 1 rival. Wednesday are a massive club but how are we going to feel when he plays against us ? It’s annoying that there are so many ex Premiership and Champiinship clubs in league 1. We simply cannot compete financially. I hope I’m wrong but we will do well to make another play off challenge next season.

Apr 1, 2009
Would be disappointed for Pan if he stays in League 1. Wednesday are a massive club and Pan could be Carlton Palmer mark 2, but he’s good enough for the Championship.

Should Leeds get relegated, he would be an ideal signing for them as they start to rebuild.
Why be disappointed for him when it's his decision?

Jul 8, 2016
Im sure Pan will be on the radar with most Championship sides like QPR, West Brom, Watford etc etc.
A stand out player for us last season and knowing he only has 1 year left on contract means he`s gonna sell for £ 400k to £ 700k and he`ll then bag a double or even triple your wage contract. If we went up I reckon a better deal would have been tabled to Pan by club but hey ho! Good luck to the lad.....i hope Argyle apply a sell on clause percentage

Jul 12, 2016
Totally agree - it’s really frustrating if he goes to a League 1 rival. Wednesday are a massive club but how are we going to feel when he plays against us ? It’s annoying that there are so many ex Premiership and Champiinship clubs in league 1. We simply cannot compete financially. I hope I’m wrong but we will do well to make another play off challenge next season.
How is it annoying to see so many ex Premiership and Championship clubs in division one.? Better attraction = higher attendances.Similar is happening at division 2 and National league level.