Camara made available for transfer | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Camara made available for transfer

Sep 6, 2006
So why announce he is on the transfer list rather than just keep quiet and wait for the bids to come in.
If no acceptable bids come in will Camara still be picked to play for Argyle next season?
Because he doesn't want to sign a new contract clearly therefore we need to get a decent fee for him.

Reactions: dunlop
May 8, 2011
Because he doesn't want to sign a new contract clearly therefore we need to get a decent fee for him.
All players are available for transfer if the price is right regardless of whether the Club announce they are on the transfer list or not. Announcing it will not change that. Are you suggesting that there is a Club interesting in signing him that wasn’t aware of his contract situation?
Also why wasn’t the fact that George Cooper is available for transfer announced on the official website but instead through an interview in the Herald?

Reactions: Leo's Grandad
Mar 23, 2008
Been expecting it since January when we offered the extended contract with more money. He didn't sign it so he was obviously looking to leave. If he were to stay now then he'd be looking for a January transfer and if that didn't happen he'd be protecting himself to avoid injury before the end of the season and his free transfer.
Let's be frank, his agent told him to hold fire as if we got promoted he could ask for more. No promotion and he's off. Re-watching 'Sunderland till I die' at the mo and there's Josh Maja's transfer a few years ago, behind the scenes. They state moving him abroad could earn the agent a million pounds. If he re-signed for Sunderland? They don't say but let's be honest, perhaps 2% of that? Agents will manoeuvre players to extract the best deal for them.

Reactions: Drakey
Mar 29, 2020
Crawley probably were feeling the same as us gutted that their best player is on the move….
Everybody get a grip it’s football…players come and go…we will never be able to compete financially with the big boys in this league…give me League 1 football for the next 5 years I will take it….might not sound ambitious but until we get a multi millionaire man in that likes spending millions on Argyle…the likes of Camera will be leaving….Roll on next season and trust the manager.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I think you mean billionaire. We have a multi millionaire that has spent millions on Argyle.

Reactions: Drake
Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Correct decision from the club. Sell now for a fee or risk him not giving 100% next season and losing him on a free anyway.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he headed out to Portugal. A few of his Guinea Bissau team mates play in Liga Nos and Lamieras has been relatively successful out there. Guimaraes paid €2.5 million for him from Famalicao, so no reason why Camara can’t also be as successful.

Reactions: oke buoy

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
All players are available for transfer if the price is right regardless of whether the Club announce they are on the transfer list or not. Announcing it will not change that. Are you suggesting that there is a Club interesting in signing him that wasn’t aware of his contract situation?
Also why wasn’t the fact that George Cooper is available for transfer announced on the official website but instead through an interview in the Herald?
Possibly because in Cooper's case no fee would be involved and it was mutually beneficial and both parties felt he would soon get fixed up closer to home?
Possibly Camara being on the official site was to let concerned supporters know an impasse had been reached, he had turned down a much improved contract extension and therefore it was in the best interests of the club in their opinion to get the best price for him in the close season rather than him be worth virtually nothing by the end of the year. Maybe they don't want a player running down a contract after Christmas, not fully committed waiting for his end of season big move? It also gives time to acquire a replacement player in the squad ready for pre season.
The current management and heirarchy have got most things right, the smooth and rapid replacement of Lowe an example. I like to believe they know what they are doing. We shall see.

Oct 14, 2015
We found Camera on a free from Crawley and I trust our management team to unearth another gem. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that someone has already been earmarked for the role or that Lewis or Randell can fill the gap left by Pan?

Personally I liked Camera and we were definitely better with him in the side than without but we move on. I’d be surprised to see him in the Championship but no doubt the links to Preston will soon start.

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
One of the most essential pillars of achieving a sustainable Club is to acquire, improve and trade contracted players. Camara is an excellent case in point - acquired on a free transfer, improved by excellent coaching, offered an extended contract whilst exercising the option for a further year. It is a model for the future and one that clubs like Peterborough have operated to great effect to improve club finances. Other clubs have done it in League One - Argyle's record in doing so has been comparatively poor. If you look at Scarr, Gillesphey and Galloway (pre-injury, for example, you will see evidence of improvement and creating value.

Another pillar of sustainability is developing players through the Academy. The potential pending sale of Coops is witness to the value of an improving Academy. The sale of one player, such as Coops could comfortably match a season's turnover and be equivalent or more to a couple of season's match day receipts (2020 season - total ticket sales were £2.6m).

As the Club progresses on and off the field the sale of contracted players will and has to continue if we are to have any aspiration of getting to the Championship. The requirement to do means the continuation of the policy of acquiring and improving players and if it's in the Club's financial interests, sell them. The investment in data analytics, coaching and backroom medical support will greatly assist in that objective as it did for this past season.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Thread split to start with yesterday's news.

Jul 12, 2016
Unlike fans players come and go and have no loyalty to a particular club.
It is a fact that any player who performs well for us could be of interest to other clubs because that is the nature of the beast,indeed ,we are always on the lookout to sign better players .On his day Camara is like Mayor a game changer but to put things into perspective they are inconsistent and replaceable .We have seen much better midfielders at HP this season .

Jun 24, 2008
Hallett, Parkinson, and Schuey have been clear throughout the season. Everyone at the club is together in their aims and goals to work together towards becoming a sustainable Championship club. Everyone must be on board with that to work beyond our resources.

Panutche Camera is not on board with that as he did not sign a new contract, therefore he is a detriment to that goal.

Keeping him around to get a season out of him in the hope it will get us up, whilst we all watch on knowing he's going, is not the answer and does not fit in with the clubs vision. Thats the clubs view and looking at high profile cases such as United and Pogba, they may be correct.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Cooper has been told he's free to go, and has no future here as a result of his request.
Pan has been told that since he's not signing, we will be open to offers, look at what offers come in for him, and potentially sell him if one is good enough. If nothing good enough comes in, then he'll still be playing here until his contract expires and he has 12 months at a lower wage than he could have had. The 2 scenarios are different.

When a player has indicated he wants to explore other options because his agent has given him values we can't possibly match, this is the correct decision for me. If an offer that's acceptable comes in, we accept it. If one doesn't, we keep him for the year.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Mayor 3 goals - answer get rid no end product?
Camara 4 goals - what a player, runs here there and everywhere, no end product.
Mayor makes passes to others to make assists.
Who would I keep? Mayor all day long.
More to playing than being energetic.