Brief Synopsis!!! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
It was indeed a great turnout by the green army on a truly miserable afternoon.Today's attendance of 5711 was only bettered by 6635 at Oxford.Fantastic loyalty.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
This thread is telling. You can see that people who have been standing by Fletch (I include myself in that) have finally lost faith now too. There are a lot of sensible posts here, and it's abundantly clear that the end has come. There's no defence anymore.

It's sad, but it's true.

Please Mr. Brent, act now.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
In the last 10-15 minutes we lost all control of what we were trying to do and just panicked. Sticking Madjo and Griffiths up front is one thing but then putting Nelson up there as well (which seems to have become Fletcher's new fashion at the ends of games) meant that it was for too congested and everything was just lumped into the same area. Taking off our best creative player, the only one who really looked like he could open up the defence (Gurreiri) was bizarre.

Throughout the game we wasted huge amounts of possession with Bhasera and Blanchard being particularly culpable in this respect. Bhasera seems like a shadow of the player he used to be. He's stopped doing the surging forward runs he used to do and he doesn't seem at all comfortable challenging for the ball in defence.

Also, is Lowry no longer good enough for our midfield? Signed in the summer, injured in pre-season, finally fit and into the team and looking stronger each game, then dropped to make way for a loan signing. He probably wonders why he signed for the club.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i've just heard from my brother in wiltshire that me sexstone was interviewed before the game and he said "in the two games i have seen it is clear the players are not giving their best".a first broadside from the boardroom.let's hope that fletch,romain and nancekivill will be gone tomorrow or monday.they have had plenty of time to get this lot fit and it is obvious they are not.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
this team is undoubtedly the worst i have ever seen in over 40 years.they are even worse than kev hodges' and they were dire.it was epitomised by lennox near the end chipping that ball into the crowd when he had all the time in the world to put in a decent cross.their fitness levels are appalling also.when guy madjo joined us a short time ago he was sharp,strong with a great first touch.he is now the opposite of that.it tells me that training must be lax.where were messrs feeney and young today?this club is a complete shambles and the sooner fletch,ro and nance get the chop the better.they are nowhere near good enough.

Jul 6, 2011
Tugboat":2qt6f4wg said:
As long as Chadwick starts upfront for us we will always be in trouble.

It really does epitomise everything bad with Argyle right now.

Thought he was better today, but needs someone a bit more prolific beside him

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
briangreen":3ob53abz said:
Tugboat":3ob53abz said:
As long as Chadwick starts upfront for us we will always be in trouble.

It really does epitomise everything bad with Argyle right now.

Thought he was better today, but needs someone a bit more prolific beside him
You mean in place of him?

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
John Petrie":332fybg0 said:
We were actually unlucky today as we really should have been at least 1 up at half time and probably should have a penalty second half for hand ball. That said, it is not luck that sees us in the position that we are in, that is poor management.

It was great to see us mix the play up, some good direct passing to chest and feet and a lot more dangerous out wide with crosses actually coming in and corners being won. With proper strikers up front we would have scored. Unfortunately the second half did not see us creating anywhere near as much and my half time prediction of an inevitable 1 0 defeat came true, I was just wrong about if being from a set piece.

Chesterfield were poor today and there for the taking but we failed to capitalise on our dominance and lost at home again. It is simply not good enough and something has to change.

What was really frustrating today was the way in which Fletch attempted to change the game once it was going away from us. He did it too late and he just got it so wrong, again. For the five minutes or so before their goal we had started to stagnate having pretty much been in control up until that point. Did he do anything about it? No. When he did make changes he changed personnel, formation and tactics. Bringing on Lennox was utterly pointless to then resort to hoof and hope. Bringing on the two strikers was the right thing to do (really they should have started), but bringing off PCH and changing to hoof and hope was just ridiculous. We had looked dangerous for most of the game, in particular down the flanks, where we were getting crosses in and winning corners, and did not need to change our approach. We needed the two up front to freshen it up and start holding the ball for us again and that was all that was needed, somebody in the box to put away one of the crosses or chances that we were creating. Instead Fletch actually completely took the game away from us. Utterly useless.

He has to go, he has to go now and if he doesn't go then I will despair even more.

Sadly I have to agree. I could see their goal coming and we should have brought on subs at that point. Always too cautious and defensive. Just don't think things will change unless we get new ideas and tactics and sadly Fletch seems to have run out of them. Surely this can't go on much longer, for the good of all concerned?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
what has to change is the pathetic horizontal ladder and the pre start of the 2nd half maypole dancing.it doesn't do anything apart from making opposing supporters and squad snigger.

E

Every Saturday

Arrived late today. Looked at Chesterfield - whole team looked 6ft+. Saw two banks of four - which appeared well drilled. Hoped Chesterfield wouldn't get a corner ... Saw us ping it around prettily - but didnt expect us to score .
Dont think they got a corner - but they got a cross in ...

My Chesterfield mate said "thought you looked good - but we only got one chance and we scored!"

But that's it - all you need to do is keep a clean sheet, and take your chance

This is the basement league - and like it or lot there is a style of football which can work well in this league

Apparently Southend had acute financial difficulties last year - unfashionable club, no money and hardly any players. Anybody seen their form guide? Their league position? The "Southend way" probably isnt very pretty - but it can work ... (in this league)

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Every Saturday":3att3ros said:
Arrived late today. Looked at Chesterfield - whole team looked 6ft+. Saw two banks of four - which appeared well drilled. Hoped Chesterfield wouldn't get a corner ... Saw us ping it around prettily - but didnt expect us to score .
Dont think they got a corner - but they got a cross in ...

My Chesterfield mate said "thought you looked good - but we only got one chance and we scored!"

But that's it - all you need to do is keep a clean sheet, and take your chance

This is the basement league - and like it or lot there is a style of football which can work well in this league

Apparently Southend had acute financial difficulties last year - unfashionable club, no money and hardly any players. Anybody seen their form guide? Their league position? The "Southend way" probably isnt very pretty - but it can work ... (in this league)
good post mate.with regard to the southend way if you are winning it is always pretty.our football today was schoolboy stuff

Aug 10, 2006
Pilgrim61":21lci9ty said:
Why, after the club have been hyping it, would you not play Lowry? Molesley did ok by all accounts bu he hasn't played this season!

Surely Lowry, with the old club motivation, should have featured!
agree should have started.

Aug 10, 2006
Pilgrim61":2lcklvuk said:
Why, after the club have been hyping it, would you not play Lowry? Molesley did ok by all accounts bu he hasn't played this season!

Surely Lowry, with the old club motivation, should have featured!
agree should have started.

Aug 10, 2006
memory man":l9m3e946 said:
Lord Avviva":l9m3e946 said:
low turn out a reason to call a game off? !!!!think more to do with 6 defeats from 7 games perhaps?
A really good turn out when you combine the results and the weather.
agree good crowd given the circumstances i would say a low low crowd is under 3500.