Brief Synopsis!!! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
tigertony":1gdpbmf2 said:
JB knows his limitations with football knowledge and brings in Sexstone who will, I am sure, advise JB fully and frankly.
Was he there today ???
Not sure - he was interviewed on Radio Devon today but can't recall him saying he'd be at the game. Sounds like he hasn't yet formed an opinion on the playing side so hopefully he gets himself in the crowd sooner rather than later.

Jun 21, 2011
Greenland
I was there and thought after a bright start by Chesterfield we actually took control.At the start stewards removed an Out Fletcher Banner which was held by 4 twelve year olds.

We really are not having much luck and we are missing the confidence winning matches brings.We do huff and puff but the house to fall is Home Park at the moment.

Fletcher was very vocal and seemed agitated in the bench,but when the substitutions were made every player shook there hands so thats encouraging.

Crowd were loyal but quiet as expected until the final whistle,all in all we got the result I expected and whilst I am cold,wet and cheesed off I really dont know what is happening at our club,but it is desperate times.

Green Army and all that :scarf:

P

PASTIE

PL2 3DQ":mvdgpm9q said:
Another very average team beat us as home.

The inconsistency of this season was typified in this game; for the first half we played well, created chances and looked on course for a win, for the second half we looked a team devoid of ideas and confidence.
Man of the match would be the pitch!

First half Argyle - After a sedate start that resembled a practice game Argyle sprang to life midway through the half and put Chesterfield under a lot of pressure. It was good to see MacDonald play as a striker, although he would be moved wide later in the game. Chances fell to Cowan-Hall, Nelson, MacDonald and Guerrieri with one effort deflected onto the crossbar.
We discovered that MacDonald has a good long throw (where has that been all season and why wasn't it used before today?) which put Chesterfield under pressure plus we had a series of corners but still the round white thing wouldn't go into the net.
Molesley was neat and tidy, had good feet and energy, the back four, apart from Blanchard's wayward kicking, looked solid, Chadwick was lively and held the ball up well, Cowan-Hall was causing problems on the wing and things were set for a decent second half.
The team left the pitch at half time to good applause.

Second half Argyle - the good passing football was replaced with long punts in the general direction of Chadwick, Molesley ran out of steam and the team ran out of ideas. Berry was alert to make two clearances/tackles to prevent certain goals.
Chesterfield offered more of a threat and were rewarded with a soft goal; you'd expect Argyle to rally but offered no threat and chances were rare. The confidence shown in the first half was replaced by nerves and anxiety and the team lacked leadership and direction. Chadwick had a chance although to be fair the ball was behind him.
The game ended with boos ringing out around Home Park.

It's so frustrating to see how well we played for the majority of the first half and then lose a game against a Chesterfield side that offered nothing. League Two is a poor league and a poor standard - what does that say about our team? At 45 minutes you'd be thinking why sack Fletcher when he gets the team playing this well, at 90 minutes you'd be thinking please sack Fletcher because the gets the team playing badly.

Sadly, I think Fletcher will be gone now, either forced to resign or sacked.

Well done to the ref who handled the difficult conditions very well and was a good sport with the crowd.

Yes. All of that. Spot on.

Dec 2, 2010
As I said yesterday...

I really hope we thrash Chesterfield, but something tells me we are back in the same situation as the first part of last season, where teams come to HP knowing it is one of the best chances for 3 away points in the fixture list. I bet that the Chesterfield players will be under pressure to do just that.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
As long as Chadwick starts upfront for us we will always be in trouble.

It really does epitomise everything bad with Argyle right now.

Mar 30, 2006
Horsedowns, Cornwall
Mark Pedlar":1w5um9ln said:
8 ) This was the Griffiths of Dorchester. Ball pinged off him, control completely absent.

Agree with all but this. Won all but one header and control was good.

Then again, Chaddy's effort made him look Ibrahimovicesque.

Mark Pedlar":29smsnqp said:
1) Very wet day. Amazed it was going ahead. In case I forget later: hope everyone from every game everywhere gets home safe today. Low, low turn-out - another reason the game probably should have been called off. Moseley straight into the team in place of Lowry (why?). Gurrieri, PCH and MacDonald with the width (no Young?) and one to support mighty Nick Chadwick up front. Madjo and Griffiths on the bench yet we start with Chadwick. Fletch given up already? Looking for names in the stands to take over.

2) Fairly even start. Hourihane and Moseley with important tackles. Macca started behind Chadders with Gurrieri on the left and PCH on the right. Argyle playing on the counter. First real Argyle attack saw Gurrieri's scuffed cross, dummied by Chadwick but MacDonald too far behind him. The ball broke, Argyle failed to clear, conceded the corner, Gilmartin came a long way and punched unconvincingly. Eventually cleared. Argyle's first corner, taken short, crossed by MacDonald and well caught by the Spireites 'keeper.

3) PCH and Gurrieri with weak early shots that didn't trouble the goalie. Final ball from both sides was poor until PCH passed one in but Chadders couldn't get hold of. Like ping pong in the box for a while but committed Chesterfield defending kept us out. Bhas drifted in but couldn't get a shot away. Argyle went through a purple patch on about 15-25 but couldn't get a decent attempt on goal. Moseley made a good impression - lots of energy, good tackling and fairly accurate passing. Chesterfield had the best of the early chances with their forward who was allowed to turn in the box. Luckily his shot went wide.

4) Hard work by Gurrieri and MacDonald forced a corner that Nelson ended up heading straight at the 'keeper. Blanchard gave away a silly free-kick for climbing but they made nothing of it. MacDonald took a corner that Chesterfield failed to clear. Macca's narrow angle shot on the turn was well cleared then Nelson's header was cleared off the line then Gurrieri's shot was headed onto the bar - the ball just wouldn't go in.

5) Argyle probably edged the first-half but just couldn't get the goal they deserved. Moseley, PCH and Macca with good halves but Gurrieri for me the one who was the difference. Blanchard and Nelson coped with the rare attacks well and Gilmartin hadn't much to do. Chesterfield the ones to change first - Boa Morte on at half-time. Early chances for Chesterfield in the 2nd. Berry forced to clear off the line. Argyle seemed to be half asleep.

6) After they settled down, Argyle began to re-establish the pressure that they had in the first. Chesterfield looked a better outfit though and Moseley was booked for a dangerous challenge. The free-kick came in and Berry again forced to clear. Another change for the visitors with Jack Lester coming on. Immediately Gilmartin had to save. At the other end Hourihane shot high and wide. Argyle not holding the ball up front as well and conceding possession too easily. Needed a sub.

7) Argyle had a chance through Chadwick but it ballooned over, Chesterfield broke, the ball went left, crossed well - Argyle failed to clear and the Chesterfield forward had the option of placing it anywhere he wanted. Fletcher hesitated - Lennox came on for Gurrieri but the ineffective Chadwick remained. Five minutes later PCH and Chadwick were replaced by Madjo and Griffiths. Almost immediately Madjo held the ball up well, found Moseley who won a corner.

8 ) This was the Griffiths of Dorchester. Ball pinged off him, control completely absent. Lennox couldn't get on the ball enough and the lofted balls into the box were easily cut out. No attempts were made to get round the defence too much bludgeoning at a front door that was never going to open.

9) The referee had a reasonable first half and joined in with the crowd as he measured out steps at a free-kick in front of the Demport. Blimey, you know things are bad when even the ref was calling for Fletcher to go!

Bought a PCH dive for a free-kick. Failed to act on the time wasting. Crowd fairly noisy but insufficient numbers to make a massive difference. 'Seagulls' and 'sign him on' when a supporter headed a MacDonald shot the highlights. Quiet after the goal, the anti-team, anti-Fletcher vibes could be felt at last.

10) Argyle on top in the first-half and unlucky not to be winning. Chesterfield made the changes and forced the edge - we sat and dithered. Could sum up many of the Fletcher era games. Good game for Moseley. I despair, the club's going down the drain, we have a manager who hasn't a clue and a chairman who knows nothing about, or is not interested in, running a football club.

Jun 19, 2006
Somewhere or other
Mark Pedlar":1vgrzj5u said:
green eyed monster":1vgrzj5u said:
Agree with most of that except point 10

How can you judge JB so soon, as an owner he's only just started, do you want him out too?

Is it asking too much for him to care about what he's bought? There's no sign he does.
To be honest Mark, he's bought the club....he's a businessman....he cares.

In a funny way I also applaud him for sticking with Fletch, he could have sacked him as a knee jerk weeks ago

I think this will now be the time he acts, and rightly so...

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
There was a lot of booing and Fletcher out chants at the end of the game.Rightly so as that second half was rubbish.Maybe the board will act....

W

WestParkGreen17

Positives:

* Nice football with neat passes, cut out alot of hoof ball apart from when got desperate
* Molesley looks a good player, some strong tackles and neat touches bringing others into play
* Good amount of pressure on Chesterfield but unfortunetly no end product
* Berry a very good player and has improved alot

I think Fletcher's time is up and I think he knows it

Negatives:

* Blanchard poor too many misplaced passes and hopeless hoofs forward to no effect
* Strong first half but slow start to the second and didn't really get going till too late
* Shooting and finishing very poor today
* Not tall enough in attacking set pieces all teams seem to tower over our players
* Nick Chadwick, enough said thousands of other posts about him but very ineffective
* Strange subs again by Fletcher Gurreri off and Lennox on?
* Defence lapse for the goal
* Bhasera MOM thought MacDonald had a better game he was all over it

Dec 2, 2010
Why, after the club have been hyping it, would you not play Lowry? Molesley did ok by all accounts bu he hasn't played this season!

Surely Lowry, with the old club motivation, should have featured!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Lord Avviva":9y3ssl8l said:
low turn out a reason to call a game off? !!!!think more to do with 6 defeats from 7 games perhaps?
A really good turn out when you combine the results and the weather.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
The first half we genuinely played excellent football. Not tippy tappy in the middle third without incisiveness as we have seen so many times, we actually looked sharp and productive. We just couldn't finish, we made lots of chances which is more than can be said for most other games this season.

Started second half well but less good, they had a 5-10 minute spell before their goal, then, bar the odd chance our heads dropped entirely and for the last 15-20 we never looked like scoring. If today stood in isolation I wouldn't be too gutted, I'd just say we needed to learn how to finish but it doesn't stand in isolation.

We are 20th in League Two with one of the largest budgets in the league. We have bloated our squad with players who are average at best for this division. We can't defend, we can't score. I think it'd be difficult to be doing a much worse job. This is abysmal and with every game that passes before something is done I'm getting more annoyed at the board for not making the change which has to be made. Please please please get Carl Fletcher and Romain Larrieu out of this club. I know Larrieu is a legend and Fletcher has done a lot for us as well in the past, but we can't keep Larrieu here just for the sake of sentiment. Please please make changes now Brent. I've stuck up for him against some of the more extreme criticisms in the past but it's clear as day that we need a new managment team. It has to be done and if he's not packing his bags on Monday morning I will be livid. Fletcher out now.