Camara made available for transfer | Page 26 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Camara made available for transfer

Jun 27, 2019
He really isn't as good as his agent thinks he is.
And how good does his agent think he is? Come on, you've obviously been privy to the negotiations and the exact nature of the demands.

All we know is that Camara has been told not to sign Argyle's contract offer. There are a dozen or so clubs in League One who could beat that offer according to recent wage budget reports, so that leaves anyone from Shrewsbury Town to Man City.

Where on that scale does Pan's agent rate his client?

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Pan is one component in our team & he is very effective in what he is instructed to do
He may not put the ball in the back of the net on a regular occurrence but what he lacks in goals he makes up in hard graft, donkey work of tracking back, winning the ball back & pushing us up the pitch
Opponents don't know how to handle him - Pan gets knocked down - but gets up again- the only opponent that did manage to get the better of him was Matete who was given licence to kick lumps out of Pan which resulted in Pan leaving the pitch in tears because he could not continue
The management often remark about how many kilometres he covers every game so he is no slouch

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
If we had won promotion, would Argyle have been correct not to exercise the extension to his contract?

I think Pan has improved in the two years he's been here and will improve further next year. So, yes, I think he could play in the Championship. I don't think we will easily replace him.

Reactions: saxman
Sep 2, 2008
And how good does his agent think he is? Come on, you've obviously been privy to the negotiations and the exact nature of the demands.

All we know is that Camara has been told not to sign Argyle's contract offer. There are a dozen or so clubs in League One who could beat that offer according to recent wage budget reports, so that leaves anyone from Shrewsbury Town to Man City.

Having stated what you have, it seems to me that you’re the one that knows the exact nature of the demands.

I have no idea of what the demands are but to answer your question about how good does his agent think he is; it seems he thinks Pan is much better than playing for Argyle.

Reactions: notwop
Jun 27, 2019
Having stated what you have, it seems to me that you’re the one that knows the exact nature of the demands.

I have no idea of what the demands are but to answer your question about how good does his agent think he is; it seems he thinks Pan is much better than playing for Argyle.
No, come on, you said Pan isn't as good as his agent thinks he is. Don't duck the question - how good is that exactly?

I've made it easy for you... where on the Shrewsbury-Man City scale does Pan's agent rate his client?

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
For a thread which was silly to start with it has now reached levels of absurdity on a seismic scale. Posters are now expected to read the thought processes of people they have never met nor have an inkling of their name even. Heaven forfend.

Sep 22, 2020
and then of course you could argue geography. if camara becomes a regular international being based in plymouth adds an extra day travel both ways from heathrow/gatwick.

could be part of the decision process?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Is there any possibility that the club holds an option to extend Camara's contract by another year next season, similar to the one that they held this season (i.e. a rolling one-year extension possibility)? I guess not but it would add an interesting twist to the negotiations if so.

Reactions: Greenbean

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
and then of course you could argue geography. if camara becomes a regular international being based in plymouth adds an extra day travel both ways from heathrow/gatwick.

could be part of the decision process?
Yes indeed, what with Sheffield being a good 30 miles closer to Heathrow and 8 miles closer to Gatwick.
But I guess (maybe) you can fly from Sheffield? .

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
Pan is a clear case of how Argyle's coaching team have worked with him, often on an individual basis, to improve him as a player. I remember Schuey doing an interview where he explained how they were trying to harness Pan's remarkable running qualities (often attainting distances achieved by the Premiership's best at around 14km per game) for the greater benefit of the team.

At higher levels of the game it is not just about running it is about composure and the ability to make the right pass at the right time. Pan has a remarkable gift for tackling back and ball retrieval. He is not so good at the final pass and is excitable in front of goal. My observation this season was that he was improving in all areas of his game and his infectious enthusiasm clearly earned great and deserved affection with the Green Army who recognised his continued and improving contribution to the team.

To my mind Pan is a 'work in progress' and I am sure would have been an even better player had he signed a new contract and stayed with Argyle. It will be interesting to see how he fits into the data analytical nature of recruitment even more evident in the top two divisions. His elevation to a goal scoring full international may even put him on the radar of some European sides. If he is to leave I hope we get a worthy fee for the improvement the coaching team have achieved with him over his two seasons with us.

Equally, I do not share the despondency some have expressed about his impending departure as threat to our Championship ambitions next season. Last year's recruitment was rooted in the data analytics that the Club have firmly embraced. None of the players brought in were on any rumour mill radar. All performed beyond original expectation. I expect the same again in the close season and there is every chance we will recruit a player of similar abilities and with coached improvement over time, possibly an even better one.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Yes indeed, what with Sheffield being a good 30 miles closer to Heathrow and 8 miles closer to Gatwick.
But I guess (maybe) you can fly from Sheffield? .
No you can’t. I think there are no direct flights from the UK to Guinea Bissau. The best route I think is to fly to Lisbon and get a flight from there to Bissau.

Reactions: Shadowknight

SMG

Oct 22, 2021
Pan is a clear case of how Argyle's coaching team have worked with him, often on an individual basis, to improve him as a player. I remember Schuey doing an interview where he explained how they were trying to harness Pan's remarkable running qualities (often attainting distances achieved by the Premiership's best at around 14km per game) for the greater benefit of the team.

At higher levels of the game it is not just about running it is about composure and the ability to make the right pass at the right time. Pan has a remarkable gift for tackling back and ball retrieval. He is not so good at the final pass and is excitable in front of goal. My observation this season was that he was improving in all areas of his game and his infectious enthusiasm clearly earned great and deserved affection with the Green Army who recognised his continued and improving contribution to the team.

To my mind Pan is a 'work in progress' and I am sure would have been an even better player had he signed a new contract and stayed with Argyle. It will be interesting to see how he fits into the data analytical nature of recruitment even more evident in the top two divisions. His elevation to a goal scoring full international may even put him on the radar of some European sides. If he is to leave I hope we get a worthy fee for the improvement the coaching team have achieved with him over his two seasons with us.

Equally, I do not share the despondency some have expressed about his impending departure as threat to our Championship ambitions next season. Last year's recruitment was rooted in the data analytics that the Club have firmly embraced. None of the players brought in were on any rumour mill radar. All performed beyond original expectation. I expect the same again in the close season and there is every chance we will recruit a player of similar abilities and with coached improvement over time, possibly an even better one.

All very sensible Graham and it's a good post. But the numbers you talk about Pan running are rare, we won't find another player like Pan who is ready for our first team. We're talking about making our team more physical yet look like losing our most physical and athletic player.

Sometimes clubs on upwards trajectories have to make tough decisions which help mindsets in the future. Pan's value to us next season is worth a lot more than the offer's we will get for him. Let's show this club, while sensible in it's long term plans for championship football, is not a push over and will make some brave strategic calls to progress through this league. I firmly believe if we do then not only is there a good chance that Pan will settle down and potentially sign a new deal. But other players will take notice and we could be a serious outfit in a strong league next season. Forfeit £500k or whatever for Pan, the surplus crowds cover that I'm sure. Let's really have a go next season.

The fee for Pan, would be a drop in the ocean compared to the fee Cooper will eventually bring in.

COYG

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
For Argyle, Camara is brilliant. We simply don’t have anything like him.

For a top league 1 team / Championship l‘d be surprised if they don’t already have physical players who get around the pitch.

The thing with Camara is his tackling and counter attacking ability. He eats up the ground. As we play a 3 ATB his mobility is massive importance to us.

Yet is final ball, whether that is a cross or shot isn’t that great.

These teams may need a Camara type. Yet a Sheffield Wednesday, especially at home, will have more of the ball. So surely they need players who can unlock defences. Who are comfortable on the ball.

Not sure this is Camara if I’m honest.

Reactions: saxman

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth

One thing his agent does now know is what value Argyle have placed on him based upon what their final offer was and relate that to a transfer fee. Using that he can tout his client to other clubs.