Brief Synopsis!!! | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

Jul 6, 2011
Tugboat":1d0e9nbn said:
briangreen":1d0e9nbn said:
Tugboat":1d0e9nbn said:
As long as Chadwick starts upfront for us we will always be in trouble.

It really does epitomise everything bad with Argyle right now.

Thought he was better today, but needs someone a bit more prolific beside him
You mean in place of him?

No, I mean beside him. Madjo is the same, he needs that partner beside him and Weeney is not the man, maybe Harvey...

Bit more than a brief synopsis again.(Strictly silly celeb and z factor relief)
Well yet another home defeat again.God its a struggle being argyle at the moment.
A good performance in the first half with the usual falling away 2nd half when
chesterfield raised their game and pressured us higher up the pitch.We started to
launch again and they got their inevitable soft goal.We then launched even more
rubbish service to the various strikers the manager brought on to chase the game.
Again there was effort and some good performances from certain individuals but as
a team we still dont look like getting results.
Results are what managers are judged on so for me now i am off the fence and wanting
a change of manager again.Only 4 wins in 20 aint good enough.We should be doing a
lot better.
Gilmartin 6/10 Didnt have a lot to do but his kicking was awful again.
Berry 6/10 Did ok defensively.Got forward a lot but didnt attack the byline enough.
Nelson 7/10 Did well again.Think he/we missed purse alongside him.
Blanchard 6/10 Did ok with nelson.Lots of hoofing to our invisible greyhound strikers
at times though.
Bhasera 6/10 Wasted for me at full back.Always at his best when attacking.
Cowan-hall 7/10 Our most dangerous wide player.Disappointed when he was taken off.
Moseley 8/10 My mom by some distance.Skill,pace and strength on the ball.Just need
for him to settle into the team.Oh hang on.....one month loan only!
Hourihane 6/10 Can he become as good as the above who is also a left footed cm?
Would have picked lowry ahead of him to be honest based on what i have seen of them both so far
and also to have a right/left foot combination in centre midfield.I suppose the manager
cant drop his skipper straight after making him skipper.
Gurrieri 7/10 At his best coming in off the flank and becoming the spare man in
attacking positions.2nd half we went aerial and he became unused and later subbed.
Macdonald 6/10 In and out of the game.Need to find his best position and stick with it.
Chadwick 6/10 Did ok 1st half with good service to link the play.2nd half rubbish service.
Subs
Lennox(for gurrieri)6/10 Ineffective.Didnt seem to play outwide much or try to beat an
opponent.Argyle as a team played too many long diagonals again especially 2nd half.
Griffiths(for chadwick)6/10 Ineffective with rubbish service coming in.
Madjo(for cowan-hall)6/10 A player who can provide good service taken off?
Why didnt madjo or griffiths start as the lone striker or as a pair?
On what i have seen both are stonger players than chadwick to play as the lone striker.
I would have thought chadwick would be better playing off one of them as he does have
some pace.
Team 4/10 A result based low score as the good performance was limited to the first half.
I think we need some fresh ideas brought to this team now as it seems to be on the downhill
slope again.We need a gaffer who has experienced success at some level as our location makes
us a difficult club to manage.I believe it is way too difficult for a rookie to succeed at.
There didnt seem to be too much discontent at the ground today although i had to leave
before the end.
This will change if things dont improve though with the board coming under fire
as well if they do not act.
Hopefully much needed change will happen soon.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
loyal1970":2sakp1zu said:
Pilgrim61":2sakp1zu said:
Why, after the club have been hyping it, would you not play Lowry? Molesley did ok by all accounts bu he hasn't played this season!

Surely Lowry, with the old club motivation, should have featured!
agree should have started.
Really? I think Molesley despite his iffy decision making was better than Lowry has ever shown in a green shirt thus far. Right decision there for me.

Sep 7, 2006
bugle
Everybody round me commented about playing with one forward at home and not the best forward either. Usual call from CF crowd the midfield and hope for scraps up front . First half they " put in a good shift worked their socks off but did not get the rub of the green " Now we have a new quote from CF " must have driven past a lot of black cats " . Second half the inevitable happens we go one down heads drop like water filled balloons . CF remedy he takes off the second best player on the park wwho was creating all sorts of trouble to Chesterfields defence Gurrierei . This was a diablolical decision i almost walked out in disgust is he watching the same match as me or does he need to go to Specsavers . It was obvious we would lose after that finally he takes Chadwick off and brings our missing forward on who should be on from the start Madjo . This cannot continue anymore fortress Home Park is now useless Home Park 3 points for any side with any sense about them . I am a season ticket holder of many years but now dont care anymore if i go to a match or not . Please wake up Fletcher smell the coffee i am fed up with the nightmare of your management stop blaming it all on bad luck .

Aug 17, 2006
I totally agree I made some similar comments on another thread about Chadwick. I don't see many games due to being nearer Scotland than Manchester but I saw Bradford & Guirrierei shone out like a beacon. Chadwick was well we all know what he brings to the party-nothing. Yet there he is starting again yesterday. Everything you say I agree.

Sep 7, 2006
bugle
I forgot to say in my post that CF teamtalk at half time must have been :- " right lads drop back 15yards and give them more invitations to come forward and then they will bring 2 experienced players on Jack Lester and Boa Morte that will fool them and we could then pinch a win "

Oct 24, 2010
Our amazing run of bad luck continues. Very good first half, we closed down well and didn't give Chesterfield time on the ball and looked very comfortable and played some excellent football and applied a lot of pressure and had chances, but as things are going for us of late none went in. The second half was a lot more even but we looked comfortable in defence until we conceded another soft goal and after that huffed and puffed but couldn't find a way through.
Moseley was excellent until he ran out of steam towards the end of the game and I was probably the only person in the ground who thought Chadwick had a decent game, apart from missing two gilt-edged chances.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
esmer":ys63dz1n said:
Our amazing run of bad luck continues. Very good first half, we closed down well and didn't give Chesterfield time on the ball and looked very comfortable and played some excellent football and applied a lot of pressure and had chances, but as things are going for us of late none went in. The second half was a lot more even but we looked comfortable in defence until we conceded another soft goal and after that huffed and puffed but couldn't find a way through.
Moseley was excellent until he ran out of steam towards the end of the game and I was probably the only person in the ground who thought Chadwick had a decent game, apart from missing two gilt-edged chances.

:doh:

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
esmer":2fh3490p said:

275px-A_small_cup_of_coffee.JPG

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
We play badly, we lose. We play well... we still lose!

It is not "bad luck" that lost us the game yesterday. We created chances and could not finish them. I remember their keeper making one good save from PCH in the first half, and that's it.

As usual, the opposition manager switches things up and changes the game in their favour. Boa Morte and Lester dominated us and once they went 1-0 up, you knew we wouldn't get back into it.

Molesley had a good debut, but isn't what we need. We desperately need a Wotton-type player to protect the back 4.

Failed to score in our last 3 games, no clean sheet at home since April, no clean sheet at all since Torquay nearly 3 months ago.

It is far from good enough - this is the first time I have really thought that with Fletcher in charge we could get relegated.

O

ogwellmike

This thread is telling. You can see that people who have been standing by Fletch (I include myself in that) have finally lost faith now too. There are a lot of sensible posts here, and it's abundantly clear that the end has come. There's no defence anymore.
It's sad, but it's true Please Mr. Brent, act now.

I agree - applies to me as well.

As I see it:
Our results are appalling.
Our Mr. Sexstone says the players are not giving their best.
Our manager CF says our players are working as hard as they can doing what he asks of them.
So it follows that what he is asking them to do clearly aint right.
Ergo:
We desperately need a manager who will get the best out of our players since clearly CF hasn't been able to do it.

Sorry Carl, but you have got to go.

R

Rupert

Every Saturday":1imcl30j said:
Apparently Southend had acute financial difficulties last year - unfashionable club, no money and hardly any players. Anybody seen their form guide? Their league position? The "Southend way" probably isnt very pretty - but it can work ... (in this league)

Maybe Argyle might think about poaching Southend's manager, then....?

:shh:

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
People discuss chances we had BUT how many of our ''efforts'' hit the woodwork or brought a mind boggling save from their keeper ?????

Why was Lowry dropped from the 18 ?????

Jul 6, 2011
tigertony":2jm7hgad said:
People discuss chances we had BUT how many of our ''efforts'' hit the woodwork or brought a mind boggling save from their keeper ?????

dropped from the 18?
Am sure he was on the bench, I might be wrong...

Jan 26, 2012
briangreen":1c98lp8u said:
tigertony":1c98lp8u said:

dropped from the 18?
Am sure he was on the bench, I might be wrong...
was on the bench! but why dropped?