Camara made available for transfer | Page 29 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Camara made available for transfer

Jul 12, 2016
We didn't need Carey to get out of L2. It would have been great if he stayed but we got back up without him.

Carey was fantastic but these day's there are a lot more very good attacking midfielders around. You don't see players like Pan very often. He's got an engine like Kante and stops the rest of our team being bullied as he takes the brunt of attention. Absolutely vital for our system.
If we had a more robust midfield they wouldnā€™t be bullied in the first place.

Reactions: Deacster

MGM

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Dec 7, 2021
Who's winning the headers and physical 50/50's in a midfield 3 of Houghton/Randell, Mayor and Edwards?

It would be a stop gap and we would be no where near the play offs that's for sure.

We are suppose to be keeping the ball on the deck. I rather worry about energy in the midfield, than who is winning the ball in the air. Especially when you play with 3 CBā€™s.

Your right though. We need more physicality in midfield but then you look at who Argyle bring in and so far itā€™s only been Camara thatā€™s been that type of player in midfield. When you play a winger in midfield you canā€™t really complain if you donā€™t win enough headers.

Mar 23, 2008
We didn't need Carey to get out of L2. It would have been great if he stayed but we got back up without him.

Carey was fantastic but these day's there are a lot more very good attacking midfielders around. You don't see players like Pan very often. He's got an engine like Kante and stops the rest of our team being bullied as he takes the brunt of attention. Absolutely vital for our system.
Plenty of players like Carey?? Such as......can't see many No.10 of his ability at this level.
The reverse is true, we will miss Camara but he us replaceable. Someone with 80% of his energy but 50% better end product and we are better off.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Apr 25, 2016
Plymouth Argyle have had no formal approaches yet for their transfer-listed midfielder Panutche Camara, according to director of football Neil Dewsnip.

Dewsnip ruled out the prospect of Argyle selling Camara to a club who could be challenging them towards the top of League One next term.

Reactions: Deacster

NLG

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jan 16, 2006
Good simple clear communication. No one interested, not selling to a League 1 club. So >50% possibility he is going to be here next season IMO.

Mar 23, 2008
Really? How many like him have you seen in the last (say) 25 years playing for PAFC?
The game has changed, not sure midfielders like him existed circa 20 years ago when the focus was on technique rather than legs. In terms of players in his playing style, very similar to Jimmy Abdou I would say.

CFG

Jun 21, 2013
Really? How many like him have you seen in the last (say) 25 years playing for PAFC?
I agree - a one off. Not perfect by any means but a right handful. We won 1 out of the 6 league games that he didn't feature in. Schuey's comments about him being exactly the kind of player he would have hated to play against makes sense to me. For that reason I hope we stick to Dewsnip's comments and avoid selling him to a League One rival!

Mar 23, 2008
You saw a different player to me then bud. As good as Jimmy was, he came nowhere near Pan in my opinion.
Jimmy was impressive in the Championship and had a good career with Millwall, mostly at that level. Looks like Camara is going to that level based on Dewsnips comments so time will tell if he's at the same level.

MGM

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Dec 7, 2021
Argyle trying to play hard ball. No way will they want to let him go for nothing. It goes against their transfer model.

We are closing down the opportunities of where he can exactly go. Glad to hear he wonā€™t play against us next season but l do wonder if this will mean it will be a harder sell. For this reason will we take a smaller sum?

Like Dewsnip said though very early in the process.